⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jemele keeps bumpin receipts like he wasn't saying this was a G League team that same night 😆

Congrats. A generational player has his team in the playoff hunt. 👏 👏

The Warriors aren't making the playoffs.

I have been consistent with that all season.

what’s an entire package if got you 21 PPG doe? Not shaming 21 but y’all talk as if ray was TMAC. He averaged 1 more assist and 1 more rebound.

wheres ray game 6 and 7 against OKC?

A few of the years in MIL he played with other 18+ PPG scorers.

So saying, "He only averaged 21" is kinda misleading. I know you know that.

I get what you are saying and it IS true.

But I WONDER how Steve Nash, Mark Price, Chris Mullin, (Prime) Ray Allen would look if they were playing in this era where players are HIGHLY encouraged to take and make as many 3's as possible.
Steve Nash is coming to my job next week and I pretty much asked him this question. If it even gets picked I'm sure I will get a canned answer about why he didn't shoot more.

you know Klay played with Steph and KD, right?

Yes, we know. And during that time he did not show what Ray Allen showed when he was in Milwaukee

The Ball Handling ability.
Scoring OFF the dribble.
THe explosiveness when attacking the rim.

Again, if you think Klay has/has the same/more offensive ability as Ray Allen during this time, just tell me how.

Ya'll Continue to compare stats from the past t the present w/o acknowledging the clear boost in offense given to today's players & how the game is played.

Ray Allen averaging 30?
Why this is so far fetched. (Only question HERE)

He was averaging 26 with his squad only getting 92 Possessions per game. I don't think it is that far fetched BUT I won't say it would be a guarantee. (It is a hypothetical, none of us know for sure).

Klay can't doesn't put the ball on the floor and we're comparing him to 90s & 00s #1 guards? Ray, Vince, T-Mac?!?!?!

11 dribbles?

tenor.gif

But Ray has been put in that situation and we have evidence on what he can do in that position.

The team success wasn't the discussion. I thought we were comparing the skills of the two players.

Other than using "Melo Visualizations" , we have no reason to believe Klay had the ability that Ray had.

(Again, just speaking on the offensive side of the ball)

I brought up the talent on Allen’s teams in response to B Sox B Sox noting that Ray was the 1st option on “playoff teams and then saying Klay couldn’t be that. Since Klay’s never been asked to be a first option, EYE personally don’t think there’s sufficient evidence to say definitively he couldn’t be a number 1 guy on a playoff team. Would depend on the situation since, as you’re fond of pointing out, basketball is a team sport.

Yes, it’s a fact Ray Allen was the first option on playoff team. I’m just not comfortable acting like it’s a fact Klay couldn’t go they just based on him never having been asked to do it.

Prime Ray Allen Playing Pick & Roll in a 5 out given the greenlight to pull from 30 whenever he wants is getting you 30ppg..

Also the two years Beal has been putting up 30, it has com while his team is bottom of the barrel & untalented. When he had semi competent teammates he hovered around 23-25

Ya'll Continue to compare stats from the past t the present w/o acknowledging the clear boost in offense given to today's players & how the game is played.

and you’re ignoring the significant minute increase players of the past had

Klay shot better. Better post game. Better defender. Ray was more explosive, cool. He dribbled more but no one remembers him for putting the ball on the ground like that. Let’s be real.

at the end of the day Klay is better.

lawdog1 lawdog1

I agree. It isn't fair to say Klay COULDN'T have been a #1 Option on a PLayoff Squad. I agree. (That isn't to say he could/couldn't, he just never HAD to try).

Prime Ray Allen Playing Pick & Roll in a 5 out given the greenlight to pull from 30 whenever he wants is getting you 30ppg..

Also the two years Beal has been putting up 30, it has com while his team is bottom of the barrel & untalented. When he had semi competent teammates he hovered around 23-25

Buddy Hield could average 21 running off floppy for 40 minutes per game playing for the 2000 bucks too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom