⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Russ turn you did still disgusts me
1609364854451.gif

Jokic takes more heat than anybody annually for being out of shape.

Chubby Luka and his conditioning has BEEN a thing. Literally at the start of every season.

Most of Zion's questions come from the injuries and the fact he actually looks like his weight is a detriment at times...

while true
not everyone is zion or have his hype train and physical attributes, and thats why they dont get critiqued like he does
There are different standards of excellence for people, for very different reasons. Zion is expected to be a great athlete, and Doncic isn't. The stereotype is that we come out of the womb with a 40 inch vert, then doing 4.4 forty.

There are different standards of excellence for people, for very different reasons. Zion is expected to be a great athlete, and Doncic isn't. The stereotype is that we come out of the womb with a 40 inch vert, then doing 4.4 forty.

stereotype? who, what why...

zion is already a great athlete
but that wont last in a mans league if all he does is rely on his god given talent.
the blueprint is there, he has to learn what has been proven to help him extend his career in the nba
and that starts with .....losing weight.

Jokic takes more heat than anybody annually for being out of shape.

Chubby Luka and his conditioning has BEEN a thing. Literally at the start of every season.

Most of Zion's questions come from the injuries and the fact he actually looks like his weight is a detriment at times...
Jokic plays 40+ MPG in the playoffs and isn't out of breath. :lol:

stereotype? who, what why...

zion is already a great athlete
but that wont last in a mans league if all he does is rely on his god given talent.
the blueprint is there, he has to learn what has been proven to help him extend his career in the nba
and that starts with .....losing weight.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican you see this?

The bold and underlined is exactly what I am talking about.

You don't think that Zion worked to become that athletic?

when you find out how hard i can work to be 6'8
holla at me
How does height equate athleticism?
Mugsy Bogues, Spud Webb, Speedy Claxton, Allen Iverson, AND Mark Price, Steve Kerr, John Paxson would like to have a word with you.
Do you know how many people out there who are actually 6"8, then cannot walk and chew gum at the same time? Hell, there are people out there 6 foot who have a hard time doing that.

How does height equate athleticism?
Mugsy Bogues, Spud Webb, Speedy Claxton, Allen Iverson, AND Mark Price, Steve Kerr, John Paxson would like to have a word with you.
Do you know how many people out there who are actually 6"8, then cannot walk and chew gum at the same time? Hell, there are people out there 6 foot who have a hard time doing that.
who said i wanted to be an athletic 6'8
are you now stereotyping that ppl who are 6'8 should be athletic or have specific coordination?

what if i just want to be tall ?

who said i wanted to be an athletic 6'8
are you now stereotyping that ppl who are 6'8 should be athletic or have specific coordination?

what if i just want to be tall ?
For Zion to be what he is, he had to put in work. For Doncic to become what he is, is due to work as well.

However the perception is that Zion is someone using a god given talent, and a player like Doncic is simply intelligent with the ball. Therefore his conditioning does not come under the same scrutiny as does Zion, because intelligence supposedly outweighs physical strength and conditioning.

Now you can take that anyway that you wish, because you are the one who brought up 6"8 as a barometer, a measure of an advantage.

For Zion to be what he is, he had to put in work. For Doncic to become what he is, is due to work as well.

However the perception is that Zion is someone using a god given talent, and a player like Doncic is simply intelligent with the ball. Therefore his conditioning does not come under the same scrutiny as does Zion, because intelligence supposedly outweighs physical strength and conditioning.

Now you can take that anyway that you wish, because you are the one who brought up 6"8 as a barometer, a measure of an advantage.
when i engaged in your post i was being specific to zion
and that he was blessed with attributes that with hard work he could be what he is now and that he must maintain other forms of discipline to have longevity in the nba

its not a knock to say he has god given talent
the man thanked god himself after he was drafted.

i get the sentiment as far as intelligent "leader" vs physical "specimen" stereotypes along racial/ethnic lines, but zion is expected to be a great athlete because he's simply shown himself to be exactly that. he's super unique in an environment that's seen many. far superior of an athlete to someone like luka who's gotten by in other ways.

i've always had a problem with the weight issue or rather people scrutinizing his weight. i don't know what to call it exactly as it's an issue men haven't tended to be scrutinized over as heavily, but the way young men of color often get handled like soulless commodities in professional sports in particular, is always disturbing. and we all contribute to that

when i engaged in your post i was being specific to zion
and that he was blessed with attributes that with hard work he could be what he is now and that he must maintain other forms of discipline to have longevity in the nba

its not a knock to say he has god given talent
the man thanked god himself after he was drafted.

Yes, it is a knock.

It eschews the work he has already put in, in order to be as good as he already is.

Now, this discussion is going to go into the direction of racist theory, and how insulting your commentary actually is. Your thoughts are already proving how white supremacy celebrates mediocrity, but also how your willful ignorance is entertaining to a crowd that finds your observations upon such, entertaining. So whatever minstrel show you are attempting to imitate, let's take it to Let's make everything about race, so that I can undress you in the proper setting.

Are you Black?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom