⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember it well. I think it may even have prompted a rule change because what the Clippers did was so blatant. :lol:

I know they did something with the seeding after that season to where division winners weren’t automatically given the top 3 seeds as well. That Clippers nuggets series was interesting though. The Clippers were the 6 seed but had home court advantage.

RJ needs to work on midrange and a floater. A floater would alleviate the way he sort of sets up his steps for a layup. Because yea, the way he sets up his gather steps makes him food.

But that video that his shooting coach posted and talked about what they’ll work on this
I think they’d have a pretty solid chance to beat anybody that’s not the LA teams in the West. Strong record since all-star break and have a guy that could be the best player on the floor any night. 3pt shooting is a huge swing factor for them though.
Their run since All Star is great, and they can win games against anyone if Plan A is working, but to me they are still pretty one dimensional compared to the west teams above them. That’s how I feel watching them anyways.

I know ya'll get relied up about any Luka criticism but maybe if he came in the season in shape and lived up to his preseason MVP talk from the jump they woulda had a higher seed. He cooked the Clippers last year, I don't think it's that bad of a matchup. Ain't no easy teams in the west anyway.
It would definitely be nice if he came into the season in better shape, but he really only had like 5 below par games and then played at an MVP level the rest of the season. He's 28/8/9 on 48% shooting :lol:

The team just isn't all that great. His best teammate is Tom Hardaway. Porzingis only played like half the season and is a complete wildcard. Actually made them worse defensively.

Maybe I underrate the Mavs but I don’t see any good matchups for them against the higher seeds no matter who they play
With the injury to Jamal Murray, after the clippers & Lakers, Dallas is the best team in the conference to me as long as Porzingis is on the court.

All of their losses to Phoenix were narrow and theyd have the best player in the series. Chris Paul has also consistently struggled in big spots. I don’t like Phoenix at all.

Utah is extremely reliant on the 3 ball & Mitchell’s ankle is a big question mark. Dallas also has the best player in the series.

Denver is hurt, Portland is the #29 defense in the league.

Finally that senile goof is hanging them up. Make easy for the real 🐐 Kevin Harlan to do the conference finals going forward.

I know ya'll get relied up about any Luka criticism but maybe if he came in the season in shape and lived up to his preseason MVP talk from the jump they woulda had a higher seed. He cooked the Clippers last year, I don't think it's that bad of a matchup. Ain't no easy teams in the west anyway.

Luka actually should have stayed fat for longer so the Mavs could have dropped to the 7th seed play in. I think Mavs matchup better vs the Suns. :lol:

But no easy outs like everyone knows. Luka has torched Paul George, it could be the better matchup. Who know, things are so tight in the West.

Webber needs to get in. Bosh is probably going to get in next year and I don't really think he's better, nor did he have the college career like Webber.

Also, I hope he winds up on a studio show somewhere. He's nauseating calling games live but is great in the studio.

Last edited:
all you gotta do is look at how good the forwards were in the NBA when Webber won his first team all nba and his 2nd teams plus a 3rd team

it’s known they got f’d out of 1 title and that team had a ton of impact on how the game evolved

It would definitely be nice if he came into the season in better shape, but he really only had like 5 below par games and then played at an MVP level the rest of the season. He's 28/8/9 on 48% shooting :lol:

The team just isn't all that great. His best teammate is Tom Hardaway. Porzingis only played like half the season and is a complete wildcard. Actually made them worse defensively.

I was surprised they let Seth go.

Webber needs to get in. Bosh is probably going to get in next year and I don't really think he's better, nor did he have the college career like Webber.'

Also, I hope he winds up on a studio show somewhere. He's nauseating calling games lives but is great in the studio.
Both Webber and Bosh got Olympic medals but Bosh got the rangzzzz. Honesty Webber should’ve gotten in before TMac

pierce-garnett-1133518.jpg

Webber needs to get in. Bosh is probably going to get in next year and I don't really think he's better, nor did he have the college career like Webber.'

Also, I hope he winds up on a studio show somewhere. He's nauseating calling games lives but is great in the studio.
I’m curious if the hall still takes CWebb’s college career into consideration considering it was “wiped from the record books” or if that’s held against him

Both Webber and Bosh got Olympic medals but Bosh got the rangzzzz. Honesty Webber should’ve gotten in before TMac
Winning a couple rings as the 3rd guy definitely shouldn't be a determining factor :lol:

Webber was THE guy on a championship contender in the west. Bosh couldn't even win more than a couple playoff games in the east as THE guy.

He was miserable for about 2 weeks. The COVID stretch where they started James Johnson, Wes Iwundu and Boban for about 6 or 7 games was murder early. Even still, it probably doesn’t matter.

The Top 7 in the West are all tough - particularly the Top 5 if the Show ain’t is what they should be. Seeding wasn’t gonna matter.

Luka’s cooked the Clips at every turn regardless. They need THJ and Richardson to shoot at the level they have been for the last couple of weeks or it really doesn’t matter.
I was surprised they let Seth go.
Trading Seth isn’t the problem. But Josh Richardson definitely hasn’t fleshed out the way they’d hoped.

But they weren’t going anywhere with Seth playing 30 a night against great teams in the playoffs. Wrong mix of guys around him to hide him defensively.

They’re a better team on the whole than they were a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom