⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the first falsehood in your post is that NO ONE has said he needs to average 20+. Second, NO ONE has said he doesn’t positively impact the game. What has been stated is that unwillingness to shoot as well as come off ball more has a negative impact come playoff time. It’s fine if he isn’t that and this is his ceiling but that also limits the Sixers ceiling as constructed.
This here is where YALL aren’t seeing the differences in his play under Glenn compared to Brett

In the past when he was off ball he was involved in 0 actions and was told to stand in the dunkers spot. He’s involved in the actions. If Tobias has a better defender on him, he was a high PnR to force to switch and Tobias cooks the mismatch in the post. If they don’t switch, he goes into post. When Jo has the ball on the block and is doubled, he’s cutting to rim to force help and open passing lanes

Things schematically are 100% different between the coaches. he’s not just gonna be standing there. Since Embiid has been out, we’ve closed games doing the same exact thing over and over. Only game we struggled in was the Bucks (we got the looks we wanted but a lot rimmed out) and that was on a b2b (and 5th game in 7 days)

He's a good NBA player and can contribute to a good team but the fact that he was making almost $30m is insane. Also, the fact that he is hearing pictures from teams about what they can offer him as opposed to him speaking to teams about what he can offer them is insane.

How is it insane, Say what you want about Drummond but in most of these situations he's taking a minimum for the rest of the year, which is WAY below his value.

So under this price tag dude is a good asset for competing teams, hence why he has the ability to meet with several teams in that position.

THEY bring up the 6ers every morning and then get mad when we talk about them.
I wouldn’t say mad. YALL keep bringing up the same dumb **** about “hE wIlL bE iN tHe DuNkErS sPoT” when he actually hasn’t under Glenn. This is Brett Brown on the sideline

His non-shooting limits the Sixers as much as Harden's lack of defense impacts the Nets, or Lebron's lack of free throw shooting impacts the Lakers. But in Ben's case, it goes past being a deficiency like in those other players' cases and becomes an indictment on him as a player. The caliber of player that he is.

Sure, your point makes total sense. But look around...what you said in the quoted and what is generally said about Ben Simmons are not the same.

ALSO...averaging 20+ is implied by most people who say he doesn't shoot. It has nothing to do with "spreading the floor". People want him to be "Lebron-lite" as someone said.
Harden’s defense and Bron’s FT shooting are nowhere near comparable to Benjamin’s pure unwillingness to shoot. No matter how else you positively impact the game, 1 point ain’t cutting it, chief. The Sixers 7’, 280lb center puts more perimeter pressure on the defense than their point guard. That has proven to not work in the playoffs and for amitt5504 amitt5504 ’s sake, I’ll specify *Under Brett Brown* so we’ll see what Glenn does.

EYE don’t imply 20+. He could shoot the same percentages but if he was able to diversify his game then it would work wonders for Philly’s offense in the playoffs.

THEY bring up the 6ers every morning and then get mad when we talk about them.

Dude what? No one was talking about Simmons until this was posted. Get your facts right. The Simmons love doesn't start from us gassing him up every morning, it starts from guys like Stormy here trying to bring him down.

The lengths folks go to justify Simmons paltry scoring output :smh:

Honestly Ben Simmons is probably gets more slander then he deserves because of his scoring, dudes are just in love with guys who put up 25+, give up 30 and win 35 games per year.
1616765476648.jpeg

Harden’s defense and Bron’s FT shooting are nowhere near comparable to Benjamin’s pure unwillingness to shoot. No matter how else you positively impact the game, 1 point ain’t cutting it, chief. The Sixers 7’, 280lb center puts more perimeter pressure on the defense than their point guard. That has proven to not work in the playoffs and for amitt5504 amitt5504 ’s sake, I’ll specify *Under Brett Brown* so we’ll see what Glenn does.

EYE don’t imply 20+. He could shoot the same percentages but if he was able to diversify his game then it would work wonders for Philly’s offense in the playoffs.
You will see the differences in his game once George Hill starts playing. He has diversified his game. EYE have said for a while now that you won’t see his true impact until he plays with a real point guard

I apologize for having expectations for a #1 overall pick. James Harden is averaging 25 & 11... That is AT minimum 47 points a night. But we should throw a parade for Ben Simmons off one night.

Make it make sense.

People in here have put James Harden's name above Kobe & Mike as offensive players. They claim Ben is a complete negative on offense.

I could see why it's being brought up :lol:

How is Harden being a complete liability on one side of the ball not comparable to Ben not shooting?

i didnt know this was a 1 on 5

this must be a new nba league i dont know about

last i checked it was a team game

Well the first falsehood in your post is that NO ONE has said he needs to average 20+. Second, NO ONE has said he doesn’t positively impact the game. What has been stated is that unwillingness to shoot as well as come off ball more has a negative impact come playoff time. It’s fine if he isn’t that and this is his ceiling but that also limits the Sixers ceiling as constructed.
It really isn't THAT hard to get this point

This is so not the case. They are not anywhere near comparable things. This is legit offensive.

Not even close guy is delusional. Harden has improved dramatically over the years but its Been years for Simmons and guess what his shot is still the same

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom