⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draymond Green
Steve Kerr
Bob Meyers
Joe Lacob

All made it clear at various points he wasn't wanted, needed or just not in general appreciated both during and after the run.

Nasteeee business
I legitimately don't recall but was there any chance KD was going to come back? Seems like he just wanted to be stamped as a champion and FMVP then was going to do his own thing regardless. I'm not trying to revise history either, I just can't remember what the sentiment and rumors were as this was all unfolding through his Golden State tenure.

I legitimately don't recall but was there any chance KD was going to come back? Seems like he just wanted to be stamped as a champion and FMVP then was going to do his own thing regardless. I'm not trying to revise history either, I just can't remember what the sentiment and rumors were as this was all unfolding through his Golden State tenure.

There was multiple stories out during the 2019 season, various quotes from the coach talking about how they had to accommodate KD need to want to iso, multiple videos of the brass disrespecting him at the parades with their jabs and ultimately Draymond incident which was when stuff went nuclear.

He had maybe already been leaning towards leaving, but GS's behavior and the injury just made it a whole lot easier. Would have been interesting to see had he never got hurt and ended up 3 peating with another FMVP what would have happened. The masses were ready to give the crown to somebody else as evidenced with Kawhi. So he would have likely finally gotten that recognition he so really wanted.

wavycrocket wavycrocket keeps saying KD was tricked, but also was the one telling us that all that smoke at the time was fake news.

There was multiple stories out during the 2019 season, various quotes from the coach talking about how they had to accommodate KD need to want to iso, multiple videos of the brass disrespecting him at the parades with their jabs and ultimately Draymond incident which was when stuff went nuclear.

He had maybe already been leaning towards leaving, but GS's behavior and the injury just made it a whole lot easier. Would have been interesting to see had he never got hurt and ended up 3 peating with another FMVP what would have happened. The masses were ready to give the crown to somebody else as evidenced with Kawhi. So he would have likely finally gotten that recognition he so really wanted.

wavycrocket wavycrocket keeps saying KD was tricked, but also was the one telling us that all that smoke at the time was fake news.
Adding to this, the reports on KD becoming more isolated from teammates and not hanging out as much. Basically saying the honeymoon phase was over with the team and it became more business.

I personally didn't think he was going to re-sign with the W's. He signed his deal and achieved his goals in winning rings. I also think the constant questions through out the season by beat writers asking him his future plans.

Yeah I definitely remember him getting punked at the parade and the Dray situation then after the dissension talks ramped up. I agree they definitely made it easy. I really would have loved to see the scenario you described play out - he never gets hurt, they 3-peat and he wins FMVP. Obviously I don't know KD but I'm not sure if he would have had the courage to leave after all that like Kawhi did. Who knows.

Kind of random but all this talk about Steph's age and it didn't dawn on me until now that KD will be 33 later this year too.

Bron byke? Only reason to do this, and include him in the pic

Klutch gotta be working with Disney. On Monday I started seeing ESPN ads for Lakers-Mavs Saturday primetime game and it was being billed as AD vs Luka. I think they've backed off but AD is still in the commercials so they must be banking on it. Either that or they ran out of Schroder, Kuz and KCP highlights :lol:

I definitely thought the media was making something out of nothing but as we now know the beef was very real. Grass-fed non GMO. Shame because that team was special and the way the run ended was unsatisfying with everyone important getting injured.

Yeah I definitely remember him getting punked at the parade and the Dray situation then after the dissension talks ramped up. I agree they definitely made it easy. I really would have loved to see the scenario you described play out - he never gets hurt, they 3-peat and he wins FMVP. Obviously I don't know KD but I'm not sure if he would have had the courage to leave after all that like Kawhi did. Who knows.

Kind of random but all this talk about Steph's age and it didn't dawn on me until now that KD will be 33 later this year too.

That was a pretty hard dig at KD. I get it was fun and they were celebrating but that was awkward lol.

I only memory I can recall of KD after winning was during the first parade where the Warriors' TV play-by-play introduced him as Kid Dynamite :rofl:with Draymond's reaction lmao

That was a pretty hard dig at KD. I get it was fun and they were celebrating but that was awkward lol.

Completely unprovoked too :lol:

Not surprised how it all went down afterwards with him not messing with them anymore when they had no problem disrespecting him publicly and privately to his face

First game back since his injury?

Yea, honestly if he's back to AD even the one from earlier this season which wasn't the guy we saw in the playoffs Show is going to be ridiculous. Him and Bron especially getting time off to gear up for another playoff run is looking like a blessing in disguise since the B/C team was able to hold the fort down.

Not surprised how it all went down afterwards with him not messing with them anymore when they had no problem disrespecting him publicly and privately

Bob Meyers went with the Hank Scorpio Hank Scorpio approach and basically called that man a baby ***** causing KD to leave. This is why you need to be respectful to your employees.

Not surprised how it all went down afterwards with him not messing with them anymore when they had no problem disrespecting him publicly and privately
Right? lol I get 'tough love' but damn man. That would've pissed me off still lol.

I only memory I can recall of KD after winning was during the first parade where the Warriors' TV play-by-play introduced him as Kid Dynamite :rofl:with Draymond's reaction lmao

i hear Bob and KD talk CRAZIER on the reg and at that moment he was pissed. His Bad, darn

Yea, honestly if he's back to AD even the one from earlier this season which wasn't the guy we saw in the playoffs Show is going to be ridiculous. Him and Bron especially getting time off to gear up for another playoff run is looking like a blessing in disguise since the B/C team was able to hold the fort down.
I just hope AD has had enough time to fully recover. Dude is a beast.

I still feel like Dray was funny style for that whole incident with KD.

You can't beg someone to come help you then down talk them afterwards once they helped you reach your goal. If anything that says Dray is just as weak as they say KD is.

KD wasn't wrong for distancing himself after that.

I still feel like Dray was funny style for that whole incident with KD.

You can't beg someone to come help you then down talk them afterwards once they helped you reach your goal. If anything that says Dray is just as weak as they say KD is.

KD wasn't wrong for distancing himself after that.
Yeah, I don't blame him. I'm sure they keep things cordial when they see eachother but I know deep down KD is done with Dray lolol.

That’s what happens when you take the easy way out. KD thought the torch was being passed to him, but Steph got all the love.
I don’t think they actually respected him. It was just a mutually beneficial relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom