🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

So funny to me the Silver 3 goes on sale a day after the FO. The Gold 3 goes on sale a month before Wimbledon. It seems the Silver ones will never go to NDC then.

So funny to me the Silver 3 goes on sale a day after the FO. The Gold 3 goes on sale a month before Wimbledon. It seems the Silver ones will never go to NDC then.
Nike just making up their release dates as they go along it seems... call me old-fashioned, but I would have preferred a bit of context their release... like aligning the release with the actual tournament they represent. 

Reactions: ARK
Just glad they didn't make them a quickstrike. If some sizes start to disappear then people might get nervous but I'm guessing that there's a decent amount.

Last edited:
$150? 
embarassed.gif

not feeling either of those atc3. when it comes to nostalgic purchases like agassi's kicks, i only care about og colorways. same with deions, griffeys, barkleys, etc. i want the shoes how i remember them as a youngster. jordans are so vast that they can easily get away with retro+.

lines like agassi dont come around often so why waste time with all this extra bs and we can't even get them in og form. makes no sense, but that's just me.

lines like agassi dont come around often so why waste time with all this extra bs and we can't even get them in og form. makes no sense, but that's just me.

It's to try and bring more people in. It's the same way nearly everything is marketed. "new look, same great taste". I have friends who clowned me for my "pink shoes" who then bought the Wimbledon 2 and the blue sriped joints after they saw mine, and those dudes aren't sneakerheads or tennis fans at all.

Then there's dudes like me who love the OGs but appreciate the new stuff.

If we were back in the 90s right now, would yall be against another colorway of atc?
No.
If we all were transported through time with disposable funds and rides to the mall, we'd be saying "only 3-5 colorways? why not more?"

The whole og vault has never been opened at once for any kicks. That's a separate issue. Nike doesn't offer any of the lines like that. Not an option.

So your choices are
1:
2-3 OG colorways per retro campaign
no retro+
Re-released every decade or so

Or

2:
The same 2-3 OG cws per retro campaign
An array of retro+
Popping up more often

I'm fine with Nike releasing as many cw's as possible for any Agassi model as long as the og cw's take priority. It means that there is a big interest in his line and don't have to wait years for more to release. I prefer the og shoes for sure but keep releasing new stuff too. Maybe the more shoes sold will finally convince them to start selling shirts again.

Last edited:
Yep, it's how I've felt all along.  With these, with the Grifs... Nike can do all the retro+ they want... so long as they give us the OG's.  That's all I want, that's all I ask.  

Another problem is that when they do release all these retro+ c/w's and if they don't do well, the model could be deemed a 'failure'.  And what's more... a poorly-done OG c/w is just as bad... we have 2006 to remind us all... which led to apprehensive buyers for the current (well made) retro.  

Yes of course it could be deemed a failure, as could the release of any single og color or the set of all the OGs altogether. But them putting more cws out is a hint that the line, as currently marketed, is working. Otherwise we would have said bye-bye after the cubes and been waiting it until 2025 for anything else.

Do yall think they would have sold more atcii if the sprites had come out instead of any of the sp models?

What about the iii? No whites no denim no Christmas no wheats but a proper faded collar on the voltage purple and releasing the ultramarine would have made for more units sold?

Yes of course it could be deemed a failure, as could the release of any single og color or the set of all the OGs altogether. But them putting more cws out is a hint that the line, as currently marketed, is working. Otherwise we would have said bye-bye after the cubes and been waiting it until 2025 for anything else.

Do yall think they would have sold more atcii if the sprites had come out instead of any of the sp models?

What about the iii? No whites no denim no Christmas no wheats but a proper faded collar on the voltage purple and releasing the ultramarine would have made for more units sold?

Hard to say. I still bought 3 volts, 3 white volts, 4 purps, 1 xmas. No denim. No wheat. I would've removed 3 ultramarine from their inventory too had those released. I was just thankful they brought the 3 back in original form but I only got color ways I wanted.

Those were a size 9, those are pics from an eBay seller, about 5 or 6 pairs of Volt Denims hit eBay and they were all size 9's which means they were samples and scrapped for release most likely. I scooped up a pair and can post pics when I get home

Back
Top Bottom