🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: OMG Grimace CLINCHED

:stoneface: @ that performance.

Yes, Scherzer was terrible. But the offense was non-existent.

Had Yu looking like Cy Young out there. :stoneface:

McNeil showing why he the batting champ

Big bats coming out today

Tomorrow lets get it

Soto driving in the dagger is the ultimate slap in the face to Mets brass, who failed to make that deal for him.

I've been following this team since I've sat in the upper decks of Shea with my mom's union tickets. I'm not a Johnny come lately because they were winning before September. My thoughts for 2022 and that's my last post on them:

The Mets are a giant embarrassment and I could use more colorful words there. 101 wins with nothing to show for it is a failure of a season. There's no way to spin it. No division title and an elimination before the LDS.

Firing Billy Eppler, who punted on the trade deadline because he was worried about winning in 2024, is the least that should be done to make a small penance to the fanbase. Everyone said then, it would come back to bite them and it played a significant role in their fate.

I personally don't care about 2023. I'm already checked out. What's done one season has no bearing on the next. The 2022 Mets were playing at a pace that made them a contender and then **** the bed in a spectacular manner. Their flameout is going to be a hard sell. Good luck.

This offseason is going to be madness. A lot of free agents on the team.

It always sucks the night of, then the weeks after. You swear you'll never watch another game and then it's Spring Training and for whatever reason, you're excited again. It's the nature of the beast when it comes to this team. Time in baseball is fleeting, suffering is constant but the new season always erases memories of the last one.

I've been following this team since I've sat in the upper decks of Shea with my mom's union tickets. I'm not a Johnny come lately because they were winning before September. My thoughts for 2022 and that's my last post on them:

The Mets are a giant embarrassment and I could use more colorful words there. 101 wins with nothing to show for it is a failure of a season. There's no way to spin it. No division title and an elimination before the LDS.

Firing Billy Eppler, who punted on the trade deadline because he was worried about winning in 2024, is the least that should be done to make a small penance to the fanbase. Everyone said then, it would come back to bite them and it played a significant role in their fate.

I personally don't care about 2023. I'm already checked out. What's done one season has no bearing on the next. The 2022 Mets were playing at a pace that made them a contender and then **** the bed in a spectacular manner. Their flameout is going to be a hard sell. Good luck.

Curious: who would you like to have seen signed at trade deadline?

Curious: who would you like to have seen signed at trade deadline?

Brandon Drury was the only one I had my eye on. Utility man with pop to his bat and had a respectable average. Played first, third and the outfield.

Vientos should have been called up in July to see what he could do and how he'd develop throughout the course of the year as the DH. Those four players and JD that were flipped for Darin Ruf could have been used in another trade to supplement the bullpen.

Damn they fell apart those freaking Braves I hate them.

Man my hopes were so high when they were winning and things were looking good.

Well guys they tried and did good in the regular season.

Everyone let's go get disappointed by the Knicks now for this season.

During the season, I browsed a few different places here and there and I have to say that this thread was BY FAR the least negative of the bunch. So shoutout to all the regulars who helped make this thread a positive and pleasant place to visit.

With that said, our Mets laid an egg. There's no sugar-coating that no matter how positive we want to be. Scherzer getting waxed was one thing. But getting sent home with just one hit is another. Team showed zero fight and that's the most frustrating thing about the loss, is that it wasn't even close.

And after all is said and done, the Phillies :angry: and Padres have advanced further than the Mets did. :sick:
That has to be considered a colossal failure considering how both of those squads were left for dead at one point not too long ago.

Ultimately, the Mets are in a good place despite the way the season ended. But it's going to be a looooonnnng time/off-season before anyone can really feel good about 2022.

SMH. Waste of a season. Lost all faith in this team when they couldn't get one win against atlanta to basically clinch the division.

Back
Top Bottom