🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

I think they just get away with poor execution on releases cause people can always pay resale or settle for what doesn’t sell out.

But sneakerheads can be equally bad forgetting that these released twice before in the past 10 years and didn’t sell great. Easy to ignore facts that don’t fit the narrative when the next time they’re nowhere to be found.

I didn't forget. I've just hated every release since the 08's. :lol:

These will 100% be botted. Remind me of those Air Max Big Bubbles (red), that these kids didn't know they wanted until they found out there was some resale value. Them cook groups botted every size 10 and up on every drop for $8 profit after fees. These gonna be the same, but ALL sizes

Only way any real people getting their hands on these is local, or if they do a HUGE followup release
We just need to realize that the new retail is actually (retail + $20-$30). Just need to start buying what we want early on stockx before the price hikes up. But people are always counting to get them for true retail on nike and then get upset when it doesnt happen. Even when early boutique links are shared, people dont want to spend $10 for boutique shipping so they wait for nike…then they strike out on nike and now the shoe is $100 over retail on sx, goat, ebay

Last edited:
We just need to realize that the new retail is actually (retail + $20-$30). Just need to start buying what we want early on stockx before the price hikes up. But people are always counting to get them for true retail on nike and then get upset when it doesnt happen. Even when early boutique links are shared, people dont want to spend $10 for boutique shipping so they wait for nike…then they strike out on nike and now the shoe is $100 over retail in sx, goat, ebay
I can only speak for myself, but personally I depend on coppin from boutiques over Nike. I’ve had more success. Honestly, I think most do as well. The random drops be on point sometimes. I’m sure most here would’ve copped from boutiques if the option was available, but that’s not how this release went. Some were upcharging to like $200.

I can only speak for myself, but personally I depend on coppin from boutiques over Nike. I’ve had more success. Honestly, I think most do as well. The random drops be on point sometimes. I’m sure most here would’ve copped from boutiques if the option was available, but that’s not how this release went. Some were upcharging to like $200.
right, if there arent early releases from boutiques, no early looks or youtube videos and the shoes are $20 over retail..thats when you gotta just buy from stockx

this idk what ole boy going on about with some new retail BS. sounds like lining the pockets of resellers which doesn't help anyone
you struck out on nike...the shoes going for $100-$120 over retail now. Wouldnt have been a bad idea to grab em on stockx, a week or 2 ago, pay $20-$30 over and avoid the hassle..plenty of people in here have admitting to doing that... Its better than being mad at nike after every release when we all know nike doesnt care

Keith shipped. Still mad I didn’t do more groundwork because these looking like a double up from the in hand pics I have seen. Really hope they drop more even if I cant double so they get in hands of the fans who missed…I mean, those of us who remember OGs are close to 50 now its only right!

I just turned 48 yesterday and remember seeing these when I watch Andre at the French in 1990. Even remember when he unveiled them with the whole outfit. Wore an all white Nike Warmup to throw people off.

1989 Masters vs Edberg.

I wanted them right then for 7th grade (I got two pairs as my foot grew fast. First pair for beginning of Jr Hi was the SXT Pump (my #1 Non Nike Grail). Wanted these come spring and was all set to get them at a local Mom & Pop shop in Lansdale Pa called Dimmers (SE Pa PA peeps will know it well). They sold ALL the heat. EVERYTHING! And they discounted. Went in saw them. $79.99 (from $90 if I recall).

Then I had a problem....Black Cement IVs. Mom knew my MJ obsession and said they were only $10 more do you want then ($89.99 from $100 again if I recall). YEAH!!! So I got them with the caveat I had to take care of them. So my ATC II slipped away (can you blame a 13 year old 😂). Come 2008 I grabbed them. So this release was big.

Last edited:
you struck out on nike...the shoes going for $100-$120 over retail now. Wouldnt have been a bad idea to grab em on stockx, a week or 2 ago, pay $20-$30 over and avoid the hassle..plenty of people in here have admitting to doing that... Its better than being mad at nike after every release when we all know nike doesnt care
I've always been team retail or below for YEARS but these days have to consider resale. There only a few shoes that I really want these days so wouldn't mind a small over retail, nothing that's a $100 plus. Unfortunately I never saw any size 12 going for the $20-30 over retail. I would have pulled on that easily.

Anyone get a shipping update from SNKRS yet? Mines in transit getting sent to an ups access point so I pick up whenever it arrives. Moving to a new place.

Sneaker Politics had an online release on top of the raffle and one restock that I saw. Caught neither but they did more than just a raffle

They just dumped sizes that didn’t sell through the raffle. At least that’s what the store employee and whoever runs their Instagram account told me. I didn’t see my size when they went live.

My point was, it would’ve been better to give local customers a chance first before making them available to the entire country. If not, don’t put them on display in store if you’re not selling them in store.

Nah I won’t be doing that. If I strike out on release it is what it is. And I’m not mad at Nike for the release. I’ve had multiple retros of the shoes already so this doesn’t really bother me at all. I’ve said in the thread before I’d prefer anything else than more hot lava retros so I’m chilling

But you do you b

I think an important factor in choosing Nike over boutique is the number of boutiques and their raffle systems you have to apply for. Many now charge you once you win. If you want one pair but hit multiple then you have to move the other pairs. Minimal effort to some but additional tasks on the back end of a purchase. Also the stock numbers at small businesses makes chances smaller. I can understand the Nike or bust principle.

IMG_8036.jpeg
Came in yesterday from Hometeam, had to go .5 down and perfect fit. Straight to feet for work today.

Back
Top Bottom