🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

Someone is asking $800 for them on ebay lol. I doubled up on them. I love how they made his Ausstralian Open titles on the ongue and games won on the back.

Last edited:
I remember walking into NIKE and seeing them on the wall and taking the pic that did the rounds.

The workers didn't even know what they were. I think I ended up with 6 pairs, keeping 1 for myself and helping out other with the rest.

Still need those US Opens

Lol, they've included 'Tweener'... 
laugh.gif

I'm interested to see how a player from a different generation/era will teach the current game... from mechanics to strategy.  

Last edited:
His teaching is the same way that I learned. I don't know why anyone would try to teach it differently. He makes some really interesting tips. He definitely is the cleanest ball striker I've ever seen. I'm sure some kids are trying to to learn how to hit an exaggerated semi western grip like Nadal though.

Last edited:
Yeah, as it was for me too, but kids hit the ball so differently now.  Even Rafa's grip isn't that extreme as it's just a Semi-Western.  I'd say over 80% of the tour right now uses Full-Western grips for that extreme whip on the ball.  Spin definitely playing a bigger part in today's game.  And not just the grip... more kids are using that lasso-follow-through, which wasn't really the norm 20yrs ago.

And for those interested, Andre's rocking the purple/crimson Zoom Cage 2's.

rs.php

True, but this isn't really geared toward talented youths destined for pro tennis. They already have coaching and are playing a different game. This is probably mainly aimed at people like us (adult Agassi fans) to refresh our game and show our kids who may be just starting off or who might not yet have played much at all.

In the video is he shows how he plays with an eastern grip and if you remember in Attack, Nick said it was a semi-western. I don't see how the game is really changed that much other than some kids trying to copy Nadal's wind around forehand now. The basics are always the same. Some people can adapt and just hit the ball their own way that they are comfortable and slightly stray from what they were taught. People probably learn to hit with a little more top spin now but the concepts should always remain the same. You rarely see anyone serve and volley anymore. That's something I'm surprised that Federer hasn't tried to do more of especially as he gets older.

Last edited:
I've never owned a pair of the Cage 2's but they look comfortable. I've also never owned a pair of the ballistec 1.5's but they don't look really comfortable. Especially after what I hear from the reviews as far as foot slipping and it being a tight fit.

Last edited:
I've never owned a pair of the Cage 2's but they look comfortable. I've also never owned a pair of the ballistec 1.5's but they don't look really comfortable. Especially after what I hear from the reviews as far as foot slipping and it being a tight fit.

I havent tried the 1.5 but the ballistec 1.2 was amazing

I havent tried the 1.5 but the ballistec 1.2 was amazing

It must be tough for Nike to sell the ballistecs with the vapors being so comfortable. I think one of the tennis warehouse reviews said the 1.2's didn't hold up well and they corrected it with the 1.5. But I haven't tried them so couldn't say.

Last edited:
Yeah durability wasn't great but I really preferred the elevated visible air max sole to the vapors. I get that you can feel the court better with the zoom but I preferred a higher heel with more dampening. I think the 1.5 is closer to the vapors as is the cage. All zoom now, I think

I liked the old-old Cages... the Breathe Free's.  Those were quite comfortable and durable.  Haven't tried the subsequent models, but I remember the Max Cage 1's to have a funky sizing issue.  Yet to try these Cage 2's though. 

If you didn't know who Nadal or Federer were in that Australian Open you would have had a hard time figuring out who was who with similar cw's in shoes, clothes, and head bands.

I liked the old-old Cages... the Breathe Free's.  Those were quite comfortable and durable.  Haven't tried the subsequent models, but I remember the Max Cage 1's to have a funky sizing issue.  Yet to try these Cage 2's though. 
I played in my breathe frees until 2 years ago.  Still my all-time favorite tennis shoe (to play in).

So, who purchased Andre's lessons?  

[emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji] $10 well spent! 
tongue.gif

EDIT

Awwww, man... no cheesy 90's music. 
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom