⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of yall are speaking from the perspective of older men.

Why would being an analyst on baseball tonight increase his relevance to someone.....nvm.

I tap out.

Sunday Night Baseball is like the Monday Night Football of baseball. But you can disregard that one I guess.

Even if he doesn't watch baseball he knows the name Alex Rodriguez and what he means to the sport. Would be like not knowing who Derek Jeter or Barry Bonds is.

The "who is that" comment was just a too cool for school jab for whatever reason IMO.

However, I could believe he doesn't know who A-Rod is IF he didn't play baseball. That makes a little more sense to me.

One of the things that came out of his mouth is B/S though.

I think y'all are looking too deep into Ant saying he could have went pro in baseball.
He's a top level physical specimen so him saying that is probably just him being confident.
I can't find anything about Ant being a MLB prospect, but in his mind had he committed to baseball, he's a major leaguer.

Jalen Ramsey said he could play in the NHL with 6 months of preparation.
These guys are stars and top 1% in the world at sports. Of course they're going to boost themselves.
I'm willing to bet he ain't watch or care about baseball like that. :lol:

Sunday Night Baseball is like the Monday Night Football of baseball. But you can disregard that one I guess.

Even if he doesn't watch baseball he knows the name Alex Rodriguez and what he means to the sport. Would be like not knowing who Derek Jeter or Barry Bonds is.

The "who is that" comment was just a too cool for school jab for whatever reason IMO.

This is possible tho.

I think people are taking that clip of him saying he played baseball and could have went to the MLB and somehow translating that to being a big fan of baseball and/or the MLB.

1. He did not play baseball in high school. If he played...was a small child.
2. It is possible to play a sport at a young age and not be a fan of whatever that sport's professional league is

Believe it or not...a demographic (especially Gen-Z'ers) exists where A-Rod wasn't an unavoidable pop-culture figure. (there's levels to this...I guarantee you he knows who Tiger Woods is)

That kid grew up on Future and Lebron James.

Depends on who is relevant to me? DMX? Yes. I never heard of Robert Downey until iron man

Right. And some people are just more famous than others. I hated baseball growing up, but I still knew who Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron and Mickey Mantle were when I was a kid, for example. And that was pre-Internet age.

Along those lines, A Rod is on a level of fame currently that I personally find it hard to believe that Edwards has never even heard his name before this week. But as I said to DC, you’re free to completely believe him.

Yea, but a 19 year old from Atlanta may not even know who JLo is :lol:
J.Lo was the halftime show at the superbowl last year lol (with a cameo from antidope antidope boy Bad Bunny).

but I know this thread hates the NFL too so they gonna say no one tuned in.

J Lo was at the superbowl? Was this when Shakira did the tongue thing?
shakira-tongue-gif.gif

totally not unrealistic for Antman to have no clue who AROD is.

Just because he played baseball doesnt mean he knows who the stars were when he was a shorty.

Im 32 and I got cousins, nieces, nephews 15 - 21 range and it goes both ways. I got no clue who some of the ppl are they are watching and they have never heard of plenty of ppl I grew up on.

Also, I played baseball from tee ball all thru highschool, there is a major disconnect between young black men and baseball. I got into cuz my Dad was big on the sport, but we generally always get steered towards either basketball, football, and/or track. Theres a lot of young dudes just like Anthony around my way so when I heard the didnt know who AROD was I wasnt shocked at all.

does Antman only know ice cube as an actor ?
does he know what time usher was in the drop top cruising the streets ?

I went to a baseball game and stayed in the bar the whole time, Securita thought I was a celebrity cause I was the only Brotha there...
Walked outside and she took me to the vip section I was so confused ( Angel Stadium)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom