⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think CP3 can play at a high level in the NBA for a few more years. What he does now really doesn’t rely on speed or athleticism.
I’m always left wondering how historically great of an offense Lebby + CP3 could have put together if they had ever teamed up. Even at their current ages, with a couple of 3&D wings for cheap and a Clint Capela, that’s a championship caliber team.

Think it can be a little bit of both with Blake right? Mailed it in, but also isn't anything particularly special anymore due to injuries and just happens to be playing with elite spacing?

We might need to readjust PER. I just looked at it and we're on pace to have 4 players break the record for highest PER this season (Embiid, Zion, Jokic and Giannis). Those guys are balling but I don't think that they're playing better than 15-16 Steph or Miami Bron. I think this is primarily due to teams just not playing defense this season.

We might need to readjust PER. I just looked at it and we're on pace to have 4 players break the record for highest PER this season (Embiid, Zion, Jokic and Giannis). Those guys are balling but I don't think that they're playing better than 15-16 Steph or Miami Bron. I think this is primarily due to teams just not playing defense this season.
PER tends to favor bigs, especially elite bigs.

For some reason Blake injury/career trajectory reminds me of all time Knick great Amar’e Stoudemire. Flashy, played above the rim but sidelined with injuries, but still serviceable. Blake will be fine.

Again look at his team in Detroit ...... no spacing the floor there ....

He went from averaging 13 to averaging 9 for the nets ....

vince on the other hand went from 16 to 30for the nets

yes Blake seem to be playing with more vigor and energy but easy buckets will be had if you surround him by Brooklyn big 3 and even Aldridge and joe Harris .... who all stretch the floor
Think it can be a little bit of both with Blake right? Mailed it in, but also isn't anything particularly special anymore due to injuries and just happens to be playing with elite spacing?

Yes, it’s all of these things.

He has declined as a player due to age and injuries and it’s easier for him to get opportunities for dunks, etc. as a Net AND he was half-assing on the Pistons.

This 🔥
0D0B97ED-2D84-431D-AA14-1F4E0EF084ED.jpeg
C580BBCD-AF0E-4EE0-A4F5-373FAE55EB8F.jpeg

Blake has more blocks in Brooklyn than he did in Detroit playing significantly more minutes.

he absolutely mailed it in
Spacing or not, Blake was moving in mud in Detroit and had dead legs for the better part of two years.

He wasn't trying.

Nobody's saying he's an elite basketball player at this point. But unless one of the Big 3 had some of MJ's Secret Stuff stored away, it's obvious what was going on down the stretch in Detroit.

Spacing or not, Blake was moving in mud in Detroit and had dead legs for the better part of two years.

He wasn't trying.

Nobody's saying he's an elite basketball player at this point. But unless one of the Big 3 had some of MJ's Secret Stuff stored away, it's obvious what was going on down the stretch in Detroit.

him challenging Zion at the rim last night is all you need to know about Blake

oh and he ditched that white leg sleeve too.

Guys like Blake and harden will suffer the same fate as former Nets like Vince and deron williams who came before them. Karma is a consistent plotline in sports

He went from averaging 13 to averaging 9 for the nets ....

No kidding his points per game dropped, because his minutes per game went from 31 to 19. The spacing being way better is a valid part of it, but you still don't just go from a single digit PER to almost 20 without mailing it in.

865EE920-A380-4B0D-A368-ECBB9A746857.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom