🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava 🎾

Health is always one of the most important things and while sneakers may seem a bit trivial in the grand scheme of things, it's these little treats that can also help brighten your day. Great to see the community looking out for each other. Glad you were able to secure your pair! Here's to good health!

Thanks so much. I really appreciate it. 🙏🙏

Ok, so this is gonna be a bit long, and get emotional for me, but PLEASE 🙏 bear with and read it if you could? If you are an old head OG, you will 100% understand. It's a day late because I had an unexpected trip to the hospital in Philly on Monday early evening. And that was after several hours at my local Urgent Care due to feeling like absolute hell. 102.9° fever, chills, shaking I was so cold. But no nausea, but I felt dehydrated (again). Not the way I wanted to spend my 48th birthday 😞. But it is what it is. More on this in a few.

I tried 2 raffles and didn't get any. And like others, I also tried SNKRS and that was an abysmal failure. And with being on long term disability (from an insurance company policy I paid for when I worked, NOT SS) paying north of $300 was not even a thought. I've bought less sneakers this year than I have fingers on one hand. And those I did buy were at clearance. $37.50 Kukini Waters & $59.99 Shaq Court Victory. I won't pay retail unless it's for something that means A LOT.

Well, these mean a lot. I've posted on the last page my story on the OGs when I was 13 and my love for Andre Agassi & what he did to get me to love this amazing sport. And this is what I was hoping to see Tuesday but having to stay in the hospital until 1 pm Wednesday delayed my pickup from UPS. Pictures DO NOT express how UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING these truly are. My hopes were answered..
PXL_20240905_021820249.MP.jpg
PXL_20240905_021834383.MP.jpg
PXL_20240905_021943237.MP.jpg
PXL_20240905_021949851.MP.jpg
PXL_20240905_022528753.MP.jpg
PXL_20240905_022418446.MP.jpg

I got a pair for retail! 🥹🥹🥲🥲 And thinking these would fit like all the other releases I got in an 11 (very snug now), I was striving for an 11.5. But an 11 was offered and I say why not. I can always remove the insole if need be (my big toe on my bigger foot has been broken several times and it messed up my size as the knuckle it so tall now). Well, THESE FIT PERFECTLY!! With wiggle room too! As I said the photos don't do them justice. The shape is UNREAL! PERFECT! The pic above of the left shoe on the box says it all on that topic.

I said "offered" above. Someone helped me obtain them. I won't say who, but they know who I'm talking about. To the person who made me smile when I opened the box (my jaw dropped honestly these are THAT GOOD) THANK YOU!! 🥲🥲🙏🙏 I honestly can't say it enough and I'll always be in their debt for this assist.

The hospital stay was due to my never ending battle with Crohn's. It's been a 32 year struggle for my health battles that started at 16 with Ulcerative Colitis for 10 years (1993 medicine was so far behind vs today). That led to J-Pouch surgery (entire large intestine is removed and a man-made pouch is put in place. A temp ostomy bag is attached while the insides heal and then months later reconnected). Had that at 25. Two years later my liver was failing and had a transplant at 27. Add in a bowel obstruction a month after the transplant, and another in 2011 while in Canada watching the Phillies play Toronto (and seeing Roy pitch against his former team the only time he did). That was fun as I took an air ambulance flight home to Philly airport & surgery at Penn. This was the 5th different time my ab wall was cut open! I got a hell of a cool scar! 👍 And a car accident that gave me a brain bleed (arachnoid hemorrhage of the brain) and a massive concussion. & 6 weeks of vestibular therapy.

That all leads to then finding out in 2014 I have Crohn's and it's been that the whole time. Hiding. Got so bad I left selling Fords (which I did for 23 years, from 20-43) on 1/31/2020 as I was selling 200+ a year but also using the restroom 25+ times a day. Unbearable mentally & physically. So I called in my STD/LTD policy I paid for for years. And I live off it. It isn't much, enough to get by (barely). But I gotta get better to go back to working (a different job. Not into that car sales life anymore). How long that will take to heal? Not sure.

So lately really dealing with a flare that's just horrific. And like I said physically I'm so cooked. I try and do my Cars & Coffee meets on the weekend as it tries to keep me sane but I don't want to keep the trips on the bathroom at bay. Plus driving my 2006 Mustang GT does make me smile (owned since new). If I didn't get out, I'd be even more cooked mentally. I'm partly there dealing with this BS, but when I saw these were coming many months ago when we all leaned, I wanted and needed a pair. But not at $300 dollars.

But the assist I got (Thank you again kind person) help make me smile when they are few and far between. Everyone has struggles and everyone deserves a pick-me-up to help them out. Could be something small like buying one lunch. Or for me, these were my pick-me-up. I needed a "win" with what I've been dealing with and I got it. 🥲🥲🥲 I'm calling it now ...RETRO OF THE YEAR!! That's my (current life) story in a nutshell. Thank you to anyone who read it. It means the world.

Jeff.

I’m so happy you were able to get a pair and not have to pay resell. This makes me happy. Kudos to whoever was able to help.

Agree that my '19s are actually very comfortable. But the materials aren't great. Frankly, if the shape was the similar to the '24s I'd be more than happy just having my '19s.

yep biggest selling point is the shape for sure

toe look mad sleek in comparison

hope to scoop a 24 down the road for the right price

Yeah my 19s are fairly clean and they are comfortable and I wear them a lot!
Was content moving on with L but seeing everyone's pics here and talk about quality with what I've already seen of the shape, I really hope I catch one still. If not I'm hoping clays has the same quality and easier to get.

Ok, so this is gonna be a bit long, and get emotional for me, but PLEASE 🙏 bear with and read it if you could? If you are an old head OG, you will 100% understand. It's a day late because I had an unexpected trip to the hospital in Philly on Monday early evening. And that was after several hours at my local Urgent Care due to feeling like absolute hell. 102.9° fever, chills, shaking I was so cold. But no nausea, but I felt dehydrated (again). Not the way I wanted to spend my 48th birthday 😞. But it is what it is. More on this in a few.

I tried 2 raffles and didn't get any. And like others, I also tried SNKRS and that was an abysmal failure. And with being on long term disability (from an insurance company policy I paid for when I worked, NOT SS) paying north of $300 was not even a thought. I've bought less sneakers this year than I have fingers on one hand. And those I did buy were at clearance. $37.50 Kukini Waters & $59.99 Shaq Court Victory. I won't pay retail unless it's for something that means A LOT.

Well, these mean a lot. I've posted on the last page my story on the OGs when I was 13 and my love for Andre Agassi & what he did to get me to love this amazing sport. And this is what I was hoping to see Tuesday but having to stay in the hospital until 1 pm Wednesday delayed my pickup from UPS. Pictures DO NOT express how UNBELIEVABLY AMAZING these truly are. My hopes were answered..
PXL_20240905_021820249.MP.jpg
PXL_20240905_021834383.MP.jpg
PXL_20240905_021943237.MP.jpg
PXL_20240905_021949851.MP.jpg
PXL_20240905_022528753.MP.jpg
PXL_20240905_022418446.MP.jpg

I got a pair for retail! 🥹🥹🥲🥲 And thinking these would fit like all the other releases I got in an 11 (very snug now), I was striving for an 11.5. But an 11 was offered and I say why not. I can always remove the insole if need be (my big toe on my bigger foot has been broken several times and it messed up my size as the knuckle it so tall now). Well, THESE FIT PERFECTLY!! With wiggle room too! As I said the photos don't do them justice. The shape is UNREAL! PERFECT! The pic above of the left shoe on the box says it all on that topic.

