🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: OMG Grimace CLINCHED

Mets wet the bed, no way around it. :ohwell:

Only thing I can say is what I've we've all been saying and that is Atlanta really is THAT DAMN GOOD.

We just have to see what happens over the next 3 days.

Miami has already shut down Alcantara despite his regular spot in the rotation being set up to pitch against Atl. :smh:

Last edited:
Mets do GREAT when they are ahead. I believe they have the best record in the majors when they score first.

But when it's time to face a little adversity, they don't respond as well.

It should be no surprise that they performed better against the Nats with the pressure off.

And the collapse at the end of the season will hopefully be a great teaching moment for next year.

I believe playing the Padres is better for this team anyway.

LGM

d3si d3si was that you who posted a drone video of the Cubs in the MLB thread? I'd never been in that thread before but stumbled in there when Judge hit 61 and saw the drone video quoted a couple of times.

If it was you who posted it, do you know if the Mets did something similar? That **** was absolute fire.

And yeah, I kept rooting for McCann to produce all year but it just never happened. Nido > Mazeika > McCann.

They're all solid defensively though.

Yes, that was me

Agreed. That was dope. I hope somebody does it for all 30 MLB stadiums

Sorry I forget to post that drone thing tweet here

In the case if others haven't seen it

Notice it came from the Cubs twitter

I figure that Mets PR want to wait until the Willet Points redevelopment plan is complete first

All teams playing the same time today regardless of timezone. So we'll know quickly if Jeff wins it or not.

He's a bit of a psycho so you know he'll go all out to get it. :lol:

Before the season started, Lindor promised McNeil he'd buy a car if Jeff wins the batting title

What has happened might be a blessing in disguise

We didnt get the division but we are in, we got swept but we are still playing and on a verge of sweeping the nats

Doubleheader was fun everybody hitting so the morale is somewhat increased since we got swept

Momentum is on our side, maybe not winning the division helps us get to the dance

Atl sitting down might cool them off and if we take care of business with sd then we just might have luck on our side

Again i know im jumping the gun but im just being optimistic, this team this year has done amazing things, og’s that i tlk to that were around for the last one says its reminding them of the 86 team, I didnt exist yet

So lettuce prey

As expectation as the Braves were favorited to win the NL East

It'd be great if we get a bye round so we can start with our best pitchers in the NLDS

All good

I agree with you 1c3m. I think it's a blessing in disguise as well

I saw this picture from GENY Mets Report Twitter & a Mets fan
I like it. I sent this to my fellow Mets fan friends via text
FeUZrfSWQAIxpcK

What has happened might be a blessing in disguise

We didnt get the division but we are in, we got swept but we are still playing and on a verge of sweeping the nats

Doubleheader was fun everybody hitting so the morale is somewhat increased since we got swept

Momentum is on our side, maybe not winning the division helps us get to the dance

Atl sitting down might cool them off and if we take care of business with sd then we just might have luck on our side

Again i know im jumping the gun but im just being optimistic, this team this year has done amazing things, og’s that i tlk to that were around for the last one says its reminding them of the 86 team, I didnt exist yet

So lettuce prey

Nope, not jumping the gun at all. Great post.

I love the optimism.

100 wins is a fantastic accomplishment.

Lettuce prey indeed. On the Padres.

LGM

Oh snap! Pete getting a break??

Definitely happy that Gore will get some actual ABs though. :lol:

Wait, no McNeil either??

Stro - 6 - 7 3.50 era 119k in 138.2

Thor - 10 - 10 3.92 era 95k in 134.2

Baez - .237 17 hr 66 rbi .393 slg .671 ops 143 games

Cano - .150 1 hr 4 rbi .190 slg .373 ops 33 games cut by Mets, cut by SD, cut by Atl (crazy his involvement with those 3 teams considering how the season ended)

Villar - .208 3 hr 18 rbi .302 slg .562 ops 59 games

I'd say excellent decisions by Eppler and the FO in not bringing any of those guys back.

Who will be in the playoff roster? Think we'll find out by Friday morning.

You gotta respect these padres. On paper, they got a lot of hitters and Yu Darvish has spanked us this season.

If Mets can beat padres in 2games with scherzer & bassit then Degrom pitching game 1 vs Dodgers would be amazing

Game time.

I was looking for a gif of the outfielders hugging but couldn't find one anywhere.

This will have to do.

FZmOHnnXkAAnFUG.jpg

Welcome back Starling.

LGM

Back
Top Bottom