⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
2017 Finals:
KD 35/8/5 on 56/48/93
Wardell 27/8/9 on 44/39/90

2018 Finals:
KD 29/11/8 on 53/41/97
Wardell 28/6/7 on 41/42/100

What fantasy are y'all living in where this is close? There was zero argument for Wardell.
“Something something you still rely on arbitrary counting stats”
“Something something can’t forget his gravity”

A big part of KD's numbers was the defensive focus on Steph. We saw it in 2017, the cavs were giving KD wide open shots to double Steph. Hell I'll never forget the play where it was a Steph & KD fast break with one defender back and Steph went to the corner and he ran to Steph and let KD dunk it :lol:

#Gravity

*****s left KEVIN DURANT for wide open dunks....to chase Steph Curry off the 3 point line :lol:. Absurd

I didn't even want to get into it because I try to avoid Steph Curry arguments, but Steph had 3 more points on 2 more shots. Tatum had 3 more boards, 2 more steals, 3 fewer turnovers, was +12 to Steph's -7, and his team got the W.

CB646372-2462-4949-80E6-84DE70D58FEE.jpeg

And a bunch of people were scoffing when erupt said Tatum had a better game. :lol: And I know what the counter argument is. The Celtics at times threw a double team at him 30 feet from the hoop to get the ball out of his hands. Steph warps the floor in ways that aren't captured in the box score. Ok fine, that's a fair point. It still isn't some insane thing to say that Tatum had a better game that night.
Tatum was better. That Steve propaganda train is UNIQUE though. He's the bigger name. Just is what it is.

Steve was awful in Game 3 (11 pts on 3-16 shooting and a 0 net rating) and KD was incredible (43 on 15-23 shooting and a +15 net rating).

KD had a +25 net rating for the series and Steve was +2. Not the be all end all by any means, but does say something. Bron had a 0 net rating even though his team got swept :lol:
Bad game is an understatement. Try worst playoff game shooting ever. And that was the only real right game in the series.
I was too lazy to look up the box score, but that sounds about right. I don't know how some of ya'll can memorize this. I have a better memory about things from 15-20 years ago than three or four years ago. :lol:

KD “was who he was before he got there”. He ain’t get tricked :lol:. That’s a bad narrative.

You right. Thoughts on the convo tho? :nerd:. You a smart brother. You know it’s a lot more closer than the folks in here are making it out to be.

There is no THEY. KD was the only one that legitimately was getting the ground swell of support for BITW. Wardell had his chance in 16 and blew it.
This is facts.
After the 2016 Finals the only two people that have really been in the conversation (right or wrong) for best player (other than Bron) have been KD and Kawhi

KD was about to take the title universally as BITW before he got hurt in the Rockets series in and eventually tore his Achilles 2019. His playoff run was even better than Kawhi’s was up to that point.

You right. Thoughts on the convo tho? :nerd:. You a smart brother. You know it’s a lot more closer than the folks in here are making it out to be.
We talking about all-time or just during their run? I’ve got KD ahead all-time, I think the defense gives him the edge to me but I don’t think it’s THAT wide. Steph has been the system behind too many great offenses, and he’s such a better playmaker for others than KD. I think it’s natural for people to just say KD but Steph’s definitely narrowing the gap.

I think KD was the best Warrior during the run but Steph was the most important player. He’s literally the system. They likely don’t win without KD, but if you drop Steph and play with KD then they don’t win either. Definitely was a mutually beneficial situation.

Dudes can rationalize Steve Nash being more valuable than Amare...

But cannot wrap their minds around how Steph Curry sets Kevin Durant up. After going head to head w/ him and beating him :lol: 🤦🏾‍♂️

We talking about all-time or just during their run? I’ve got KD ahead all-time, I think the defense gives him the edge to me but I don’t think it’s THAT wide. Steph has been the system behind too many great offenses, and he’s such a better playmaker for others than KD. I think it’s natural for people to just say KD but Steph’s definitely narrowing the gap.

I think KD was the best Warrior during the run but Steph was the most important player. He’s literally the system. They likely don’t win without KD, but if you drop Steph and play with KD then they don’t win either. Definitely was a mutually beneficial situation.

I disagree with the “definitely don’t win without KD” because we’ve seen it. But other than that, I’m rocking with it.

Mickey mouse ring implies the Lakers have been discredited due to the bubble (which every other team went through) and Miami missing their stars for a portion of the finals.

Would that same logic apply to the Warriors in 2015 when Steph "did it by himself" even though he didn't win Finals MVP? West playoffs littered with ppl missing stars and we all know what happened in the finals.

Asking for a friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom