⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Blake’s been a topic today - it’s well know his BM also has a kid with Matt Leinart. But did you know her brother is with Tiger Woods’ ex-wife and has a kid with her? Interesting hustle that family’s come up with.

Dude looks like a leech.

D4E34D2A-4123-4B75-BDFB-0FC4EE304033.jpeg

We (or the league office, anyway) still have the matter of an Anthony Davis injury replacement. There is something ceremonial about an injury add-on, and so I'm all for indulging a bit of ceremony to honor Conley with his first career selection.

I haven't known quite what to make of Conley's season. He's averaging 16.4 points and 5.6 dimes in 29 minutes -- not eye-popping, even if he (barely) leads the Jazz in assists. Utah went 6-0 this month with Conley out nursing a hamstring injury, with five wins coming by double figures. His centrality faded as the rest of the Jazz rose up. Quin Snyder has tethered Conley to Gobert, bringing them in and out of games almost in sync, making it harder to untangle Conley's individual impact.

And yet, advanced stats paint Conley as maybe the most deserving reserve. He is the VanVleet of the West in that advanced numbers portray a very different player than traditional stats -- and, sometimes, the eye test -- and for some of the same reasons.

Conley is a steady, low-turnover player who shoots efficiently from pretty much everywhere and is generally doing the right thing every moment -- even if he is no longer the defender he was in his prime. Once choosy, Conley is letting it fly from deep.

There were a bunch of early-season games, as Mitchell got off to an erratic start and Bojan Bogdanovic worked off the rust, when Conley was Utah's most reliable and maybe best player. The Jazz have outscored opponents by a monstrous 16 points per 100 possessions when Conley plays without Mitchell.

Those advanced numbers might be exaggerating Conley's impact, but they are telling us something.

You can make a decent case for any of these guys as Davis' replacement. But with Utah holding the best record and (by far) point differential, I would be fine with the league celebrating Conley's tremendous career by awarding him this spot. So I'll do it here too. Booker would be my next choice. As always, there are going to be some tough omissions.

Conley not really an all star, but this wayyy last min...Unless yo in ATL already I would be chillin

Mike’s gonna get an NBA all-star jersey with his name on it he can hang in his closet and he’ll be in the box score for the game. That’d be real enough for me.

Looking back at that 2014 draft **** would be A LOT different if redid :lol:
Maybe something like this?

1- Embiid (3)
2- Joker (41)
3- LaVine (13)
4- Randle (7)
5- Gordon (4)
6- Smart (6)
7- Jerami Grant (39)
8- Nurkic (16)
9- Capela (25)
10- Joe Harris (33)
11- Warren (14)
12- Clarkson (46)
13- Dinwiddie (38 )
14- Wiggins (1)

Definitely some other good guys in the draft too. Pretty strong.

is blake completely washed? last time i remember seeing him play was when he was injured in the playoffs vs the bucks

is blake completely washed? last time i remember seeing him play was when he was injured in the playoffs vs the bucks

He’s looked pretty bad since then, save for a few moments here and there, and his numbers are bad across the board. But some people think he was half-assing and really has more left than he was showing.

I personally think he’s pretty washed.

Reactions: OTG
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom