⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chemistry and health are big question marks to be fair.

The big 3 barely played together.
Their mid season pick ups are a decent part of the rotation blake and Mike James.

Clax has been hurt as well.

I wonder how many people realize that the bucks actually have the highest scoring offense this season to go along with a top 7 defense. Probably the most complete team they've had the past 3 years but they were left for dead in January. Everyone seems to have blindly accepted the hype that BK is the most unstoppable offense of all time. But I digest

🤣🤣🤣

They've been 1st in scoring each of the last 2 seasons. They were 1st in def rating each of the last 2 seasons as well. Jrue is an upgrade over Bledsoe for sure, but ultimately their success will still hinge on the wide shoulders of Giannis.

I wonder how many people realize that the bucks actually have the highest scoring offense this season to go along with a top 7 defense. Probably the most complete team they've had the past 3 years but they were left for dead in January. Everyone seems to have blindly accepted the hype that BK is the most unstoppable offense of all time. But I digest

Why have Laker fans moved on from the Clippers to the Nets?

🤣🤣🤣

They've been 1st in scoring each of the last 2 seasons. They were 1st in def rating each of the last 2 seasons as well. Jrue is an upgrade over Bledsoe for sure, but ultimately their success will still hinge on the wide shoulders of Giannis.
Double up

• Haha
Reactions: MVP

Their mid season pick ups are a decent part of the rotation blake and Mike James.

Amidst all the conversation about firing/keeping head coaches it's worth noting that the Brooklyn Nets also have a first time NBA coach. I know Kerr did it in GSW but I would say his situation was more ideal in some ways. Regardless, that seems to get glossed over as well.

Chicago and Boston weren’t good? We not doing this

Didn’t say they weren’t good. Said they were not AS good as either the current Bucks or Sixers are.

Bulls were good defensively, but very offensively challenged outside of D Rose.

And the Celtics core guys were all past their primes, except Rondo.

Anyway, however you want to slice it, there’s a lot of difference between this season’s Nets team and the year 1 Heatles.

I think Bud should keep his job.

Bud's predictable, analytics heavy offence and gimmicky defence was in full display the last two years. It proved to be effective in the regular season but not the playoffs. I don't think he should get fired this yeah if they lose, I think it would heavily depend on how they lose. If it's the same script, he's out.

I do think it's a bit worrisome that Harden might not play again until the playoffs. Also doesn't help that they may not have a team to walkover in the first round either while he gets his bearings. While I think they'd still win, having to potentially play Miami or Boston wouldn't be completely ideal.

Have a hard time betting against them though with a fully healthy team and Harden playing orchestrator, and not necessarily needing to score a ton of points. Allows "Kai" to play his natural role of SG.

if the nets dont win it all the season is a failure

I don't think anyone should be shocked if they don't or don't make it to the Finals at all tbh. They have three off the greatest offensive talents of all-time but they also have almost every other narrative going against them
  1. Two out of their top 3 players are injury prone (with one missing significant time this year) and the third will be returning with what is usually a a nagging injury near the start of the playoffs
  2. Bottom quartile defense
  3. Rookie head coach
  4. Top 3 players have only played 7 games together all season
  5. Integrating mid-to-late season pickups that will be in their playoff rotation
Historically teams have been doubted for facing just one of those factors and the Nets are simultaneously battling them all. We've never seen offensive talents like this together on the same team so I understand why there are lofty expectations but throwing out the value of continuity, coaching and defense out the window seems a bit ill-advised.

When is Jim Harden coming back? I feel like we’ll have a fully healthy Nets roster as soon as game 1 of playoffs start.

Net will be in the finals and we all know that. Too much talent. Although Harden injury is a nagging & frustrating one

I still think Lebron will be fine, they’ll be play in team but whatever, main concern is AD, feel like that’s gonna be a nagging injury

Next szn we getting full 82, or they gonna give players full offseason so we can avoid all these injuries we had this year?

Net will be in the finals and we all know that. Too much talent. Although Harden injury is a nagging & frustrating one

I still think Lebron will be fine, they’ll be play in team but whatever, main concern is AD, feel like that’s gonna be a nagging injury

Next szn we getting full 82, or they gonna give players full offseason so we can avoid all these injuries we had this year?
Nope, this season ends in July and the 2021-22 tip off is still scheduled for October.

So things won't go back to "normal" until 2022-23.

agreed.

oddly enough, the big bucks in Vegas still have Nets going all the way.

IMG_5398.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom