⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put some respek on Klay man. Healthy he's the best SG in the league. Only one that actually defends the opposing teams best player too.

Nah, you’re just being weird cherry picking quotes out of context. The broader context was about changing the style of play to have Steph PnR’ing a lot more. Which I thought would likely end in injury. The style of play also hasn’t shifted to that, so this “gotcha” moment isn’t quite what you think it is.

So you couldn't have just said the change in playstyle might be tough for Steph to adjust to? You HAD to predict an injury?

Again, you not understanding how wild of a comment that was is funny.

But you got it. Sorry for bumping that post.

*White Flag*

Ray vs. Klay

Just looking at the offensive side of the ball.

MIL/SEA Ray vs. Klay: No competition. Not sure Klay's own father would pick him over Ray.

BOS Ray vs. Klay would be more of a "fair" discussion. But again, due to the "3PT Revolution" Klay's attempts basically doubled Rays.

Again, why? He was a 21 ppg guy over that span. What’s so earth shattering about that. Ray was like the 5th best 2 in his prime. Y’all gotta relax

So you couldn't have just said the change in playstyle might be tough for Steph to adjust to? You HAD to predict an injury?

Again, you not understanding how wild of a comment that was is funny.

But you got it. Sorry for bumping that post.

*White Flag*
Man you are something else. :lol: I hope you got out of this what you were looking for. Sincerely.

Again, why? He was a 21 ppg guy over that span. What’s so earth shattering about that. Ray was like the 5th best 2 in his prime. Y’all gotta relax

Are you simple looking at SHOOTING or are you looking at the entire offensive package?

Again, on the offensive side of the ball, I am not sure what Klay Thompson did better than MIL/SEA Ray Allen.

If you could tell me, let me know please.

Put some respek on Klay man. Healthy he's the best SG in the league. Only one that actually defends the opposing teams best player too.
Nobody is talking about defense.

Yea, we respect him for sure. I don't think us saying MIL/SEA Ray Allen is a preferred choice on the offensive end is disrespectful to Klay.

I don't recall saying they did or didn't. I was just confused as to why yall brought that team up in the first place.

Plus I am on record of saying I don't think this team is making the playoffs.

BIG FISH BIG FISH
Lol that comparison was actually made by a Steph fan in here to justify how bad the Warriors looked last year and to start off this year.
The reasoning used iirc was that the Warriors wouldn’t be able to put together a similar trade package for AD lmaooooooo

My argument has always been LeBron is/was just as much of a "PG" as Magic Johnson was.

We just accepted the label GIVEN to Magic.

Primary Ball-Handlers that were simply 6'8+.
If Lebron can be considered a PG I don’t think Steph can be 2nd greatest point guard of all-time

Lol that comparison was actually made by a Steph fan in here to justify how bad the Warriors looked last year and to start off this year.
The justification used iirc was that the Warriors wouldn’t be able to put together a similar trade package for AD lmaooooooo

Yea, you gotta bump that one. I just remember the bum Kobe teams atlsfinest atlsfinest brought up. I don't remember these recent Laker squads being mentioned.

Either way, I still feel GSW might not make the playoffs.

Nobody is talking about defense.

Yea, we respect him for sure. I don't think us saying MIL/SEA Ray Allen is a preferred choice on the offensive end is disrespectful to Klay.

If we're doing Player A > Player B defense has to be included. I like the prime Ray/Redd comparisons though. I think Klay found himself in the perfect situation, but if he was the main guy on some other team I think he'd be just as good if not better. Just obviously without the same amount of wins.

If we're doing Player A > Player B defense has to be included. I like the prime Ray/Redd comparisons though. I think Klay found himself in the perfect situation, but if he was the main guy on some other team I think he'd be just as good if not better. Just obviously without the same amount of wins.

Again, I think the convo was on the offensive side of the ball. Not the entire player.

If we are looking at being a 2-Way threat, then I don't think it is close. Klay wins easily. That isn't even debatable.

Are you simple looking at SHOOTING or are you looking at the entire offensive package?

Again, on the offensive side of the ball, I am not sure what Klay Thompson did better than MIL/SEA Ray Allen.

Feel like folks must just have poor memories of that era or something.

Facts.

****, VC was arguably better than Ray in that period. AI etc. Tmac. Ray was a dawg. But *****s in here acting like it’s “disrespectful” to compare Klay who’s a 22ppg guy as a 2nd & 3rd option on historically great teams

Yea I’m more than fine with the receipts but it’s definitely funny people are forgetting he lost :lol: it’s like remembering OBJ’s catch but no one talking about the Giants actually losing that game.

so we are going to act like stats aren’t posted never posted to prop up Lebron. No matter how y’all try and slice it, Bron has LOST more finals than he has won.

I get why you would say that, but I’m not as sure simply because Klay’s never been in a position to be a number one option. He’s such an elite shooter that with the right coach and right players surrounding him, maybe he could be. (Theoretically, pre-injury).

Not like Ray was dragging untalented teams to the playoffs. Those Seattle and Milwaukee teams he was on each had several other good players.

Anyone know what Klay’s numbers look like in games he played without Steph and/or KD?

But Ray has been put in that situation and we have evidence on what he can do in that position.

The team success wasn't the discussion. I thought we were comparing the skills of the two players.

Other than using "Melo Visualizations" , we have no reason to believe Klay had the ability that Ray had.

(Again, just speaking on the offensive side of the ball)

what’s an entire package if got you 21 PPG doe? Not shaming 21 but y’all talk as if ray was TMAC. He averaged 1 more assist and 1 more rebound.

wheres ray game 6 and 7 against OKC?

But seriously, team sports don't work like this.

You need talent to be successful.

This team simply doesn't have the talent to do much at this point.

But we can go with the, "Real Superstars carry bums to the playoffs" narrative as if that always happens.
Nah, I just want you to understand and acknowledge this is a horrible team on paper.

You refuse to do that for whatever reason.
The team is trash.

Again, basketball doesn't work this way.

Yall need to stop buying into these dumb media narratives man.

He is a frail 6'3 guard playing with below average talent.

But, blame the star.
Name the instances where there were HORRIBLE teams.

I'll wait.

Screenshot_20210207-085726_Chrome.jpg

Still true?

Jemele keeps bumpin receipts like he wasn't saying this was a G League team that same night 😆

Congrats. A generational player has his team in the playoff hunt. 👏 👏

Jemele gonna Jemele... :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom