⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is funny because we touched on some of this last week when the D-Wade news broke (curious about his stake, him just being a figurehead, Hov’s paltry stake but fooling everyone, etc). I guess I see the author’s point but what exactly is he advocating for? People to get to know more about owners of teams they don’t care about? Okay, then what...boycott their companies? Try to take down their businesses? Get Silver to force them to sell? Create some Ethics Board to screen owners?

And even if you want to say they are “using” the players, celebrities not only make money directly from their involvement but the article even touches on other auxiliary benefits as well. I’m not defending any of these scumbag owners, I just don’t know what the realistic expectation is if there was heightened awareness of how they obtained their billions.

Relevant:

Is this something that really required damage control?

So I was watching First Take and yes, it is apparently something that required damage control so Arison was smart to get ahead of it. Stephen A and Spike Lee were talking about how it’s a travesty that Shaq played for Orlando/LA/Miami (won chips with the last two) and Wade is Heat GOAT but they both had to go to other franchises in order to get an ownership stake. Apparently there is a belief that these legendary, franchise cornerstone players should have a right to own a piece of those teams if want to go that route.

Not my take, just sharing what I heard and providing an explanation to Micky’s tweet.

Hmm, not bad for a detrimental loser player

But WHO was he playing those clutch minutes against is the question? Was Bradley Beal hot those games?
I mean, who they are playing is somewhat relevant but clutch time is the considered the last 5 minutes of a game within 5 points. What is his record in the games where he accumulated these stats? It very well could be a winning record but I don’t know with the manner in which it has been presented.

I would be interested to see a deeper dive into these numbers because they sound nice but don’t tell me much how they’ve impacted winning and losing. The total number of clutch minutes and how many they’re beating teams by in the clutch would be useful as well in an honest assessment as well

Last edited:
Knicks about to win a playoff series and get a lottery pick.

What a time to be alive
Have to burn 33 Porzingis minutes against a team whose only big is Mason Plumlee so now he’s probably out tomorrow.

And Maxi got hurt, too.

AD about to blitz Powell and WCS for 25 in 15 minutes in a warm up game. :lol: :lol:

This is funny because we touched on some of this last week when the D-Wade news broke (curious about his stake, him just being a figurehead, Hov’s paltry stake but fooling everyone, etc). I guess I see the author’s point but what exactly is he advocating for? People to get to know more about owners of teams they don’t care about? Okay, then what...boycott their companies? Try to take down their businesses? Get Silver to force them to sell? Create some Ethics Board to screen owners?

And even if you want to say they are “using” the players, celebrities not only make money directly from their involvement but the article even touches on other auxiliary benefits as well. I’m not defending any of these scumbag owners, I just don’t know what the realistic expectation is if there was heightened awareness of how they obtained their billions.

Relevant:

So I was watching First Take and yes, it is apparently something that required damage control so Arison was smart to get ahead of it. Stephen A and Spike Lee were talking about how it’s a travesty that Shaq played for Orlando/LA/Miami (won chips with the last two) and Wade is Heat GOAT but they both had to go to other franchises in order to get an ownership stake. Apparently there is a belief that these legendary, franchise cornerstone players should have a right to own a piece of those teams if want to go that route.

Not my take, just sharing what I heard and providing an explanation to Micky’s tweet.
But this goes back to my earlier point about how these owners don't really care about these sports teams. Unless its an easy move to bolster profitability (and the teams you named don't really need it) why would they bother going through this and giving up a piece of their pie?

The Jazz need an image overhaul bad so it makes sense.

Knicks about to win a playoff series and get a lottery pick.

What a time to be alive

Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 8.10.00 PM.png

🤡

But this goes back to my earlier point about how these owners don't really care about these sports teams. Unless its an easy move to bolster profitability (and the teams you named don't really need it) why would they bother going through this and giving up a piece of their pie?

The Jazz need an image overhaul bad so it makes sense.
I’m in wholehearted agreement with you and to your point that you made in a post that same idiot concerning Elon and Jay perpetually fooling folks - people are idiots. There are probably plenty of people out there who think like SAS and Spike in this scenario and believe those teams did Shaq and D. Wade wrong. Micky was just getting ahead of the narrative.

I only quoted you and pointed that out because I remembered your post and it finally clicked to me why he tweeted that (conveniently SAS/Spike didn’t mention the tweet during the segment).

That’s really the biggest thing to me with his development - the added control.

He was an offensive foul or turnover waiting to happen before. But he’s slowed things down and seems to have a much better sense of how to get where he wants without bowling people over.

His 3 ball is as big as him getting control now. 40% on 5 attempts is fantastic for him. Opens up the floor even more.

I know he’s had injury issues, but Justise Winslow’s lack of progress is disappointing. I thought he’d be solid starter for years after his rookie year.

Steph was terrible tonight, need a much better showing to drag this team into the playoffs :smh:
I think the back half of your post was satire but the first half is 100% true. He was awful. He was a three-point heaving version of typical Washedbrook tonight on the offensive end with all of the misses and sloppy turnovers. The gravity was definitely there but he had so many errant turnovers. His heaves at the end when he was ice cold missed badly too. He was bound to come back down to earth eventually but he didn’t look him himself at all out there.

Regardless, props to Rustle and Beal for their play down the stretch. They looked to be out of it and went on a 25-10 run to closeout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom