⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't want to because you don't LIKE Steph.

But you believed they would though, right?
Said this back in December, looks like I was on the dot.
I hate the Warriors, I’d rather not bet on them.

I will say however that I think they’ll do better than people expect after tonight’s performance.

Nets are probably like a top 2 seed in the east and like a top 5 squad league wide.

GSW might be a play in team. I don’t see them being worse than like the 4th worse team in the league. Not every team will be good as the Nets.

**** wild, *****s in here were trying to be funny calling Jokic, “Dirk Gasol”. He may already be a better player than Gasol was in his prime. And he playing at the level of mid 00s Dirk right now.

Shorty is insane. Has a 41st pick ever won MVP?
**** I don't think anyone in the 20's has won an MVP

**** wild, *****s in here were trying to be funny calling Jokic, “Dirk Gasol”. He may already be a better player than Gasol was in his prime. And he playing at the level of mid 00s Dirk right now.

Shorty is insane. Has a 41st pick ever won MVP?
**** I don't think anyone in the 20's has won an MVP

Steph doing some great **** especially considering that roster (some people thought Wiggins and Oubre was gonna be break stars, don't know why but they did) but chillout on the MVP talk. Shouldn't be in MVP talk in 9th place. Like I was saying in the beginning of the year when they was getting SMACKED, other superstars have been dealt worse hands and had to deal with it. The margin of error is extremely small, can't afford to go in slumps. Steph started off the season bad, had some ups and downs, playing great right now but it might be too late to even make the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Steph but this MVP talk is ridiculous, man. Yes, he's playing out of his mind and putting up consensus MVP numbers at age 33 with scrubs. But at the end of the day his team is in 9th place and realistically at best can get to 7th. I don't know how you could vote for him over Jokic in good faith. Hell of a season and historic run but nah, man.

I want to say this mainstream media just mainstream media'ing but unfortunately they are the folks who vote for the award and they love narratives :smh:

Unbelievable. Earlier in the season when the Warriors were even worse and Steph would have a few good games in a row and the stans would pop up out of their holes and start shouting MVP. I would retort and say no way he should be a serious candidate at all based on how he was playing at the time and the team sucking. NOW y'all want to agree even though he is playing a lot better and they are doing better.

Guy is as efficient as his unanimous mvp season, with the worst spacing ever. But y’all Winn pretend like y’all didn’t question these things.

Steph been going crazy. I think a lot of the chatter from the beginning of the season is starting to dwindle now that he’s playing how WE expect him to. Steph my guy, but the first 5 games or so, I was disappointed in his effort, not his output. I posted a few times that I thought he was sulking too much. Once he got his head out of his ***, bro went crazy. The fact that statically he’s he outplaying his MVP year is really amazing man.

speaking on the MVP chatter, he should be in the convo, but no way he should win it this year. His team is too bad record wise, even though its beyond evident they’d be worse without him. I feel it’s out of CP3 or Jokic. If I had a vote, I’d lead towards CP3 honestly. Phoenix went from a play in team to damn near 1rst in the west 🔥

I used to give HOU$TON HOU$TON a hard time about Harden, but watching Steph during this run, really puts in perspective how crazy James was going during his stretch. Bro was literally playing like a 2K myplayer 😂

QU!K QU!K yes the W’s will make the playoffs.

If MFs til this DAY think Steve Nash stole Kobe's MVP in 2005-2006 season when the Lakers won 56% of the games when Kobe played in THEN those same MFs should have no qualms when I or whoever says Steph Curry should be MVP this year (as of now, Warriors winning 56% of the games he plays in)

If MFs til this DAY think Steve Nash stole Kobe's MVP in 2005-2006 season when the Lakers won 56% of the games when Kobe played in THEN those same MFs should have no qualms when I or whoever says Steph Curry should be MVP this year (as of now, Warriors winning 56% of the games he plays in)

9th place is place. .500 is .500. Can't spin it into "well when he plays".

If that's the case Bron should be the MVP because "when he plays...."

Unbelievable. Earlier in the season when the Warriors were even worse and Steph would have a few good games in a row and the stans would pop up out of their holes and start shouting MVP. I would retort and say no way he should be a serious candidate at all based on how he was playing at the time and the team sucking. NOW y'all want to agree even though he is playing a lot better and they are doing better.
I'm not sure if you were referencing me but I went to the liberty of pulling my own receipts on this one but cliffs: On Feburary 10, about 1/4 of the way way into the season I had Steph as a viable MVP candidate based on the fact that KD was being considered as one. A LOT has changed since then. As the season progressed and the Warriors fell off, it became more clear that it was Embiid/Jokic/Jim then Jokic/Jim then Jokic.

I didn't even have Steph as MVP, just made note that he deserved consideration based on the conversation at the time.
1618947569459.png

1618947621357.png

1618947684882.png

Steph is really about to have two 50/40/90 scoring titles. Crazy man we really take him for granted.
He's a great player, but his adoring fans are a bit much. He definitely isn't the MVP this year. The only way he becomes MVP is if the warriors make the postseason and take out the number 1 seed. With him putting up the same numbers as he's doing during the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom