⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Props to Lonzo for getting past his mid-season slump. Late season contract push. He’s doing it.

"The Knicks had the salary cap space and roster spot to get ahead of summer free agency and secure Vildoza now. Vildoza, 25, would've been one of the top available free agent point guards in the 2021 summer marketplace.

Three non-guaranteed years on the contract give the Knicks the chance to evaluate Vildoza in the Olympics, summer league and training camp before committing to a full guarantee on next season."

"The Knicks had the salary cap space and roster spot to get ahead of summer free agency and secure Vildoza now. Vildoza, 25, would've been one of the top available free agent point guards in the 2021 summer marketplace.

Three non-guaranteed years on the contract give the Knicks the chance to evaluate Vildoza in the Olympics, summer league and training camp before committing to a full guarantee on next season."

Luca Magic :pimp:

I don't think anyone should be shocked if they don't or don't make it to the Finals at all tbh. They have three off the greatest offensive talents of all-time but they also have almost every other narrative going against them
  1. Two out of their top 3 players are injury prone (with one missing significant time this year) and the third will be returning with what is usually a a nagging injury near the start of the playoffs
  2. Bottom quartile defense
  3. Rookie head coach
  4. Top 3 players have only played 7 games together all season
  5. Integrating mid-to-late season pickups that will be in their playoff rotation
Historically teams have been doubted for facing just one of those factors and the Nets are simultaneously battling them all. We've never seen offensive talents like this together on the same team so I understand why there are lofty expectations but throwing out the value of continuity, coaching and defense out the window seems a bit ill-advised.

Not to mention the Aldridge setback |l

Knicks fan bros - how we looking for tonight? Everyone playing? Big game.

My Clippers My #KnicksTape:nthat:

Knicks fan bros - how we looking for tonight? Everyone playing? Big game.

My Clippers My #KnicksTape:nthat:

3 out of 4 knicks bigs are injured so it's taj gibson and obi toppin (don't laugh he's decent on defense and on the boards). i know a handful of nuggets are injured too, no one's expecting a win tbh. if the knicks win tonight it'll be a perk. they'll put up a good fight tho

#knickstape been dead for years. it's #knickset from here on out

Ant putting up some serious numbers on decent enough shooting since the ASG. Think it's gonna be tough for Lamelo to top that. Especially with the games missed.

Melo been shooting good all year by rookie standards. Only thing against him is the time he missed.

Melo been shooting good all year by rookie standards. Only thing against him is the time he missed.
For sure. Definitely didn't think he'd shoot that well.

Edwards closing the season really strong though and hasn't missed time. 23/5/3 on 43% shooting in 29 games since ASB.

We'll see.

3 out of 4 knicks bigs are injured so it's taj gibson and obi toppin (don't laugh he's decent on defense and on the boards). i know a handful of nuggets are injured too, no one's expecting a win tbh. if the knicks win tonight it'll be a perk. they'll put up a good fight tho

#knickstape been dead for years. it's #knickset from here on out

No time like the present for the Obi coming out party. (But I won’t get my expectations up).

Still, Let’s go #Knickset!

7th place bout to have the thread going crazy again :lol: Props to the Jae'Sean Tate love at 3, though.

Stewart
149zi90.gif

RotY is a nonsense PPG fest. Ant has a higher PPG and has missed no time. Award is his.

Spent some time in the G League. Improved so he had to sit so he wouldn't accidentally contribute to a win or develop too much confidence. I was trolling I guess. I don't know about most of those dudes on that list. I think I've seen Stewart get dunked on quite a few times though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom