⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
RotY is a nonsense PPG fest. Ant has a higher PPG and has missed no time. Award is his.

He would have had a higher PPG even if Lamelo didn't get hurt though.

It's a media award. Don't think his narrative is stronger than Lamelo's...nor his is overall basketball profile stronger. I don't think "20 more games" is a plus for this award.

This isn't when Embiid missed 50 games in 2017 so they gave it to Brogdon. Lamelo will have played 50+ games out of a 72 game season.

you can't be running for rookie of the year on a terrible team.
those are the rules

Not necessarily. It should go to the best rookie. Lamelo has been statistically the best rookie. The team success only adds to his profile.

I don't believe in putting up an ok line but being on a good team raising your profile. I used to think it was absurd when people seriously acted like KD stole Al Horford's ROY :smh:

For sure. Definitely didn't think he'd shoot that well.

Edwards closing the season really strong though and hasn't missed time. 23/5/3 on 43% shooting in 29 games since ASB.

We'll see.

I was telling people both of 'em gon be superstars eventually, I was a little high on Ant because he had a NBA body but Melo is way ahead of schedule.

Yea the fact that Melo will have played the vast majority of games this season makes me think he won't be punished for missing some like Embiid a while back

He would have had a higher PPG even if Lamelo didn't get hurt though.

It's a media award. Don't think his narrative is stronger than Lamelo's...nor his is overall basketball profile stronger. I don't think "20 more games" is a plus for this award.

This isn't when Embiid missed 50 games in 2017 so they gave it to Brogdon. Lamelo will have played 50+ games out of a 72 game season.
I honestly can't remember the last time where the Rookie with the highest PPG didn't win unless it was injury-related. This and 6MoTY revolve solely around PPG it feels like, 6MotY more so.

Edwards got off to a really rough start in the first month or two. Not even faulting him for that because he's a 19 year old rookie in a season with no summer league. But I'd give it to LaMelo.

These guys are nothing, Simmons played in his 2nd year and still got ROTY.
Imagine comparing a RotY's rookie stats to his fourth year stats on a max extension and not being able to tell which is which
1620242577506.png

1620242584065.png

1620242633703.png

Sh** go both ways fr :lol:
Let this thread tell it... Lakers/Bron fans are “obsessed” with the Nets

I'm never gonna forget how peaceful this thread was after the Lakers won chip.

Bunch of "We don't know why Laker fans are doing all this, we just good guys discussing hoop."

After the pain really sunk in weeks later it was "That ring don't nothing because of the bubble!!."

Ok. :lol:

It's really close between Melo and Ant. If Melo continues to play well and they have a good playoff spot (out of the play in) I'd give the slight edge to him. But it's close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom