⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s funny, because black people here in Baltimore (UA’s home base) love UA :lol:.

It’s a light flex to be head to toe. Ironically, they do a lot for the school programs and work in the inner city etc.

I know some people who work there. Either hear that they love it, or are over worked like ****. One brother I know making moves over there. Hooked me up with some discounts. Had to grab a head to toe fit :pimp:.

It makes sense in Baltimore, support the hometown brand I can dig it. I've been gone for about 5 years so I'm not sure how things are now, but corporate was a headache to deal with and all the dudes seemed like frat members.
The store I worked at was a little outside the Bay and 90% of the people that came in were suburban white people or immigrants looking for solid deals.
They did used to hook it up, 50% off everything, even marked down items. But they took that away a little before I jumped ship.

It’s funny, because black people here in Baltimore (UA’s home base) love UA :lol:.

It’s a light flex to be head to toe. Ironically, they do a lot for the school programs and work in the inner city etc.

I know some people who work there. Either hear that they love it, or are over worked like ****. One brother I know making moves over there. Hooked me up with some discounts. Had to grab a head to toe fit :pimp:.

The thing is NB marketed their stuff well enough for it to jump to the mainstream.

UA is kinda fumbling in that area.

thought this was peak UA

I remember Sports Authority and UA has a marketing thing with that whole Click Clack campaign

They were giving out little clickers to customers and had employees clicking them in stores.

Problem is that they were kinda louder than you expected, high pitched, and annoying as hell.

So imagine a large store, with tons of kids running around with clickers, non-stop.

So during the weekend, Sports Authority was sounding like a cicada swarm was up in that joint beating their feet while wearing tap shoes.

This gif is ridiculous :rofl:

....but people were saying the exact same thing about NEW BALANCE. When the whole time, it was also a niche, inner city shoe in Bmore/DC that was a go to.

Now, I see ads for 990-993 all over the place. And in every store in every region. *****s out of town used to say we were rocking “orthopedic shoes”

Funny.
New balances might be more popular than ever. **** sells out like Jordan’s back in the day now.

Also don't think a lot of their jobs pay a ton because of the demand for them here.

New balance footwear is wearable casually. Haven't seen a UA sneaker that would mess with. They also fumbled the Rocky and Kayne deals.
True, NB's got a better catalog of designs to pull from. Which gives them the advantage.

Was just agreeing with what wavycrocket wavycrocket was saying. NBs were crazy popular in the Maryland, DC, NoVa area before it found more mainstream success with sneakerheads. When I worked in Sports Authority in the early 2000s (**** I'm getting old :smh:) NBs 990/992/993 used to sell out constantly. Half of the customers were suburban white people, the other half young black dudes. On NT at that time they used to clown dudes that wore them.

Haven’t NB always sold well to avid runners? I always thought that was one of their core markets.

NB has phased out and brought back a basketball line like 3 different times. :lol:

I've said it before and Chef my guy but you can't tell me that some middle aged suburban mom isn't picking up the kids from school and hitting up Costco in these :smh:

8qDgDGX.gif
tenor.gif

NB used to be the epitome of washed.

Lace up them grey on grey joints and you shaving 300 pts off your testosterone levels Instantly.

Their ‘rebrand‘ in the last 10 years been crazy (Except for the kawhis...)

True, NB's got a better catalog of designs to pull from. Which gives them the advantage.

Was just agreeing with what wavycrocket wavycrocket was saying. NBs were crazy popular in the Maryland, DC, NoVa area before it found more mainstream success with sneakerheads. When I worked in Sports Authority in the early 2000s (**** I'm getting old :smh:) NBs 990/992/993 used to sell out constantly. Half of the customers were suburban white people, the other half young black dudes. On NT at that time they used to clown dudes that wore them.
I'll say this, UA made some football training pants that I liked so much, that I went back and purchased two more pairs. It's a shame that they discontinued them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom