⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take any random (black/non-baseball following) teenage hooper right now and ask him if he knows who Mike Trout is. I promise you damn near all of them would have NO clue as to who he was.

Yall keep letting Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee convince yall that people give a damn about dumb baseball.

You're just hurt because you throw like a girl.

ken-griffey-jr-alex-rodriguez-signed-8x10-photo-autographed.jpg

MARINER_GRIFFEY_RODRIGUEZ.JPG.jpg

Now I can't really watch baseball on TV, going to games is still kinda fun if the weather is nice, and I follow the playoffs.

I remember going to see Mariners play against the Expos in Montreal on a family vaca to Canada.

A.Rod hit an upper decker home run in the first game

Griffey had an insane catch at the wall in the next one

For a while, I thought baseball was lit. And were big A-Rod and Griffey fans

But I grew up in the Caribbean and my grandmother forced me to watch test cricket. Watching that **** is like a full-time job, so I was the perfect mark for the MLB. I thought the game was fast-paced. :lol:

Last edited:
Let me ask you a question - when you were in your teens had you heard of any pro athletes, actors, singers, etc. who had been retired for a while and/or were old?
Right now, as a fully functioning man I couldn't name 10 current baseball players.

As a teen, there were PLENTY of people that I didn't know that older people would have said, "How don't you know them?"

Hell, it happens now as well with me and random white celebrities.

The only thing I really know about baseball is that Barry Bonds is the GOAT and people try to act like he isn't.
Only knows A Rod from the steroids scandal but can also proclaim Barry Bonds as the goat

200w.gif

Barry Bonds is the goat tho...

Mike Trout got next.

To further drive home the point of the disconnect.
These kids didn't know Nas. NAS. Or TLC. 2 black household names.
Y'all think they checking for Arod? :lol:

Anthony Edwards only knows Nas as a spokesperson for Hennessy and TLC is where you watch 90 Day Fiance

I cant name 5 current baseball players. :lol:

Id always get invites to Yankee games and suites this and that, free dranks all game but always gave a firm hell nah.

To further drive home the point of the disconnect.
These kids didn't know Nas. NAS. Or TLC. 2 black household names.
Y'all think they checking for Arod? :lol:

Did they do "Name the 80s" for the 2009-2011 draft class?

I was born 1990 and I suck at 80s trivia games :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom