🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

RE-RELEASE THE AIR TECH CHALLENGE SHOE SERIES!!!!! And do it for people who play tennis who have big feet too!!(Size 15 and up) and also dont make the quality crap like the Js....

Definitely need those Air Tech Challenge back and most of Agassi's shoes. I would love to see Sampras Air Max Sweep and Oscillate also heck bring back Courier's Supreme Court and Air Resistance too!

Should have kept my pairs even if they were worn out and had holes on them why did I throw them away :frown:

This is great, great news! I didn't expect it after that $20 million payout Nike made to Andre at the end of his contract. But this must be the reason they've been holding off retroing most of his stuff.

They might be emphasizing the charitable stuff in that news release, but make no mistake, this is also about business. I expect them to re-release most of Agassi's back catalogue, at least several of the most popular models.

proper "Ginger" retro may be a deal breaker with regards to sneaker collecting(may call it quits on retros after that)....Quite honestly has to be my favorite Nike tennis shoe of all time, and I would probably wear them in my sleep for a month if they drop. That along with a Courier Supreme Court retro would be best case scenario/grail status for me.

For all you know, we might get bullcrap cw's, like what they did to the griffey line. Instead of going back to the orginal cw's they'll probably start fusing models. Nevertheless, it's good for both parties. The prodical has returned.

Sin, got the UniQlo goods today:smokin Thanks a mill. I owe you.

So dope hes back with Nike...need Tech challenge I-IV retros with proper ball logos on the heel, and lemme get the black/copper Challenge LWP too please

YESSS! I wore a lot of his clothing line when I played in High School. Now that I am back to playing, I hope Nike puts out some quality stuff.

I currently play in the zoom breathe 2k12. and use my old pair of courtposites for practice as they are beat. Please bring this back at a decent price!

Gentlemen .............it's retro time !!!!!!! Gingers please
proper "Ginger" retro may be a deal breaker with regards to sneaker collecting(may call it quits on retros after that)....Quite honestly has to be my favorite Nike tennis shoe of all time, and I would probably wear them in my sleep for a month if they drop. That along with a Courier Supreme Court retro would be best case scenario/grail status for me.
laugh.gif
 Guys, just so you know (Rich, I'm sure you know this), but those aren't called "Gingers"... The ad was part of a 2-page add that featured the ATC IV's on one page and (from what I can remember) the white/maroon/blue Supreme Court kicks on the other.  I'll have to double-check, but each ad had 1 word to describe something and for some reason, "Ginger" was used on the ATC IV's. It has nothing to do with the shoe or the colorway. 

The actual colorways were...

Black-White-Dark Grape-Cerise

Black-White-Clear Turquoise-Marina
Sin, got the UniQlo goods today:smokin Thanks a mill. I owe you.
nthat.gif
All good! Hope the stuff fits! 
Just ran into Agassi in the employee store...

Dude looks like he is in great shape...very slim...

JM
Fantastic.

From the pics I've seen over the past few months of him and the senior-matches he played last year, he still looked very fit, which is very impressive, given his back/hip issue.  I think he had surgery to fix that, but you never know with these issues.  

JM, please let us know if you see/hear anything else! I need to know!!! 
laugh.gif

Exciting times...

EDIT ~ From Andre's timeline...

‏@AndreAgassi 

Thanks for the lift, @NikeTennis! Amazing day, amazing people... #NIKE #BackHOME pic.twitter.com/daJHYgN7cU

BKMretZCYAAC5x2.jpg:large

Last edited:
New pic added to the Nikeinc site... 

A VERY interesting shirt... It's basically his 1991 Roland Garros purple ATC III shirt, but minus the purple sleeves and the black-grey flaming-tennis ball on the back.  And it's definitely not his 1991 Wimbledon shirt... 

130513_Nike_Agassi_038_detail.jpg

5348093277250520rhmde3jsc.jpg

show_foto

Last edited:
I'm really getting my hopes up with his return. Crossing my fingers for the original tennis ball logo and OG colors.

Gonna keep my expectations in-check with the potential release of his line cuz you just never know how Nike's gonna handle it. They could very well pump out a bunch of hybrids and call it a "tribute to Andre with a modern-twist"... 
eyes.gif

Anyway, this was a post from "Jack The Hack" over at the TalkTennis forum...

For those of you that want some more background information, I am a rank and file Nike employee, and I was at the special lunch visit that Phil Knight and Andre Agassi had for employees at the Nike World Headquarters this afternoon where the reunion was announced. On the company intranet site last week, they had advertised a "surprise athlete" visitor would be coming, and where he or she would be appearing, but they only gave a few hints. (Many were speculating that it would be a track and field athlete, giving away tickets to the upcoming NCAA track championships in Eugene. However, when I heard that Phil Knight was going to be there, I knew it was going to be big).

Here are some of the things I saw today:
  • When Andre came up on the stage, Mr. Knight told a short story of how Andre had called him last month, not asking for any money or making contract demands. Rather, Andre just told him that he wanted to come "home to Nike, and be part of the family again." At that point, both Andre and Phil had tears in their eyes, and embraced emotionally. The crowd of employees in attendance erupted in cheers, and there was the euphoria of seeing a very special, genuine, moment.
  • Andre started out by saying that neither he, nor Phil, needed this (financially), but both really wanted the reunion to happen. He stated that Nike was there to support him when he was just a kid, all the way through the highs and lows of his career, and that he felt bad in the way things had gone in the end... so he wanted to make it right. 
  • Andre told a couple funny stories about his kids, and said that nobody was more excited that he was back with Nike than his son, who has always preferred the Swoosh.
  • Andre told a few short tennis related stories. One of them was about how his wig/weave and Nike hat were a nasty mess when he won the US Open in 1994. Apparently, he had worn the same thing for all the matches in that tournament, partially out of superstition, and that it was pretty gross by the time he got to the final. When he won, Michael Stich had given him a hug... and the first words he said were "wow, you really smell bad." Andre also talked about his relationship with Jimmy Connors, which is not on the best of terms. Connors has said "Agassi is not my kind of guy," and Andre said that the feeling is mutual.
  • Andre talked about the importance of education, and the $175 million he was able to raise for his charter school in Las Vegas, and the positive impact it has had on thousands of children since the doors opened. However, he also talked about how they can only serve 1,300 kids at that school each year, and that there are 2,500 kids on the waiting list. Therefore, he's been working on ways to scale up the college prep program in underpriviledged areas across the US. To that end, his team has found an innovative way to fund new schools and has raised over $1 billion to start building new facilities around the country.
  • Andre and Phil talked about how Andre's role at Nike will not only be for promoting tennis as an icon, but also the fitness movement for families across the country to combat obesity.
Here is a fuzzy picture I took on my phone of the event:

Please give us ATC 3/4 Cerise and Ginger, og style. Please. Maybe a pair of those denim compression shorts. Ok, maybe not the shorts.

Want these:

Was in highschool when he played in these. skipped some classes back then to see the big matches :smile:

Gonna keep my expectations in-check with the potential release of his line cuz you just never know how Nike's gonna handle it. They could very well pump out a bunch of hybrids and call it a "tribute to Andre with a modern-twist"...

Yea, thats also what im afraid of..anyhow , havent been this excited towards Nike in years. Lets hope we get something true to OG

Realizing "ginger" represents the popular ad "nickname", - believe the other shoe was Mary Ann in reference to Gilligans Island?, i always referred to that CW as the "shamu" CW. To me the reminded me of a sleek killer whale. Not that everything is in a nickname but it worked for me. I beat mine to the ground but wish I had still saved them. Also had at least 2 of the other CW which were worn heavily as well.

I really dig the low version the Connors wore when he made his run in the US Open early 90s. Never had them originally but wanted them. Huaraches in black/teal, were another favorite. :smokin

Realizing "ginger" represents the popular ad "nickname", - believe the other shoe was Mary Ann in reference to Gilligans Island?, i always referred to that CW as the "shamu" CW. To me the reminded me of a sleek killer whale. Not that everything is in a nickname but it worked for me. I beat mine to the ground but wish I had still saved them. Also had at least 2 of the other CW which were worn heavily as well.
Oh good spot! I just found the other half of that ad and it was, indeed, Mary Ann (for the Supreme Court shoe)! I'll scan it tomorrow, but I never understood it cuz I never watched Gilligan's Island! 

l.jpg

Thought about an Agassi Grand Slam Pack, but unfortunately, his kicks from his last few slams weren't that great,  Oh well.

1992 Wimbledon ~ Air Challenge Huarache

1994 US Open ~ Air Flare

1995 Australian Open ~ Air Challenge LWP

1999 French Open ~ Air Zoom Beyond

1999 US Open ~ Air Zoom Beyond

2000 Australian Open ~ Air Zoom Beyond

2001 Australian Open ~ Air Zoom Implosion

2003 Australian Open ~ Air Zoom Implosion

Back
Top Bottom