🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

I was told that will never happen because there is no visible air bag on that version of the midsole.

I assume it was the same source that said it's because they don't have the proper tooling for it. But let's be honest if they want to make it they can. If they do I would think it will be with the air unit to sell more shoes.

Oddly enough my favorite of the recent 3 retros is the white silver volt. Just wish the outsole wasn't translucent.

I assume it was the same source that said it's because they don't have the proper tooling for it. But let's be honest if they want to make it they can. If they do I would think it will be with the air unit to sell more shoes.

I really don't see the hard part in creating a midsole without a visible air unit? What am i missing?

Of course Nike caaaannn do it. They could hire A-list celebrities to hand-sew gold leaf uppers onto soles with caviar-filled air bubbles and then give them away free to underprivileged youth - if they wanted to.

But since they care the most about the bottom line, they will take any and all cost reducing measures that don't completely compromise design or function of a shoe (especially lifestyle retro). OG soles probably won't happen because of the following:

1.It would require a different mold than what they used on the tech 2 sole, which costs money and time

2.factories already have the air bubble mold (Nike partner factories are cheaper than Nike)

3.harder to market the OG sole to "normal" people who will just think it doesn't have air or hypebeats who will think it's a budget yeezy sole

So do/risk all that to be true to a shoe that isn't popular anyway -when their manufacturing partners have basically perfected the dumbed down yeezy/challenge sole over the last 5 years?

Of course Nike caaaannn do it. They could hire A-list celebrities to hand-sew gold leaf uppers onto soles with caviar-filled air bubbles and then give them away free to underprivileged youth - if they wanted to.

But since they care the most about the bottom line, they will take any and all cost reducing measures that don't completely compromise design or function of a shoe (especially lifestyle retro). OG soles probably won't happen because of the following:

1.It would require a different mold than what they used on the tech 2 sole, which costs money and time

2.factories already have the air bubble mold (Nike partner factories are cheaper than Nike)

3.harder to market the OG sole to "normal" people who will just think it doesn't have air or hypebeats who will think it's a budget yeezy sole

So do/risk all that to be true to a shoe that isn't popular anyway -when their manufacturing partners have basically perfected the dumbed down yeezy/challenge sole over the last 5 years?

Hit the nail on the head in my opinion.

good post i feel the exact same way you do. i think Nike knows there isn't a huge demand for Agassis so they aren't going to waste their time to make them. heck they even skipped releasing the IVs in the U.S. and only letting EU sites get small size runs. it sucks that this is the case but i'd hate for there to be a demand anyways because i would hate dealing with all the unnecessary hype 

There's very little hype on them but it's annoying that we couldn't get the retro IV's in the U.S. snd the sites that do get them usually get 1-2 fsr's with less of the bigger sizes. It is nice that you don't see everyone wearing the same shoes which is the case after a Jordan release.

Last edited:
There's very little hype on them but it's annoying that we couldn't get the retro IV's in the U.S. snd the sites that do get them usually get 1-2 fsr's with less of the bigger sizes. It is nice that you don't see everyone wearing the same shoes which is the case after a Jordan release.
i dont mind seeing a lot of people with the same shoe but i want it to be an easy purchase when I'm going after a shoe lol 

and most retros end up hitting discounts in U.S. anyways so i see why Nike chose to release the IVs this way but it sucks for us in the states that want them as well 

i dont mind seeing a lot of people with the same shoe but i want it to be an easy purchase when I'm going after a shoe lol

and most retros end up hitting discounts in U.S. anyways so i see why Nike chose to release the IVs this way but it sucks for us in the states that want them as well 

Nike could still sell them in the U.S. and just make less like they did with the first stock of gold atc III's which sold out quickly.

Last edited:
The original sample we saw was Hot Lava, I think?

This was the PS I did...

21285676589_49637b67d3.jpg

I don't recall a solid Navy though... Hmmm.

As for the 1's... if Nike does retro, I think they'll just use the Yeezy sole.  

salute to @AIRMAXDISCIPLE  and the person that beat me to the size 46 cerises on footish... I wasted too much time deliberating, but I really want that us 11.5

I cant believe there is still no word on a stateside release, but they continue to drop a zillion ugly outlet bound colorways of the ATC2 
mean.gif

I was told of an all Navy 3 that was speculated would become a US Open release like the Gold Wimbledon and Silver French Open. Similarly there was a volt splatter 3. No pictures of these two ever made it out apparently. [emoji]128532[/emoji]

No pictures of the flyknit 2 made it out either.

Last edited:
I was told of an all Navy 3 that was speculated would become a US Open release like the Gold Wimbledon and Silver French Open. Similarly there was a volt splatter 3. No pictures of these two ever made it out apparently. [emoji]128532[/emoji]

No pictures of the flyknit 2 made it out either.
Wow, an ATC II with a Flyknit upper???  That sounds interesting. Seems its a cheap production and they did it to the Air Max, so it's not totally surprising at this point.  Nike needs to move major units across the board that cost cheap to produce because they're pulling down the Dow (NKE -19%).

Back
Top Bottom