⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said he’s bout to be 23 in reference to “he’s in year 2” cuz that’s misleading.
But you’re misinterpreting me or I’m prob just not being clear. I’m just saying I don’t think taking contested 3s is impressive. Obviously mpj is a great shooter, and I’m fine with where he’s at at age 23, he just has a lot of growth left to do. So hopefully he taps into that. Less contested 3s. That’s a blow by and a finish at the rim or free throws. Create more open 3s. He takes 2.2 ft’s a game. I want to see him increase his scoring about 4-6 points in the next 1-2 yrs.
This is his first year as a starter. He went from being a 3rd option primarily playing with the 2nd unit to having to become the 2nd option when Murray went down. He is primarily a jump shooter but it's because he's a black hole and isn't looking to pass. There are so many times where he'll launch a contested transition 3 early in the shot clock. He's improved his defense from last year to this year which I think gave Malone the confidence to start him. I foresee further improvement in his ballhandling/playmaking as he continues to develop. He plays with an all-world decision maker in Jokic and Murray isn't a slouch either. All MPJ was asked to do in his role this season was not get burnt on the defensive end and make shots on the offensive end. As a Nuggets fan, I'd love for him to replace all the FTA and playmaking that we lost when Murray went down but dude is in his 2nd season, it's not realistic.

Last edited:
Give Mexico a team while they’re at it.
Migos use LeBron James' Taco Tuesday slogan as a tune | TalkBasket.net

I think they would go with eight 4 team divisions.

NOLA and Memphis are definitely getting moved to the Eastern Conference to prop up Zion and Ja.

I guess it could look something like this:
East
MIA/ORL/ATL/NO

CHA/WAS/MEM/IND

BOS/NY/BKN/PHI

CHI/CLE/TOR

West

LAL/LAC/GS/LV

SA/HOU/DAL/PHX

DEN/UTA/MIN/OKC

POR/SEA/SAC

Only thing being what you do with MIL and DET?

I think that's why probably at least one of Memphis or NO will remain in the West or geographic wise would just make sense to move the T'Wolves to the East since they're right by MIL.

I think there was momentum for it, which is why they had NBA games in Mexico City. But from what I heard, logically a nightmare. I think the airport was far from the arena or something.

Montreal and Vancouver too while we're at it...

Raps preseason games there always sold out and basketball is huge in both cities.

Grizz should've never moved :smh:, especially keeping the team name in a place without any Grizzlies word to the Jazz :lol:

I think there was momentum for it, which is why they had NBA games in Mexico City. But from what I heard, logically a nightmare. I think the airport was far from the arena or something.
the altitude would be a factor. teams would be on fumes after the first qtr
mexico city is like 7000 ft above sea level. fwiw, denver is like 5000 ft

I guess it could look something like this:
East
MIA/ORL/ATL/NO

CHA/WAS/MEM/IND

BOS/NY/BKN/PHI

CHI/CLE/TOR

West

LAL/LAC/GS/LV

SA/HOU/DAL/PHX

DEN/UTA/MIN/OKC

POR/SEA/SAC

Only thing being what you do with MIL and DET?

I think that's why probably at least one of Memphis or NO will remain in the West or geographic wise would just make sense to move the T'Wolves to the East since they're right by MIL.
My bad, you're right. I incorrectly did the math when I made that statement saying Memphis AND NOLA. Since it's only one team moving then Memphis or Minnesota would make most sense then the odd team out and NOLA would stay in the West with the two new franchises.

The expansion almost guarantees that the play-in stays (which I think it was anyway). The argument will be that since the league is bigger, allowing two teams in each conference to have a chance at the post season is a good thing.

I don't think the number of regular season games changes either.

I’m assuming a new team in Seattle would resurrect the Sonics name.

Like what happened in the NFL with the Cleveland Browns.

I hope that’s would happen anyway.
Slightly different with the Browns because when they left, Cleveland got to keep its team history/championships and Baltimore was basically started as a new franchise with Cleveland’s contracts.

OKC took everything when they left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom