⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
In an ideal world, what would YOU have liked to see KD's punishment be?

It’s less about KD in a vacuum and more about how one guy basically got cancelled and the other guy getting a slap in the wrist. Someone did have a good point of the NBA fine vs Team fine.

also, yes, KD is a superstar. But I also believe that racial slur towards black peoples and anti Semitic slur have more repercussions that a gay slur or even an anti Muslim slur or whatever other minority and that’s due to a couple of things:

- there’s a lot of Jew owners as opposed to gay owners
- black and Jewish history in the US is more engrained and their struggles are tied with US history.

Is he still on ESPN? There's nothing terrible about these videos but they do seem kind of OD for featured member of a Disney network.

dead (1).png

It’s less about KD in a vacuum and more about how one guy basically got cancelled and the other guy getting a slap in the wrist. Someone did have a good point of the NBA fine vs Team fine.

also, yes, KD is a superstar. But I also believe that racial slur towards black peoples and anti Semitic slur have more repercussions that a gay slur or even an anti Muslim slur or whatever other minority and that’s due to a couple of things:

- black and Jewish history in the US is more engrained and their struggles are tied with US history.

I am a supporter of the LGBTQIA2S+ community.

Having said that, and I don't say this to sound insensitive, but insinuating that the plight of the homosexual community is anywhere close to that of the Black and Jewish community is laughable. Black and Jewish folks have been going through and have it it for centuries.

Again, I'm not saying that I don't empathize with the LGBTQIA2S+ community and other folks who may have been offended but C**** sucker is nowhere near as offensive as N***** or K***. And I'm also not trying to "feelings" police by saying how you or the members of that group should feel. I just don't think the situations are entirely comparable.

So,
In an ideal world, what would YOU have liked to see KD's punishment be?

Can we please not say Myers Leonard got “cancelledHe still exists. He still can make a living being a professional basketball player.

He got suspended, then traded, then released. If he was a better NBA player he’d still have a job in the NBA.

Plus, I wouldn’t be surprised if some gaming enterprise or media outlet that leans conservatively has already approached him with offers.

Would y'all have considered C****sucker to be a "homophobic and misogynistic" slur prior to this KD incident?

what do you think should have happened to KD?

As with most “movements” cancelled jumped the shark and most ppl don’t know what it means anymore ...Now it’s basically a right wing complaint whenever they don’t like what’s happening

But meanwhile the right is now calling for boycotts of Major League Baseball and for it to lose its antitrust exemption because that league did something they didn’t like...what do they call that, I wonder?

And let’s be real KD could have dropped every derogatory slur imaginable and he would still lace them up come playoff time.
We always make exceptions for certain people

Would y'all have considered C****sucker to be a "homophobic and misogynistic" slur prior to this KD incident?

Not really. I’ve heard those terms thrown so often in a variety of settings that I view them as generic insults that have evolved beyond the original context of their creation. Like the word “*****”.

It’s why in Semi-Pro they had a whole gag about “jive Turkey” being a worse insult than cock sucker

One of these cats gonna **** around and get hit with a lawsuit from Gordon. :lol:

Dude reaching with that homophobic thing. I saw a yahoo article where they were trying say Durant was all kinds of lgbtq phobic for the exchange. It was quite laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom