⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt want to be fully or even mostly paid in BTC either
Sure most wealth is stored and transferred digitally nowadays
But cryptos are still a poor currency because of lack of adoption and volatility
I want my currency to be stable and usable everywhere
Great as an investment though. Look at how much you made off of a $2000 purchase in 2012
I can see this. PAID is a whole different ball game, you're forcing investments on people. Golden handcuffs which in this case may be made out paper.
BTC only blew up because of social media. It's all those "get rich quick" type of investors. No, thanks :lol:
Yup... All the education on it are memes. I have seen maybe one real solid piece of material on it. Crazy. All the returns are momentum and flow driven its crazy to watch.
I honestly feel like sports cards might be a somewhat decent investment now.
Dude I work with just spent $2k on cards, in his pack he got an autographed... Brian Scalabrine card.

I honestly feel like sports cards might be a somewhat decent investment now.
The old school joints that we grew up with or these new Top Shot thingamajiggers? I'm still not certain what they are but I know the value of the company and their products on the resale market are growing exponentially. I don't get it.

I am pretty open minded but NFT art and Nba topshot is ******* crazy to me.

Sports cards have at least been around for decades and more and more people are getting into it.

0*a_wSZtBr2dX0g9r9.jpg

I am pretty open minded but NFT art and Nba topshot is ****ing crazy to me.

Sports cards have at least been around for decades and more and more people are getting into it.

Interesting. Based on my lifetime, interest in sports cards has been very cyclical. When I was in 5th/6th grade, it was real big. Everyone had had binders of cards. Then it faded out and didn’t seem like anyone was doing it.

Guess the hobby is having another resurgence.

I am pretty open minded but NFT art and Nba topshot is ****ing crazy to me.

I just perused a few articles on "NFT Art" and I'm good. My thoughts on BTC basically mirror those of anti and hank. I'm still skeptical and admittedly don't fully understand but I put a little something something in it back in the day for the culture. Sure it's grown but I couldn't tell you why or why I even made the decision to invest :lol:

This NFT Art and Topshot, though? I'd be perfectly fine in 10, 20, 50 years saying I missed the boat on that one because as of now this seems absurd.

Money is being totally gamified. Its all a race to capture the dollars of the retail/young investor; a segment of the market that people by and large ignored for decades and now its become apparent that in aggregate they control a very large portion of global investable capital.

-Oh you can't buy art? Where here is art for your generation (NFTs)
-Here is currency for your generation, the legacy system is screwed look how long it takes to send money places!
-Can't afford a financial advisor, here's a robo advisor (this is a good thing IMO)
-Lets create these reddits/Discords/Private Groups where herd trade behind ONE guy who is supposedly an expert
-Come Learn How to trade Forex
-GME period

At the end of the day I'm glad people are getting interest in the concept of putting their money to work, but a lot of what is at the forefront of it in our demographic is not being properly underwritten in terms of risk. People are gonna be left holding the bags and unfortunately turned away from what should be a good thing for people long term

NFTs were pushed once y’all cracked the GameStop formula to divert your attention stay woke

Someone bought the NFT of an SNL skit making fun of NFTs for $360,000. I don't get this use of it at all. Even Jim Jones who didn't believe in it, texted a picture of his chain to the person trying to explain it to him, and they sold that NFT for $1,000.

I was thinking more in terms of like the guy, Elijah Connor, who is in the staring meme with Diddy. Apple took that gif and put it on their phone without telling/asking/paying him. Seems like he should own that moment or himseflf but idk maybe thats intellectual property. Unless somehow "The Four" owned it which would suck

Money is being totally gamified. Its all a race to capture the dollars of the retail/young investor; a segment of the market that people by and large ignored for decades and now its become apparent that in aggregate they control a very large portion of global investable capital.

-Oh you can't buy art? Where here is art for your generation (NFTs)
-Here is currency for your generation, the legacy system is screwed look how long it takes to send money places!
-Can't afford a financial advisor, here's a robo advisor (this is a good thing IMO)
-Lets create these reddits/Discords/Private Groups where herd trade behind ONE guy who is supposedly an expert
-Come Learn How to trade Forex
-GME period

At the end of the day I'm glad people are getting interest in the concept of putting their money to work, but a lot of what is at the forefront of it in our demographic is not being properly underwritten in terms of risk. People are gonna be left holding the bags and unfortunately turned away from what should be a good thing for people long term

Aint no one care about this stuff. They just want to get rich quick.

I tell people to open up 401ks and Roth IRA. Find a mutual fund with a rate of >12% over 50+ years of history. Max out the 401 and IRA till you're 65. Chances are, you'll probably have $3-4mm (non-taxable) when it's time to retire.

But no one wants to do it the hard way.

I tell people to open up 401ks and Roth IRA. Find a mutual fund with a rate of >12% over 50+ years of history. Max out the 401 and IRA till you're 65. Chances are, you'll probably have $3-4mm (non-taxable) when it's time to retire.

You made almost 8m's in less than a decade from a nominal initial investment though, entirely passive.

Bruh, bitcoin high was like $15 in 2012. If you had $2,000 worth then, you had ~133 bitcoins. It's ~$57 ,707 now. So that $2,000 in 2012 would be $7,694,XXX now. And you don't believe in it? What else could you have done, legal or illegal, to get that kind of return

J. Cole flipped a quarter brick to 10 keys. Just saying 🤷‍♂️

I tripled up in crypto. I don’t have to understand it completely. I’m not trying to be on the sidelines
People are gonna be left holding the bags and unfortunately turned away from what should be a good thing for people long term

These two posts sum up my stance. I'm not all-in but it's proven to be profitable so I'll get my feet wet. However, I'm not going in heavy because if **** blows up not only would I lose money but it would literally be because I invested in something new/unknown that I know nothing about :lol: Not trying to run that risk.

Justin Jackson still out here. The Thunder waived him because he was, at times, playing better than they expected or wanted him to. Allegedly, he was a hot name around the deadline and Presti blew a chance to add to his stock of draft assets

Pretty much the same, just do that buy ETFs, call it a day. Unless you're in the weeds on this stuff, that's the way.

Buy some single names around it if your really feel like you want to, but recognize that 9/10 times you're gonna lose to the ETFs over the long term.
You made almost 8m's in less than a decade from a nominal initial investment though, entirely passive.
Its not really passive, and the vol of Bitcoin is pretty much immeasurable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom