⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me kind of sad that K Love and Blake are now just two guys on bad teams who can’t stay healthy:frown: Wasn’t THAT long ago that they were competing for best PF in the game.
Its unlikely right now but I'm hoping they get another shot on a good team before the retire. Both would be real nice complimentary pieces on a contender.

Would hate to see both, especially BG, rot away on non-factor squads

Its unlikely right now but I'm hoping they get another shot on a good team before the retire. Both would be real nice complimentary pieces on a contender.

Would hate to see both, especially BG, rot away on non-factor squads

Yeah. The problem is that, while I think each guy has something left, neither is worth what they’re getting paid. Makes trading for them difficult. They might be stuck where they are until the final years of their deals and then get bought out.

:smh: One day you will understand how Step-Throughs work.

Like I said before, I think you have a mental/emotional block there thst doesn't allow you to understand it.

So I left it alone.
I stand by the notion that the pivot isn't being lifted to pass/shoot..... It's being lifted to *take a step* THEN pass/shoot. The rule wasn't written clear enough bc it was the 1800s and they probably thought badminton was gonna be the most popular sport and didn't put much effort in the clarity.
I fully understand how people like you think it's ok... but it's still obviously a travel.

This a random tidbit :lol:
That dude sucks. Is he in Brooklyn now IIRC? I was out in front of the club getting some food from Ice Events Center's food truck and saw him and his boy come walking up. I think its some sort of Burlesque Night Club/Bar, I don't know, but the women I see in that aarea be super scantily clad and looking right to get in there. Worth driving by just to see them

sooperhooper sooperhooper post a clip. I've seen step throughs that were travels nd some that weren't. FWIW, women especially tend to travel when they do it.

That Nike/Kobe story of interesting and sad. I feel like they gave up on him after the court case and gave him the same plain/boring shoe 8 years in a row. Only decent pair were the 9s and 10s.

That dude sucks. Is he in Brooklyn now IIRC? I was out in front of the club getting some food from Ice Events Center's food truck and saw him and his boy come walking up. I think its some sort of Burlesque Night Club/Bar, I don't know, but the women I see in that aarea be super scantily clad and looking right to get in there. Worth driving by just to see them

sooperhooper sooperhooper post a clip. I've seen step throughs that were travels nd some that weren't. FWIW, women especially tend to travel when they do it.

I agree with the dude that said you have to jump off two feet. Either that or you have to jump off the pivot. Taking a step with the mobile-foot then jumping off of it = travel. Because it's basically switching pivots. Everything Melo was doing in the clip was a travel imo.
It's written vaguely in the rule book and people created a term to exploit it.

that's how i feel about it, regardless of the verbage in the rulebooks. It's funny because he does it "correctly" every time in this video. I don't know why he's travelling in practice

I stand by the notion that the pivot isn't being lifted to pass/shoot..... It's being lifted to *take a step* THEN pass/shoot. The rule wasn't written clear enough bc it was the 1800s and they probably thought badminton was gonna be the most popular sport and didn't put much effort in the clarity.
I fully understand how people like you think it's ok... but it's still obviously a travel.

Sure.

He believes the CONCEPT of a Steph-Through is a travel.

Yes, there are instances when it is done incorrectly which makes it a travel but he refuses to understand what is actually happening in the move.

If a steph-through is a travel, a regular layup is a travel.

Again, something he has been given proof of.

Paid NBA Officials explaining how/why the step-through isn't a travel.

This, "You must jump off two-feet" idea isn't in the rule book.

Again,
Yes, there are instances when it is done incorrectly which makes it a travel but when done properly, the move isn't a travel.

MJ, Penny, Kobe,Kyrie>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lebrons line. He might have the worst sig line not named Steph honestly

If you think a Step-Through is a travel, you have to think this is a travel.

Again, I think stepping in DIFFERENT directions confuses some of you.

You are allowed 2 steps. The rules never stated in which direction.

So

Post Fades
Euros
Up and Unders
StepBacks
Side Steps

Are all allowed.

You can't think some are legal but think others aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom