⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spence was only getting 6 shots a night in that role, I was actually thinking they would’ve eventually moved him to the bench with Levert, or subbed him out for Shamet/TLC earlier in the game to get him back in the game later with Levert lineups to let them destroy 2nd units.

So I’d keep Levert where he is. Nash hasn’t staggered KD & Kyrie at all tho :lol: thats rotation adjustment #1 that we’ll probably see tonight

We're going to see a lot of head-scratching rotations across the league for the first 10 games or so. Limited preseason and practice time hasn't really allowed teams to incorporate new players and structure personnel specific sets.

I think Stotts ran a Simons - Trent - Hood - Melo - Kanter for a stretch of minutes where Harden wasn't on the floor and the first sub was Derrick Jones for Rodney Hood. There should legit never be a minute that CJ, Dame, or Nurk isn't on court, but alas :lol:

Grant wanted to play for a team that gave him a bigger role which is why he didn’t stay with Denver

I think Denver gave him the same if not more money than Detroit too

Denver did give him the same amount. With Minny, he would have been their third best player. That management team makes no sense.

Denver did give him the same amount. With Minny, he would have been their third best player. That management team makes no sense.
Ehh, Minnesota had just picked Edwards. So that's a 3rd guy who needs the ball besides DLo & KAT. Wouldn't be any different from the situation in Denver.

Ehh, Minnesota had just picked Edwards. So that's a 3rd guy who needs the ball besides DLo & KAT. Wouldn't be any different from the situation in Denver.

EXACTLY the reason they should have paid Grant rather than Beasley. You just had a #1 pick who is known to be a bucket then you sign a guy in the same position who is known to score while still having a huge hole at PF and defence.

Plus Grant would have had a bigger role in Minny than in Denver, he's Jerami Grant for crying out loud, how much of a bigger role would you expect? :lol:

EXACTLY the reason they should have paid Grant rather than Beasley. You just had a #1 pick who is known to be a bucket then you sign a guy in the same position who is known to score while still having a huge hole at PF and defence.

Plus Grant would have had a bigger role in Minny than in Denver, he's Jerami Grant for crying out loud, how much of a bigger role would you expect? :lol:
There's a difference between a team wanting a player and that player actually wanting to go there. He was an unrestricted FA. Grant went to the place where he could get the most touches.

Is there something out there about Grant wanting to go to Minnesota and them not wanting him?

Troy Weaver is also Grant's guy from Syracuse/OKC, so there was really no shot of getting him unless it was a massive overpay.

Unless there was mutual interest by both parties, then Minny should have paid grant as opposed to Beasley. Otherwise, they blundered. In the case that Grant had no interest for minny and preferred Detroit, then it worked out for him and Detroit who doesn't seem to be able to get any talent neither by drafting or in Free Agency.

I think Stotts ran a Simons - Trent - Hood - Melo - Kanter for a stretch of minutes where Harden wasn't on the floor and the first sub was Derrick Jones for Rodney Hood. There should legit never be a minute that CJ, Dame, or Nurk isn't on court, but alas :lol:

That Melo/Kanter lineup was wild :lol:. Immediately Houston started scoring and blowing the game open. Then they adjusted.

Ive also seen teams running full bench swaps. It’s crazy

That Melo/Kanter lineup was wild :lol:. Immediately Houston started scoring and blowing the game open. Then they adjusted.

Ive also seen teams running full bench swaps. It’s crazy
Terry Stotts wouldn't have a job if he was black. The amount of foolishness I've seen him done over the years and somehow his job never seems to be in jeopardy. He's an okay coach, but he needs to get it together.

Michael “not a playmaker” MJ

98313CCD-9E6A-47C1-915C-EDCFC5829C1A.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom