⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
1626014231743.png
Look at all these Devils in disguise. I remember someone saying to me that they were surprised about the turnout of support from all of them last year during the protests, and I told them they were only showing up cause they got tired of being locked down during the pandemic and this was a way for them to go outside and meet people and have a personal story to tell.

Of the white people that I know it was split pretty evenly. Some did it for the gram some did it with their Black friends to show support. Idk how much I would trust a media member in that crowd though. People will always have their own agenda.

Look at all these Devils in disguise. I remember someone saying to me that they were surprised about the turnout of support from all of them last year during the protests, and I told them they were only showing up cause they got tired of being locked down during the pandemic and this was a way for them to go outside and meet people and have a personal story to tell.

+ Virtual signaling
+ Pressured to do it to look progressive to others

arent most of the nigerian team raised in some place else? They just have the heritage . That wouldnt say much about the development of ball in africa.

A big part of international ball is making sure kids with potential and heritage get passports before they turn 16

As I understand it, that last thing is one of the objectives of the NBA Africa program - identifying very young talent there and potentially give those people a chance to play high school, college ball elsewhere.

Draymond Green is the only one on this team that'll get in players' faces when they're playing like **** or not executing.

But legit who's their leader? Like I said, this team doesn't have a veteran in their prime who done it all like Kobe, Lebron, Wade etc. Someone the other players looked up to, led by example, and someone they'll listen to when **** hits the fan.

KD is clearly the best player (probably in the world) but he doesnt have those leader intangibles. If he doesnt have it going, the team will be in trouble.

But can you give the actual list of NBA Alphas like he asked? :lol:

Well damn

Yea that was corny as hell.

Personally, I think it’s cool Nigeria won the game yesterday. Individual NBA players and the league as an entity have put time and effort into developing basketball talent in Africa. Yesterday it’s the most recent illustration that it’s paying off.

So, there should be less hand-wringing about the US losing to an African county for the first time and more appreciation for other countries improving.
Yea these days I look at less as “OMG USA SUCKS” and more as whoever they lost/close game to is better at basketball n it’s more entertaining …Nobody wants to watch 40 point blowouts n know who’s winning every game

All African teams should have a couple NBA cats tbh, I been watching international soccer with black folks in Poland and Brazilians on Italy so that’s nothing :lol:

3pt shot is the ultimate equalizer. And Nigeria hit 20 of em.

Cool to see the improvement of other countries.

ehhh

I mean good for us but I don't think it says all that much about the development of the sport in Nigeria. :lol:
really from what I can tell basketball in nigeria is the sport for rich kids who emigrate to the united states.

90% of those guys are the children of well to do nigerians who grew up mostly in the US/canada like me.

Never saw one basketball in the times i've been there.
They still represent the country tho, the competition is good no matter how it happens

As I understand it, that last thing is one of the objectives of the NBA Africa program - identifying very young talent there and potentially give those people a chance to play high school, college ball elsewhere.

Yeah I think Nigeria is a bit of a specific situation just because the income inequality,
people with money send their kids to private schools, and would have gone to school in a US college basketball scholarship or not.

but i do think the domestic Africa league they are starting has a potential to have an impact.

If you are poor and sub 6'10 there has to be some path to play pro basketball to generate interest from non rich kids.

Scola still a beast, still have night mares of the beatdown he put on Canada.
35 points 13 rebounds, like 10 straight points to seal it. :lol:

So you can make a claim, folks question you on it and now you want to act like someone is harassing you or something.

Cool.

Would be easier for you to simply say, "I don't know what I was talking about."

Lmao. You're a funny dude. I'll give you that.

They do a good job of dressing it up but the whole NBA Africa thing kinda comes off as exploitation/colonization. Something about it just feels weird but hopefully it benefits the continent more than anything

Yea, I had this convo with someone on here some while back.

I guess it is also giving folks jobs and players some outlet to showcase their skills.

But that is always the argument from "their" POV/perspective.

I know how you feel, I am also torn because we KNOW who really benefits at the end of the day.

As far as white people supporting black civil rights and liberation there’s always been a mix of both in the history of America…. I mean you have John Brown who gave his life for the cause with his sons, and you have Abraham Lincoln who ended up doing the right thing for a lot of complicated political reasons even though it’s not clear he was ever a true believer….

Lots of white people do have black people they love in their lives or a true belief in justice. Some can’t be much bothered to support in ways that aren’t easy.

They do a good job of dressing it up but the whole NBA Africa thing kinda comes off as exploitation/colonization. Something about it just feels weird but hopefully it benefits the continent more than anything

lolwut? why?

if you tryna grow the sport you need a domestic league.
you're much better off with the NBA starting one. trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom