⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think it has to do with the NBA being the most player-focused league as well as all the player movement?

It feels like no really cares or talks about awards/Pro Bowls/All-Pro teams in football :lol:

No, They do. Not in the same way as with the NBA, but they talk about NFL MVP and all-pro selections. Nobody gives a **** about the Pro-Bowl though.:lol:

I definitely don't think it's good for the league at all, and with the NBA it seems like the narrative/drama stuff gets stirred up more than any other league and there is little focus on the actual game

A lot of nba fans don’t even know what they are watching, and it’s sad. The Kobe detail thing, was in the right direction...but unfortunately....it wasn’t as popular as it should be, and his untimely death happened :smh:.

In order to retain the model of the most popular player in the league/sports with influence...Winning became devalued. Stats became overvalued. Free agency and teaming up became the focus. Not winning by year 7, seen as a failure. Access journalism and Twitter became the go to. “Sources” and straight up highlight videos/aesthetics have taken over. So a model started by Skip/Steven A....devolved into something even more worse. And now Nick Wright and Jason Whitlock are getting hair pieces and 7 figure salaries for pushing “narratives” and not calling the game. Who woulda thought COLD PIZZA, would turn to this :lol:.

Majority of fans now.....are slowly beginning to understand the idea of something like gravity. Even “PER” wasn’t understood until 2019, and misused. The idea of “analytics” is a pejorative.

And it still is only surface level. Guys like Tim Legler, who know the game and explain it well are not promoted.

Don’t even get me started on the lack of black voices in the podcasting/writing landscape....that aren’t promoted because they don’t look/use the Language of the folks from the Bill Simmons tree. That’s a whole nother topic too.

What’s promoted is terrible takes, star conversations, free agency rumors, Twitter nonsense, more access journalism and ultimately just bad outdated takes.

Oh, and canning forget the previous generation of bitter, back in my day guys who set the table for this unwittingly.

Just my two cents.

Lazy, both-side ism :smh:

How so? Regardless of your opinions about their views, they're doing the exact same thing. They're just doing it on different sides of the political spectrum. They're talking heads that are giving opinions. They're not journalists, nor do they claim to be. How is this "both-sidr ism?"

Just because you might agree with one versus the other doesn't mean they aren't doing the same thing bro

How so? Regardless of your opinions about their views, they're doing the exact same thing. They're just doing it on different sides of the political spectrum. They're talking heads that are giving opinions. They're not journalists, nor do they claim to be. How is this "both-sidr ism?"

Just because you might agree with one versus the other doesn't mean they aren't doing the same thing bro

I 100% know, you’ll go to the viral post/court ruling where it states Maddow/Carlson can’t be sued or something, because they are “entertainment”.

The substance of what they do is 1000% different. Intention too. Tucker is intentionally misleading, and spewing disinformation and hate to a huge subset of America...knowing full and well he can fall back on the “it’s just entertainment...not news shtick”. They don’t even use real sources. I want you to also take a look into how His show and other on fox survive and remain popular because they rigged the game for subscriptions. So boycott etc will never work. You’re paying for Tucker Carlson, whether you know it or not.

I 100% know, you’ll go to the viral post/court ruling where it states Maddow/Carlson can’t be sued or something, because they are “entertainment”.

The substance of what they do is 1000% different. Intention too. Tucker is intentionally misleading, and spewing disinformation and hate to a huge subset of America...knowing full and well he can fall back on the “it’s just entertainment...not news shtick”. They don’t even use real sources. I want you to also take a look into how His show and other on fox survive and remain popular because they rigged the game for subscriptions. So boycott etc will never work. You’re paying for Tucker Carlson, whether you know it or not.

Tucker Carlson and all the talking heads on Fox, Newsmax and OAN are all vile, racists who twist the truth. What I'm getting at is that Rachel maddow and the liberal cohort also twists the truth, selectively omits information and creates narratives as opposed to reporting the news. They're just giving you their opinions for entertainment. No one should look to them as big J journalists or experts in their field.

Do you think that the liberals on MSNBC are giving it to you straight? 😂

Do you think that the liberals on MSNBC are giving it to you straight? 😂

I said NOTHING like that. Half of MSNBC are former republicans, centrist and the rest who had a hand in messing this country up to where it is today, fake reforming. I can’t watch that ****.

But Comparing Tucker and Maddow though, IS some lazy Both-siderism. Very lazy.

E00uJ4yVUAI6qiR

A lot of nba fans don’t even know what they are watching, and it’s sad. The Kobe detail thing, was in the right direction...but unfortunately....it wasn’t as popular as it should be, and his untimely death happened :smh:.

In order to retain the model of the most popular player in the league/sports with influence...Winning became devalued. Stats became overvalued. Free agency and teaming up became the focus. Not winning by year 7, seen as a failure. Access journalism and Twitter became the go to. “Sources” and straight up highlight videos/aesthetics have taken over. So a model started by Skip/Steven A....devolved into something even more worse. And now Nick Wright and Jason Whitlock are getting hair pieces and 7 figure salaries for pushing “narratives” and not calling the game. Who woulda thought COLD PIZZA, would turn to this :lol:.

Majority of fans now.....are slowly beginning to understand the idea of something like gravity. Even “PER” wasn’t understood until 2019, and misused. The idea of “analytics” is a pejorative.

And it still is only surface level. Guys like Tim Legler, who know the game and explain it well are not promoted.

Don’t even get me started on the lack of black voices in the podcasting/writing landscape....that aren’t promoted because they don’t look/use the Language of the folks from the Bill Simmons tree. That’s a whole nother topic too.

What’s promoted is terrible takes, star conversations, free agency rumors, Twitter nonsense, more access journalism and ultimately just bad outdated takes.

Oh, and canning forget the previous generation of bitter, back in my day guys who set the table for this unwittingly.

Just my two cents.

A lot of NBA fans don't understand the game and a big cause of that is that the most popular NBA "analysts" don't actually analyze the game. They're primarily entertainers throwing out cliche statements and catchphrases and it's been this way since before social media.

Just my two cents.

This clip of Mark Cuban sonning Skip Bayless to his face will always be hilarious to me because he exposes skips lack of knowledge to his face.

"What type of defense were we playing?"

"What adjustments did we make?"

All skip can do is appeal to emotion and say things like "They wanted it more"😂. They don't even have a basic understanding of the game, that's why these guys can't be taken seriously.

Like Denzel said in Training Day "90% of this is BS, bit it entertains me"

i actually like perk on espn dude is lulz

I don't watch him on ESPN but he's on the local Boston broadcast in the studio.He was the 3rd man in the booth a few times along with Mike and Tommy before Tommy passed and he had me cracking up.

Last edited:
I don't watch him on ESPN but he's on the local Boston broadcast in the studio.He was the 3rd man in the booth a few times along with Mike and Tommy before Tommy passed and he had me cracking up.

I heard him on one of the Cs games. He sounded drunk, but he was funny. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom