⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Neph was named after Jalen
pachah1.png

Anyone’s list is gonna have people they grew up watching who they think changed the game.

AI, Kobe, Tmac and now Steph for me. Easily.

Dr J 71 years old. Hell people expect?

His list got guys he grew up watching, just like everybody else list is based on.
He’s also had a front row seat watching Shaq, Kobe, TD and Lebron.

He knew what he was doing. And the media gotta stop giving irrational old heads a platform unless they plan on putting them in a debate forum that allows for rational discourse with younger folks.

He’s also had a front row seat watching Shaq, Kobe, TD and Lebron.

He knew what he was doing. And the media gotta stop giving irrational old heads a platform unless they plan on putting them in a debate forum that allows for rational discourse with younger folks.

He has no attachment to them.

I seriously doubt Dr J, while he sitting back bumping Bobby Womack is thinking about going viral. His list exactly what a OG from his era would say.

Not everyone believes this is the greatest era of ball played, there are always generational gaps with everything from movies, music, art; why is sports any different and why does it get y'all in the feels everytime?

IMO it's one thing to say "These are the players that influenced me the most" or "These are my favorite players" but to present that list as and object "The two best teams ever" is dishonest. I get we have bias but in creating a list of the best ever, that should be put aside.

It's hard to say there is a right and wrong when it comes to Top ## lists that aren't based purely on numbers. At the end of the day, he can feel whatever way he wants but EYE suggest that he take a closer look at players drafted after 1984 if he genuinely believes his list.

Dudes are telling one of the most elite basketball players of all time he's wrong for valuing guys he watched or played against more than newer generations :lol:

He is entitled to value guys he watched or played against more than newer generations but that doesn't mean his valuation is correct
>D

IMO it's one thing to say "These are the players that influenced me the most" or "These are my favorite players" but to present that list as and object "The two best teams ever" is dishonest. I get we have bias but in creating a list of the best ever, that should be put aside.

It's hard to say there is a right and wrong when it comes to Top ## lists that aren't based purely on numbers. At the end of the day, he can feel whatever way he wants but EYE suggest that he take a closer look at players drafted after 1984 if he genuinely believes his list.

He is entitled to value guys he watched or played against more than newer generations but that doesn't mean his valuation is correct
>D

Who decides what valuation is correct though? His list got dudes with multiple rings and MVP's. :lol:

I don't agree with it but again that's his era. Just like if players today are asked that same question the oldest player they might have on their list is Mike. They gonna lean towards their era.

I didn’t know this was actually still going viral :lol: :smh:

Kobe, Shaq or Tim Duncan aren’t on DR Js list....and nobody gives a ****. But bron....all hell breaks lose lol

Like, I’m not tripping when I see Karl Malone on there over Timmy. I get it.

I didn’t know this was actually still going viral :lol: :smh:

Kobe, Shaq or Tim Duncan aren’t on DR Js list....and nobody gives a ****. But bron....all hell breaks lose lol

Like, I’m not tripping when I see Karl Malone on there over Timmy. I get it.

I was thinking that too and love Bron but I'm like why is everybody focused on him. :lol:

Who decides what valuation is correct though? His list got dudes with multiple rings and MVP's. :lol:

I don't agree with it but again that's his era. Just like if players today are asked that same question the oldest player they might have on their list is Mike. They gonna lean towards their era.
Nah, you're right. There is no right or wrong in Top 10 discussions. It's all opinion-based and there's a number of factors influencing everybody's list. I don't agree with it but whatever 🤷‍♂️

Nah, you're right. There is no right or wrong in Top 10 discussions. It's all opinion-based and there's a number of factors influencing everybody's list. I don't agree with it but whatever 🤷‍♂️

I think the problem is we don't really discuss basketball with people outside of our age group. I mean in this thread there's extremes about this era vs 90's-00's. So it's definitely gonna be a disconnect with dudes like Oscar Robinson or Dr J. I bought a NBA encyclopedia when I was in middle school and I'm looking up all those dudes from 80's, 70, 60's seeing those crazy stats and I had a old black teacher that was real cool and I would ask him about dudes from that era and he talked about them same way I was talking about Kobe, AI, KG etc. So I get how some of the old heads look at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom