🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

No offense to Rafa, but his wouldn't hold any signifance other than a great win as part of his comeback.
Actually, it would... for Rafa, it would mean a double career grand slam...winning each slam at least 2 times.  Only 2 other guys have done so... Laver and Emerson.

Hold on. Nike doesn't have a habit of making anything special after Grand Slam wins. That's why I wouldn't expect anything now for neither Rafa or Roger.

I never understood that... maybe because I'm used to how they do a lot more for their basketball stars.

Hold on. Nike doesn't have a habit of making anything special after Grand Slam wins. That's why I wouldn't expect anything now for neither Rafa or Roger.

I never understood that... maybe because I'm used to how they do a lot more for their basketball stars.

True but... Any excuse to push some merch though!

Rafa doing a double grand slam or Fed adding another grand slam is easy money. And I'd definitely welcome some new stuff.

It's just not common practice for tennis in general.

But like you said, I guess it's cuz it's more common in American sports. 

And I think it's different from collegiate championship games or the Super Bowl or whatever.  For those, don't they usually makes shirts/caps for both teams?  They cover both sides.  They can't do that in tennis cuz both players might not have the same sponsor.  And even if both had the same sponsor, like I mentioned before, it's not common in tennis.  During Andre and Pete's numerous finals, Nike never did such a thing.  I would have been surprised if they did.  

I'm still happy Nike released some "Trophy" colorways as GR in recent years. That's the only reason I got French Open Lunars with #9 on the back and US Open legend colorways in 2015 and 2016.

Obviously I'm super mad it's the same shoe and a different version than Rafa wears, but it's the only thing we got :tongue:

Forgive me if I am wrong but are the shoes that Rafa and Roger wearing the same color as the ones on Nike.com? The ones on Nike.com are "Hyper Orange/Lava Glow" but on TV they look like they have more pop, more like an Infrared feel. Maybe the product shots on NDC are off?

Forgive me if I am wrong but are the shoes that Rafa and Roger wearing the same color as the ones on Nike.com? The ones on Nike.com are "Hyper Orange/Lava Glow" but on TV they look like they have more pop, more like an Infrared feel. Maybe the product shots on NDC are off?

Same. Look on photos, shoes are orange on them.

It depends on a lot of things... the cameras they used, how your TV is setup, etc.  I say that cuz on the main camera (looking down at the court from up top), it looked very bright, almost Infrared as you said... but from the lower court-level camera behind the players, it looked very orange.  

I dunno what the "true" color Nike used for their PE's, but I wouldn't be surprised if Nike tried to make those "pop" more.  They'd want to a color that made them pop as much as possible on TV.

Picked up the green flyknits for 89 off NDC with code Ebates 20. Also 8% cash back at Ebates

Wish we would've got a hat more than that shirt honestly
White only also isn't the best.  I don't know about others, but I really hate those 100% cotton shirts.  Once I start to sweat in them, I look horrible.  So, maybe it's not the shirt, but me. ;-)

White only also isn't the best.  I don't know about others, but I really hate those 100% cotton shirts.  Once I start to sweat in them, I look horrible.  So, maybe it's not the shirt, but me. ;-)
No I'm with you on that as well, Dri Fit is 1000% better but the tennis t shirts are always 100% cotton for some reason

Surprised they havn't flooded us with 18 memorabilia yet. Id like an 18 emoji shirt or sumthing

They will. That first shirt took all of 5 minutes to design. I'm sure they'll put in another half hour sometime this week and come up with more merch for you fedheads.

Has anyone had issues with the taped line on the challenger shirts wrinkling? Any solutions? I want to iron it but I'm worried the heat might mess up the bond.

Wow, didn't see the shirt until now. Sold out. 
mean.gif

How did you guys find it? Didn't see any tweets or anything go out?

Back
Top Bottom