⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
BIG MOOD:

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Couldn't have scripted the game any better.
About to po up a drank, that was beautiful.

Russ shot 29% from the field...and Wardell was even WORSE 😭😭😭😭.

"I gotta be the MVP"

BE HUMBLE

steph smh.gif

Need another real offensive playmaker in the offseason, for sure.

They're probably 2 players short of being really good - and one of those two needs to be better than Porzingis, I think... Too many guys over-stretched in their roles right now... Kleber and Richardson, in particular.

But there's enough talent to be playing better than they are right now.

They'd have to figure out the defensive fit around him and Luka, but Demar Derozan makes a lot of sense for what they need offensively.

One thing's for sure, though - Jalen Brunson has blossomed into a damned good player.
I’m not sure about the Derozan idea... but that does sound like something this Mavs management group would explore. As far as Porzingis, he was so much better than this on the Knicks. It’s not just the injuries, it seems like they have no idea how to use him and he looks defeated.

Westbrook almost snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. :lol:
Unbelievable to me a vet with this level of experience stays freaking out like a headless chicken at the end of games

As far as Porzingis, he was so much better than this on the Knicks. It’s not just the injuries, it seems like they have no idea how to use him and he looks defeated.

What's weird is that on paper this is the best season of his career offensively.

I don't know what's going on defensively. Corey Joseph has scored over him at the rim multiple times now

I’m not sure about the Derozan idea... but that does sound like something this Mavs management group would explore. As far as Porzingis, he was so much better than this on the Knicks. It’s not just the injuries, it seems like they have no idea how to use him and he looks defeated.

Ive never thought he was a great Luka fit.

They just need to hope he plays well enough down there stretch that they can explore a halfway reasonable trade market in the offseason.

He’s played pretty well for the last couple of months on both ends, with a dud or two mixed in along the way.

But you’re not wrong - they haven’t unlocked much with him offensively.

What's weird is that on paper this is the best season of his career offensively.

I don't know what's going on defensively. Corey Joseph has scored over him at the rim multiple times now
He’s looked passive at the rim for the last week or so after putting together a couple of months where he was anchoring a defense that had defensive ratings hovering from 105-107 with him on the floor.

The ebbs and flows are bizarre.

Yeah I guess he never really put together a complete season in NY either but he looked more multi dimensional. If he was ever going to find the consistency and take the leap the injuries may have made that impossible.

I do think he will find the defense again though.

Yeah I guess he never really put together a complete season in NY either but he looked more multi dimensional. If he was ever going to find the consistency and take the leap the injuries may have made that impossible.

I do think he will find the defense again though.
He’s been great for good stretches defensively this year - it just ebbs and flows and the consistency has been an issue.

They just sorely need someone else with some gravity that can create offensively and I don’t think that’s the piece he’s probably ever going to unlock, especially not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom