⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
i get the sentiment as far as intelligent "leader" vs physical "specimen" stereotypes along racial/ethnic lines, but zion is expected to be a great athlete because he's simply shown himself to be exactly that. he's super unique in an environment that's seen many. far superior of an athlete to someone like luka who's gotten by in other ways.

i've always had a problem with the weight issue or rather people scrutinizing his weight. i don't know what to call it exactly as it's an issue men haven't tended to be scrutinized over as heavily, but the way young men of color often get handled like soulless commodities in professional sports in particular, is always disturbing. and we all contribute to that
Here's the question, does Zion NEED to be a great athlete, in order to be a great basketball player? Does Doncic NEED to be a great athlete in order to be a great Basketball player?

Was Larry Bird considered a great Basketball player? Was he a great athlete?

Methodical Management Methodical Management

Do you have any issue with this discussion?

Yes, it is a knock.

It eschews the work he has already put in, in order to be as good as he already is.

Now, this discussion is going to go into the direction of racist theory, and how insulting your commentary actually is. Your thoughts are already proving how white supremacy celebrates mediocrity, but also how your willful ignorance is entertaining to a crowd that finds your observations upon such, entertaining. So whatever minstrel show you are attempting to imitate, let's take it to Let's make everything about race, so that I can undress you in the proper setting.

Are you Black?
Yes, it is a knock.

It eschews the work he has already put in, in order to be as good as he already is.

Now, this discussion is going to go into the direction of racist theory, and how insulting your commentary actually is. Your thoughts are already proving how white supremacy celebrates mediocrity, but also how your willful ignorance is entertaining to a crowd that finds your observations upon such, entertaining. So whatever minstrel show you are attempting to imitate, let's take it to Let's make everything about race, so that I can undress you in the proper setting.

Are you Black?
and there is your show

is this the new norm that the warriors stink
Too early to say this....they looked bad a couple games, then strung together a couple of wins. Consistency from wiggins and wiseman, with Steph playing like an all star will keep them competitive.

Shieeet.

If all it takes is hard work let me put up 500 shots a day for 6 months and declare for the draft :lol:

Here's the question, does Zion NEED to be a great athlete, in order to be a great basketball player? Does Doncic NEED to be a great athlete in order to be a great Basketball player?

Was Larry Bird considered a great Basketball player? Was he a great athlete?

Methodical Management Methodical Management

Do you have any issue with this discussion?
No Zion does not need to be a great athlete, but thats what his game is right now so people expect more of it. If Zion decided to stop playing in the paint and developed a jumpshot and handles i dont think he will be criticized for being a little chubby.

was charles barkely criticized? i was a baby when he played someone fill me in (pause)

Luka is kinda athletic/acrobatic but he looks pudgy so thats why he gets slandered, doesnt fit the image of someone in shape like gordon hayward

Yup gonna be a long season for the warriors.

They basically got a g-league squad featuring Steph.

Steph’s numbers will look great this year but they ain’t making playoffs

C7051D3B-3718-4A13-8F50-FF522E068DBF.gif

Steph gets better and better. He’s gonna be cooking teams over the next few weeks once Dray is back too. People easily forget the monster he was. He’s built different. Got people jumping when he’s dribbling. That gravity going to pay off these scrub Dubs soon. Wiseman and Oubre going to be eating good this year. Wiggins needs to be his own man and fill in ways Steph can’t. Drive to the rim and be aggressive in 1:1 situations. He played great last game

No Zion does not need to be a great athlete, but thats what his game is right now so people expect more of it. If Zion decided to stop playing in the paint and developed a jumpshot and handles i dont think he will be criticized for being a little chubby.

was charles barkely criticized? i was a baby when he played someone fill me in (pause)

Luka is kinda athletic/acrobatic but he looks pudgy so thats why he gets slandered, doesnt fit the image of someone in shape like gordon hayward

Barkley was definitely criticized for his weight early in his career. His nickname back then the “Round Mound of Rebound” was a back-handed compliment, at best. :lol:

Jokic plays 40+ MPG in the playoffs and isn't out of breath. :lol:
Dude lost a lot of weight last year. His conditioning looked great. He worked on less pouting too when things didnt go their way. Although Murray droppin 50 pieces on everyone makes it hard to pout :lol:

I understand expectations, especially in regard to entertainment and profit. Zion dunking on everyone, is entertaining as heck. Once he isn't able to do that anymore? He becomes Derrick Rose, of whom people do not discuss as being a great basketball player anymore, especially since he lost his bounce.

Steph gets better and better. He’s gonna be cooking teams over the next few weeks once Dray is back too. People easily forget the monster he was. He’s built different. Got people jumping when he’s dribbling. That gravity going to pay off these scrub Dubs soon. Wiseman and Oubre going to be eating good this year. Wiggins needs to be his own man and fill in ways Steph can’t. Drive to the rim and be aggressive in 1:1 situations. He played great last game
real hoopers know :nthat:

Yes real hoopers know finals MVP curry needs Klay Thompson for this team to even sniff the playoffs.

the real question is, who’s batman and who’s robin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom