⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Edwards was trolling. He came out and said he was an MLB caliber short stop, center fielder and pitcher. Don't think both can be true. So he's lying one way or another.

In this situation, why are you assuming JLO/AROD relationship status is even coming across HIS table?

What do you think he is doing/watching that THAT info is so irresistible to his world? As if he can't move around without knowing of them.

Again, yall REALLY overestimate what kids consume and are even exposed to.

He is 19/20.

I have a fifteen year old son who is constantly on the Internet. He knows of a lot of things and people who don’t relate directly to the things he’s most interested in.

Why are you assuming that Anthony Edwards doesn’t pay attention to anything that isn’t perceived as relevant to 19 and 20 year olds?

I think Edwards was trolling. He came out and said he was an MLB caliber short stop, center fielder and pitcher. Don't think both can be true. So he's lying one way or another.

he had like top 1% physical measurements of all NBA players ever. I don’t doubt what he could have done as an athlete. Baseball is more than athleticism, I know

I have a fifteen year old son who is constantly on the Internet. He knows of a lot of things and people who don’t relate directly to the things he’s most interested in.

Why are you assuming that Anthony Edwards doesn’t pay attention to anything that isn’t perceived as relevant to 19 and 20 year olds?
I am assuming that AE doesn't know AROD.

Why? He told me so.

Your son isn't AE.

If your son didn't know a random famous 50 year old has-been, I would completely understand why.

This issue here is YALL find it hard to believe a CHILD doesn't know what yall think he should know.

Guess what? He doesn't so there HAS to be a reason why.

I coach kids that don't watch BASKETBALL.

AE said he played baseball.

When he said he didn't know anything about it, I took it as him not knowing the MLB.
Fair enough, but I still think he's trolling. However, I don't know him personally, so it could be the total opposite.

I am assuming that AE doesn't know AROD.

Why? He told me so.

Your son isn't AE.

If your son didn't know a random famous 50 year old has-been, I would completely understand why.

This issue here is YALL find it hard to believe a CHILD doesn't know what yall think he should know.

Guess what? He doesn't so there HAS to be a reason why.

You generalized about what he would and wouldn’t know well beyond just A Rod, but ok.

You are free to believe him unequivocally and I’m free to have my doubts.

Precious Achiuwa didn't know who James Worthy was.

How do you explain that.

I don't know. But JW is like 60 and hasn't played in 27 years. Precious didn't even start playing basketball until he moved to the US in the 8th grade.

A-Rod is a household name in baseball, one of the greatest hitters of all time, played AE's position, played for the Yankees, retired 5 years ago, is an ESPN analyst and Sunday Night Baseball commentator and beyond that is pretty much a celebrity. If you're a MLB caliber shortstop, you know who Alex Rodriguez is.

Some of yall are speaking from the perspective of older men.

Why would being an analyst on baseball tonight increase his relevance to someone.....nvm.

I tap out.

Let me ask you a question - when you were in your teens had you heard of any pro athletes, actors, singers, etc. who had been retired for a while and/or were old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom