🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Salute to Jason Kelce and Fletcher Cox

Yep, we need youth. Rookie and sophomore CBs have been hitting at a relatively high rate the last two seasons. Gotta get a franchise cornerstone

I get that. But we are literally in a SB window right now ..to have potentially a total brand new secondary ain’t it

Wouldn’t it be a huge cap hit if he’s traded ?

This is Howard apparently showing growth lol
Howie built a SB roster a year after getting bounced by the Bucs. And you’re STILL getting :lol:

Let’s not jump to conclusions here. Wait for it to play out. Anything can happen, you can net some sort of draft capital and maybe grab Ramsey? Who knows

Absolutely zero reason to freak out this quickly :lol:

as i mentioned when talking about resigning bradberry

for the cap, slay was one of the obvious restructure candidates.. but dude is 32

best case we put some of the money for next season spread out over 2 years.. but that's 33 and 34.. at some point it has to happen.. least bradberry is 29

Howie built a SB roster a year after getting bounced by the Bucs. And you’re STILL getting :lol:

Let’s not jump to conclusions here. Wait for it to play out. Anything can happen, you can net some sort of draft capital and maybe grab Ramsey? Who knows

Absolutely zero reason to freak out this quickly :lol:
I wasn’t even being facetious this time tho

Usually he would reward players for their past contributions instead of looking towards the future. This is really is him showing growth as a GM. The question is, can he rebuild it with Hurts contract

the thing is continued efficiency of offense and the pass rush..

we know we need to pull the bandaid, but at what point with some of these guys

True but locker room Morale is a real thing. The org is trying to frame this like he wants out but why would he after another Pro Bowl season and a SB appearance.

They prob asked him to take a pay cut

the problem is Slay has been so healthy the past 2 seasons we have no idea how good Jobe or McPherson is
I’d consider that luck more than anything. The moment his play diminishes, that contract is gonna look real ugly real quick. Especially if it’s an extension he’s looking for

Remember when we needed a corner and our options were Byron Jones, Patrick Peterson and Ramsey? Two out of those three guys are on their way out of the league

I wasn’t even being facetious this time tho

Usually he would reward players for their past contributions instead of looking towards the future. This is really is him showing growth as a GM. The question is, can he rebuild it with Hurts contract

this part i can see.. cause we saw it with how we hurt the WR position..

but we do need to be smarter with the cap now that we know we going be paying jalen.. for example look at the dead cap hit we got for brandon brooks.. but we won a super bowl and had to eat money elsewhere

but at least we'll have a crap ton of draft picks in '24.. and then we lock up devonta and dickerson

One thing for sure ..this is a huge departure from years past with Peters Sproles and Alshon post 17

Rather be a year early than a year late
Bingo. It’s a loaded CB draft, they probably want capital before the draft with a potential Slay trade.

It’s becoming more common for rookie CBs contribute right away. Can you expect all pro level play like Sauce in his first year? No. But dudes like Surtain and Horn were pretty productive their first years

True but locker room Morale is a real thing. The org is trying to frame this like he wants out but why would he after another Pro Bowl season and a SB appearance.

They prob asked him to take a pay cut

i assume when they went to him about the restructure and basically guarantee just '24, he wanted to add money and probably years

him being 32 is huge on both sides

Back
Top Bottom