I said "offered" above. Someone helped me obtain them. I won't say who, but they know who I'm talking about. To the person who made me smile when I opened the box (my jaw dropped honestly these are THAT GOOD) THANK YOU!! 🥲🥲🙏🙏 I honestly can't say it enough and I'll always be in their debt for this assist.

The hospital stay was due to my never ending battle with Crohn's. It's been a 32 year struggle for my health battles that started at 16 with Ulcerative Colitis for 10 years (1993 medicine was so far behind vs today). That led to J-Pouch surgery (entire large intestine is removed and a man-made pouch is put in place. A temp ostomy bag is attached while the insides heal and then months later reconnected). Had that at 25. Two years later my liver was failing and had a transplant at 27. Add in a bowel obstruction a month after the transplant, and another in 2011 while in Canada watching the Phillies play Toronto (and seeing Roy pitch against his former team the only time he did). That was fun as I took an air ambulance flight home to Philly airport & surgery at Penn. This was the 5th different time my ab wall was cut open! I got a hell of a cool scar! 👍 And a car accident that gave me a brain bleed (arachnoid hemorrhage of the brain) and a massive concussion. & 6 weeks of vestibular therapy.

That all leads to then finding out in 2014 I have Crohn's and it's been that the whole time. Hiding. Got so bad I left selling Fords (which I did for 23 years, from 20-43) on 1/31/2020 as I was selling 200+ a year but also using the restroom 25+ times a day. Unbearable mentally & physically. So I called in my STD/LTD policy I paid for for years. And I live off it. It isn't much, enough to get by (barely). But I gotta get better to go back to working (a different job. Not into that car sales life anymore). How long that will take to heal? Not sure.

So lately really dealing with a flare that's just horrific. And like I said physically I'm so cooked. I try and do my Cars & Coffee meets on the weekend as it tries to keep me sane but I don't want to keep the trips on the bathroom at bay. Plus driving my 2006 Mustang GT does make me smile (owned since new). If I didn't get out, I'd be even more cooked mentally. I'm partly there dealing with this BS, but when I saw these were coming many months ago when we all leaned, I wanted and needed a pair. But not at $300 dollars.

But the assist I got (Thank you again kind person) help make me smile when they are few and far between. Everyone has struggles and everyone deserves a pick-me-up to help them out. Could be something small like buying one lunch. Or for me, these were my pick-me-up. I needed a "win" with what I've been dealing with and I got it. 🥲🥲🥲 I'm calling it now ...RETRO OF THE YEAR!! That's my (current life) story in a nutshell. Thank you to anyone who read it. It means the world.

Jeff.

Beautiful! Like the others have said, it's amazing how something so "trivial" to most like a pair of shoes can be such a morale booster for us, but here we are. If anybody in this thread "deserved" a pair (and I HATE using that phrasing with sneaker releases lol), it was definitely you.

Beautiful! Like the others have said, it's amazing how something so "trivial" to most like a pair of shoes can be such a morale booster for us, but here we are. If anybody in this thread "deserved" a pair (and I HATE using that phrasing with sneaker releases lol), it was definitely you.

Agreed and well said.

Thanks so much for the kind words buddy. They definitely put a mile on my face when I first saw them in person. 👍

Some people reported 2900 pairs made. Some small boutiques overseas are getting their pairs now so I noticed stockx inventory has slightly gone up and the price has slightly decreased.

I think that report was 2900 loaded to snkrs. If we are to believe those numbers, and add that to the tiny allocations most of the limited number of boutiques received, I'd say it's safe to say less than 10k pairs in the US? Again, IF, and that's a pretty big if on that 2900 number, it's probably more like 5k-7500.

I think that report was 2900 loaded to snkrs. If we are to believe those numbers, and add that to the tiny allocations most of the limited number of boutiques received, I'd say it's safe to say less than 10k pairs in the US? Again, IF, and that's a pretty big if on that 2900 number, it's probably more like 5k-7500.

Should've been double that.

But Nike gotta Nike

Reactions: 907
Back
Top Bottom