🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

@J0e Musashi  Which retailers had the "Military Blue Sude"?, always wanted a pair, but every asian website since like they are selling fakes
I know they had them available officially in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
These?  I never saw these here in HK...

Unless they were some Tier-Zero-Quickstrike that never saw the light of day cuz of resellers. 

air-tech-chalenge-suede-millitary-blue.jpg

These?  I never saw these here in HK...

Unless they were some Tier-Zero-Quickstrike that never saw the light of day cuz of resellers. 

air-tech-chalenge-suede-millitary-blue.jpg
A friend of mine was on holiday there, and she told me they were available. I'd have taken her up on the offer, but she always throws the boxes away to fit them into her suitcase so I didn't bother.

i'm from what i refer to as the "golden era" of tennis. i grew up on lendl, edberg, becker, chang, courier, mac, connors and of course agassi, etc. it will NEVER EVER be the same. those guys are what made me fall in love with this game. that said, i feel like guys like rafa, djokovic, and federer have really done the sport justice over the past decade or so and u can't really ask for much more from those guys.

I'm with you. I remember when every tournament would decide a new #1, now there are 2-5 relevant players in the world (maybe exaggerating, but still drastically different than 85-2000.)

I'm almost positive this has been discussed, but all the requests for OG Agassi gear made me think of Blake's tribute a few years back. Was this a vintage fit or did Nike make him a small set of retro gear? I'm guessing the latter...Lycra doesn't hold up that well over time.

View media item 2059628

I'm with you. I remember when every tournament would decide a new #1, now there are 2-5 relevant players in the world (maybe exaggerating, but still drastically different than 85-2000.)

I'm almost positive this has been discussed, but all the requests for OG Agassi gear made me think of Blake's tribute a few years back. Was this a vintage fit or did Nike make him a small set of retro gear? I'm guessing the latter...Lycra doesn't hold up that well over time.
I always wondered the same about the "fat bar" Hot Lava tribute polo that JB wore...

View media item 2059628

Yeah that was sweet. Was that ever available at retail?

No problem. The main reason behind it is because the 2006 Air Tech Challenge III put a lot of retailers off of stocking the Air Tech Challenge from 2014 onwards. The III is one of the most unsold shoes ever made. Even after multiple reductions, people just wouldn't buy them, and retailers got cold feet about the 2014 models.

Those 2006 III's are pretty rare nowadays I'd guess. I suppose they're something of a collectible at least. I often wonder how many pairs were destroyed when even outlets couldn't shift them.

Ah, so makes sense why they kept churning out the ATC 2's in diff cw's but doesn't make sense why they are releasing more III's soon. More confident in the sale this time around maybe.

Was this a vintage fit or did Nike make him a small set of retro gear? I'm guessing the latter...Lycra doesn't hold up that well over time.

View media item 2059628

It was new stuff. That's why it was slightly different. Unfortunately not available to anyone else. Well Andre likely got it, but it certainly wasn't available to buy.

Last edited:
It was new stuff. That's why it was slightly different. Unfortunately not available to anyone else. Well Andre likely got it, but it certainly wasn't available to buy.

Andre was with Adidas then so I doubt he was given that shirt and probably wouldn't want it anyway considering how bad the design was :D I was always surprisd that blake didn't try to use the 1990 US Open outfit instead of the French Open gear.

Last edited:
Never seen the volt denims iii or the grey suede ii in anything except sample form/size 9. Anyone have a pair who could post pics?

Agree that "fat bar" polo never made retail. I tried hard to find any extras at the time. None available

As for t shirts, I dabbled with the older logo for my company:
View media item 2059928I am too afraid to make one bearing the words challenge court on the logo. It was easy though. I made the design myself and uploaded to redbubble.com. Only the design placed on a white or gray came out well. The ink didn't look good on a darker colored tee

Cheers

Tell us about the black lava!!! Pretty please!!

Jaja. You're making me blush with all of this praise.

TBH the "Black Lava" aren't worth worrying about. Especially if you don't own them. You likely will NEVER find a pair for sale, and they aren't that different to "Hot Lava", which is (without doubt as a whole) our most favourite shoe of all time. The "Reverse Burst" for me are the greatest of all Tech Challenge II's. You can instantly spot the differences (providing you are an Agassi head), and they are SO much better than "Orange Burst". That model is what I call "Clay".

Here's a stock photo of them.
View media item 2059986

Last edited:
Jaja. You're making me blush with all of this praise.

TBH the "Black Lava" aren't worth worrying about. Especially if you don't own them. You likely will NEVER find a pair for sale, and they aren't that different to "Hot Lava", which is (without doubt as a whole) our most favourite shoe of all time. The "Reverse Burst" for me are the greatest of all Tech Challenge II's. You can instantly spot the differences (providing you are an Agassi head), and they are SO much better than "Orange Burst". That model is what I call "Clay".

Here's a stock photo of them.
View media item 2059986

Word! Thanks for that- don't think I'd seen these before.

I wouldn't say I'm an Agassi head as such- loved him growing up and my first ever pair of nikes were the cerise/grape atc iv's- can't wait for the retro.

Still play in 08 lavas (social only these days)
[emoji]9996[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]️

$150! Wondering how limited these are? Don't even think it matters at this point, BUT the guy on the livchat on NDC said they are at "Low Quantities" BUT, I see that happen with sneakers AND gear when they are first listed on the site, it's up in low quantities, disappears and then pops back up in a week fully stocked like they got their main shipment in.

View media item 2060551

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom