⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the play in tourney is kinda dumb.
The lakers, warriors, wizards and Celtics deserve the playoffs. The Grizzlies, Spurs, hornets and Pacers just weren’t good enough over 72 games.

Also I get they added 6 more Revenue producing games but most people aren’t going to be watching Spurs / Grizz & hornets / pacers like that.

Last point: I remember the Denver / Minnesota play in game from 2019. That was ****ing fire. Game 82 for a right to get in. Both teams were going hard as ****. The nba had 2 of those games yesterday (warriors/grizz and wizards/hornets) and I feel like they didn’t get the event status they deserved because all teams were making the playin games anyway.

I just think devaluing a regular season to create a March madness type tourney is a dumb move. With that said ima basketball junkie and I’ll watch all 6 games :lol:
Yeah, I really thought 72 games was enough to confirm the 16 playoff teams. But hey, NBA still trying to make as much money as they can.

Hopefully the play-ins are removed next season. Unless I missed the news that it's here to stay.

My all NBA picks based on how they've been said to have been listed

1st team
Steph
Dame
Giannis
Joker
Embiid

2nd team
Luka
Kyrie
Randle
Kawhi
Gobert

3rd team
Russ
CP0
Bron
Jimmy B
Bam

Tough with all the missed games

Last edited:

1st team
Steph
Dame
Giannis
Joker
Embiid

2nd team
Luka
Kyrie
Jimmy B
Kawhi
Gobert

3rd team
Russ
CP0
Bron
Tatum
Bam

BA60E570-7E22-4FD1-8493-7195E597A157.png

Completely forgot Juju actually. He deserves 2nd team and then bump Jimmy to 3rd and take out Tatum.

There were a bunch of games with playoff/play-in implications last night so we didn't get to appreciate the best back-up PG in the game yesterday

4 games of 15+ assists off the bench (most since Stockton) this year and finished second in steals per game :pimp:

1st team
Steph
Dame
Giannis
Joker
Embiid

2nd team
Luka
Kyrie
Jimmy B
Kawhi
Gobert

3rd team
Russ
CP0
Bron
Tatum
Bam

26/4/5 on the best team in the league and left off every all nba team?

Yeah, I really thought 72 games was enough to confirm the 16 playoff teams. But hey, NBA still trying to make as much money as they can.

Hopefully the play-ins are removed next season. Unless I missed the news that it's here to stay.

I disagree.

The reason I don't care about the play in is because if we are keeping it buck there shouldn't be 16 playoffs teams.

The 7th and 8th seeds are pointless and only were added for the same reason the play in exists. TV money.

The NBA added the 7th and 8th seeds in 84 when they signed their 1st big TV deal with NBC.

There were only 23 teams back then so more than 75% of the teams made the playoffs.

Russ over Trae, Beal or Booker????

I can all but guarantee Trae ain't getting on there, media don't like him. Yes Russ over Beal and apparently CP0 is the only reason for PHX's success going by the media narrative.

The Pacers and the Wizards have the exact same record.

built in tiebreakers would come into play, or go as far as a one game tiebreaker. play-in just extra games for the hell of it. midas whale make it top 12 per conference if we going down the slippery slope.

the argument about "exciting games at the end!!11!!" is lazy. parity and a shortened schedule makes for great playoff races.

I remember the Denver / Minnesota play in game from 2019. That was ****ing fire. Game 82 for a right to get in. Both teams were going hard as ****. The nba had 2 of those games yesterday (warriors/grizz and wizards/hornets) and I feel like they didn’t get the event status they deserved because all teams were making the playin games anyway.

The thing is, this didn’t ever happen really ever, it did that once but it rarely does where you have that.

Now we have 6 potential games every year where that 🔥🔥 you’re talking about COULD take place again, in terms of the competitiveness of that game. Consider that that game was fire because of the stakes and less because someone earned it more because they won ONE more game.

built in tiebreakers would come into play, or go as far as a one game tiebreaker. play-in just extra games for the hell of it. midas whale make it top 12 per conference if we going down the slippery slope.

the argument about "exciting games at the end!!11!!" is lazy. parity and a shortened schedule makes for great playoff races.

I agree with you. I don’t particularly like the play-in. I think it only moderately curtailed tanking, but also gave teams incentives for different kind of positioning shenanigans. I don’t think it adds anything of real benefit overall, so I’m fine if it doesn’t come back in future seasons.

I mentioned the equal records of the Wiz and Pacers only because, for this season, I don’t see how you can say one was good enough to be in the playoffs and the other wasn’t. (I don’t know which of them would have made it the playoffs if traditionally tie-breakers were in play).

Just looking at the media guys who've put out there lists so far, don't see Harden or Trae on anybody's but Beal is being shown some love for that 3rd team slot.

Just looking at the media guys who've put out there lists so far, don't see Harden or Trae on anybody's but Beal is being shown some love for that 3rd team slot.

How is Beal only on the 3rd team this year?

I initially thought Harden and KD were left off the list, but they missed too many games. KD missed 37 games Harden missed 28.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom