⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
3A278B73-D981-4138-947E-704D423648DF.jpeg

antidope antidope look at this **** :smh:

I don’t understand why teams on the cusp of a chip don’t pull the trigger. You have a 2-3 year window, you need to make moves like this.

The sixers might have less time than 2 3 years . If they get bounced in the second round changes will be made for sure . Ben and the process been there 5 years yes there been injuries . Joel got 2 years left so we see what happens

Does Candace need a pass for this take or do y’all agree?

I think she’s just saying he’d be more respected if he played in an era where folks shot less 3s?

Less 3s and less analytics. I could see him getting more love if he was in the TMAC/ AI era. Will it translate to more success? Maybe. It's hard to tell.

I’m starting to fall into the Bucks trap again. PJ Tucker was good pick up for them and I think Jrue’s settling in there more. I have them right there with Philly, but it’s the Nets’ conference title to lose.
PJ Tucker is my guy but he’s terrible. I don’t even think he will play enough minutes to make a difference in the playoffs.

Jrue makes them interesting but I think Miami can take them again.

I don’t understand why teams on the cusp of a chip don’t pull the trigger. You have a 2-3 year window, you need to make moves like this.
Like Morey said, yes you go in but you also have to have ammo to take another shot if the move you made ultimately didn’t work. If the Raptors were trying to bleed dry every draft pick then no I’m good.

Honestly if Lowry had one more year on his deal the trade would’ve been made. If it didn’t work, you have a 30+ mil expiring to dangle as trade bait. Lowry wanting a new contract means you’d have 3 years to try to contend but you’d also have zero money and no picks to have as cheap contracts to fill out the roster.

Of course we don’t have billions to pay in luxury tax bills so it’s not our money but it makes no sense going all in without having some form of flexibility

Very few teams stay in that 50-60 win range for close to a decade. Spurs, Mavs, Lakers come to mind. Sixers organization and window is not there. They don’t have a Duncan, Dirk, Kobe etc to just reload and stay flexible.

There’s only so much Embiid and Simmons can do. This can easily turn into a Rockets 2.0 situation. Youre battling against the Nets, you need to make that move. That team that lost to Kawhi is still way better than what you guys have now.

Ben is Ben but Embiid is injury prone so it’s a tough decision on what move they should make.

Especially if your best player is injury prone you make that move. Injuries are part of the game. Realistically theyre still in that pretender category with the Jazz, Nuggets, etc.

Honestly that Jimmy Butler team was really good. Embiid really goofed by getting sick on some stupid ****

Very few teams stay in that 50-60 win range for close to a decade. Spurs, Mavs, Lakers come to mind. Sixers organization and window is not there. They don’t have a Duncan, Dirk, Kobe etc to just reload and stay flexible.

There’s only so much Embiid and Simmons can do. This can easily turn into a Rockets 2.0 situation. Youre battling against the Nets, you need to make that move. That team that lost to Kawhi is still way better than what you guys have now.
Yes the 18-19 team is better. It had an actual point guard on the roster

This won’t be a Rockets 2.0 because our star isn’t demanding to trade everything for his best friend. Our star isn’t totally useless off ball and would only play a certain way

The one thing you don’t do is go all in in year 1 of a totally new FO regime and coaching staff. You make moves on the margins to give you an idea on what should be made to make a steady contending roster. I have faith in Morey knowing what to do

Honestly that Jimmy Butler team was really good. Embiid really goofed by getting sick on some stupid ****
Embiid getting sick wasn’t the issue. He still dominated while being sick. The problem then was Brett giving Jimmy full control (albeit the correct decision) without practicing it at least once the entire regular season leading into the series. Simmons was completely useless because he was put in a role he had no familiarity with

I'm a Philly believer. Was at the beginning of the year and I'm not caving.

Driving through next weekend and have to make a few pit stops. Dalessandros first. Any good new restaurants that are open Philly people? Will be in North Philly and Point Breeze.

Last edited:
They were a legit Finals-level team and that's because Jimmy Bunyan is a bad man. Comparing this team to them though, they've basically replaced Redick and Ennis with Curry and Danny Green. That's probably a wash. However, they've replaced Bunyan with a combo of George Hill and Shake Milton. Not loving that. At all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom