🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

Maybe I'm crazy but in hand and on foot the '16 is noticeably more plush to me-all around- but the big difference can be felt in the padding.

I don't have a '14 pair handy anymore but I did some comparisons of the '16 to the '07 pair, and then another shot of the '16 pair against the cubes. Since they are another qs from the same time period as the '14 I figure they might have similar materials.

On the shots comparing uppers you will notice a clean edge on the all-synthetic pairs and a rough frayed edge on the '16 pair. Thats the composite leather. Thicker but still crap.

View media item 2021595Cubes left. '16 right.

View media item 2021594'07 left. '16 right.

View media item 2021596'07 left. '16 right.

View media item 2021597'07 left. 16 right.

I'm curious if there's a big difference with the og's and the durathane rubber that they used as opposed to the retroes. It would be cool to see a comparison between the too after wearing both on court.

Forget flyknit. How's that gonna hold up on court? I really need that forefoot zoom and dragon toe. When's that happening?

It will more than likely be for lifestyle or have so much plastic.

I think Agassi retro stuff is under NSW Tennis not Tennis Collection.

Air Tech Challenge is retro now. The line is no longer for performance. There is no Durathane or forefoot Air anymore.

Last edited:
I know guys, I know. But they did the Jordan 2.0. I just have dreams about an Atc 2.0.
You and ARK 
laugh.gif

You want a 1 to 1 OG ATC2 and he want a retro of the ATCIV 

You and ARK :lol:

You want a 1 to 1 OG ATC2 and he want a retro of the ATCIV 

For the record the 3 is my favorite. I want the all white and all black 3s and more 3s. Then I want the 4 which I never had when I was in high school. What I don't want is more 2s and stalling to release more 3s and 4s.

In general though I would love premium materials in any of his shoes. We all know Nike can do it since they did the Grand Slam pairs. What they did for the Flares is a disgrace. If the materials aren't great I'm beginning to think ill pass on most releases.

Last edited:
For the record the 3 is my favorite. I want the all white and all black 3s and more 3s. Then I want the 4 which I never had when I was in high school. What I don't want is more 2s and stalling to release more 3s and 4s.

In general though I would love premium materials in any of his shoes. We all know Nike can do it since they did the Grand Slam pairs. What they did for the Flares is a disgrace. If the materials aren't great I'm beginning to think ill pass on most releases.
2&3 are my fav but wished they spaced out the releases better

Unless ATC's are on heavy discount I wont buy them. 

What if they were made of cheap leather like the flares were? Did you pass on them?

I don't know. I wore my 2013 grape 5s for the first time today and I was reminded of that hard cheap leather. I look in my closet and I see pairs with crappy materials and pairs with nice materials. I think why did I buy the crappy material versions? I feel like selling off anything with cheap materials quite honestly. The FB12s, retro NA 4s, Berry Trainer Huaraches and Medicine ball trainer 3 are good examples of what Nike/Jordan can do. Heck even the atc 3s are decent. Everything else it's like why bother? Eventually they will retro it again like the NA metallic 5s coming up. Sorry just on a rant.

Last edited:
What if they were made of cheap leather like the flares were? Did you pass on them?

I don't know. I wore my 2013 grape 5s for the first time today and I was reminded of that hard cheap leather. I look in my closet and I see pairs with crappy materials and pairs with nice materials. I think why did I buy the crappy material versions? I feel like selling off anything with cheap materials quite honestly. The FB12s, retro NA 4s, Berry Trainer Huaraches and Medicine ball trainer 3 are good examples of what Nike/Jordan can do. Heck even the atc 3s are decent. Everything else it's like why bother? Eventually they will retro it again like the NA metallic 5s coming up. Sorry just on a rant.
I wear kumquats and USO1 a lot while leather is different between the two, I dont mind the cheap quality if bought under retail.  I never bought the Flares dont really care much of the agassi line outside of 2 & 3; 4s are OK but the rest Id never own. 

You might be on to something by just buying high quality shoes vs every shoe you want. 

I got the AT1 x Frags for $40 and the material/quality of them are top notch 

Man you got tooo many shoes just wearing a 3yr old shoe lol. Just think if you had just your top 30 shoes in terms of style, comfort, material, etc. 

I know there's no durathane anymore...I'm saying that I would like to see how it compares to the rubber on the retros.

I was actually referring to abracadabra abracadabra 's post about Flyknit holding up on court.

TBH I think that the sole on the retro would hold up about the same as Durathane. It probably wouldn't last as long, but the grip should be sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom