⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you. I don’t particularly like the play-in. I think it only moderately curtailed tanking, but also gave teams incentives for different kind of positioning shenanigans. I don’t think it adds anything of real benefit overall, so I’m fine if it doesn’t come back in future seasons.

I mentioned the equal records of the Wiz and Pacers only because, for this season, I don’t see how you can say one was good enough to be in the playoffs and the other wasn’t. (I don’t know which of them would have made it the playoffs if traditionally tie-breakers were in play).

gotcha. sorry I used your post to go on a mini rant because this has been bothering me for awhile :lol:

usual tiebreaker is H2H, WAS was 3-0 vs IND this season so they get in and Pacers go home. Pacers should've won just one more game if they wanted a playoff spot (or God forbid, be over .500)

How is Beal only on the 3rd team this year?

I initially thought Harden and KD were left off the list, but they missed too many games. KD missed 37 games Harden missed 28.

I mean Beal basically had the same season as he did last year and was left off cause they only won 26 games. They won more this year but a strong argument can be made that Russ was the catalyst for their run at the end of the year.

Feels like Lebron’s last tweet until July when he breaks the playoffs assist record or something. That’s a Twitter blackout type post you let everyone look back on when you’re about to start a legendary streak of 10+ assists every playoff game.

doesn't lebron usually stay off social media for the playoffs? he has klutch media at his disposal to push out these tweets

Pacers over Hornets
Wizards over Celtics

Spurs over Grizzlies
Lakers over Warriors

Celtics over Pacers

Warriors over Spurs

The thing is, this didn’t ever happen really ever, it did that once but it rarely does where you have that.

Now we have 6 potential games every year where that 🔥🔥 you’re talking about COULD take place again, in terms of the competitiveness of that game. Consider that that game was fire because of the stakes and less because someone earned it more because they won ONE more game.

I feel you but we had 2 play in games yesterday (if they kept the old system) and they were glanced over for the most part.

My All NBA team picks:

1st: Luka/Curry/Kawhi/Giannis/Jokic
2nd: CP3/Dame/Butler/Lebron/Embiid
3rd: Trae/PG/Randle/Zion/Gobert

- Trae over Beal was my last spot
- Harden played almost same amount of games as bron but he deserves no credit for the Houston stint. That **** was disgusting. Nets having no all nba players is kind of dumb so I kind of want to give Kyrie or Harden the nod but idk who to take out.
- jokic & Embiid are not forwards. That **** stupid. Pick 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom