🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: OMG Grimace CLINCHED

Probable pitchers for Mets are still TBD for all three games in Miami this weekend

Fri, Sep 9 • 6:40 PM EDT
At loanDepot park
TV: SNY, Bally Sports Florida

Sat, Sep 10 • 6:10 PM EDT
At loanDepot park
TV: Bally Sports Florida, WPIX

Sun, Sep 11 • 1:40 PM EDT
At loanDepot park
TV: SNY, Bally Sports Florida

"Mets cap, that's Queens, I'm a vet, bet that"

I'm definitely surprised Esco never created a Mets anthem.

I've also wondered why more musicians don't try to make anthems for their favorite teams. Or why someone hasn't come up with a track that has the word "jump" in the title so that their song can provide an infinite revenue stream like House of Pain and Kris Kross did. :lol:

Did anyone catch Gary saying how terrible the guy at the plate was and on the very next pitch, dude belts a 2 run homer. :lol:

Gary: 12 for 100... he hasn't homered since....

CRACK!

Keith: ohhh mmm
Gary: Unbelievable
Keith: chuckles ... "I'm going to get Gary some police protection after this game"

Gary is well known for jinxing :lol:

Mets offense look much better after first game of the series in Miami

Glad Mark Vientos got called up. Poor him. Went 0 for 5 with two strikeouts in his MLB debut :emoji_sweat_smile:

KIQUTbD.png

Glad Mark Vientos got called up. Poor him. Went 0 for 5 with two strikeouts in his MLB debut :emoji_sweat_smile:

I hope he does well.

But he probably didn't do himself any favors with the umps when he turned to the home plate umpire after he got called for a strike on the SECOND PITCH OF HIS MAJOR LEAGUE CAREER.

Gotta earn your stripes first, rook. :lol:

Luis is back. Waiting on Starling now.

Assad pitched a heck of a game. I really liked how he mixed it up last night.

Mets need one of those: a young, hotshot prospect.

Anybody know if there are any good pitchers coming up in the farm system?

^

Agreed

I look forward to seeing our future after our team improved the analytics department. Hope they will draft and develop well

Matt Allan is supposed to be our next big thing. Injury prone hurts his career

I think our future pitching stars will be Blake Tidwell and Calvin Ziegler for now

Joel Diaz looks promising. He needs to improve his breaking stuff

ETA for Tidwell, Ziegler and Diaz is 2025/2026

We got many back-end starter prospects (from Wilpons era) tho

So we probably will not see hotshot pitching prospects in the major for a while

Last edited:
Missed a huge opportunity last 2 series' with the Braves dropping some games, but Mets not capitalizing while playing the Cubs really. At least we came back and won the series in Miami. Looks like this will be a dog fight for the division until the end. 3 more with the Braves should prove HUGE.

Let's go Mets!!

Well, if the team doesn’t make it, it’s on them. The Braves have been stinking it up lately. “Easiest schedule!” 🤣

Yeah, that's all Gary kept singing when the team was hot. "The Mets have the easiest schedule down the stretch". :rolleyes:

Sandy overall was great with the Mets. Flawless? Of course not but he did more good than bad and under the Wilpon's, that's very difficult. Look at today's roster and that of the 2015 team, he drafted most of the players.

Thank you Sandy

Amazing game to be at today! Jake was on point aside from the last 3 batters he faced. 20 combined strikeouts was something really special to see.

On to Milwaukee!

Back
Top Bottom