🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Salute to Jason Kelce and Fletcher Cox

think this is legit it

team is planning for multiple years in the future.. the want dude around.. but not 3 years from now

I’d love for the draft to be defense heavy & hopefully a Trey Palmer for WR3 , Sydney brown at safety , Gonzo at 10 .

by defense heavy.. i assumed first 2-3 picks would be defense

soo maybe draft 2 CBs in the 1st, with the plan we have our 2 new outside CBs for '24 season

or we go CB and DE or DT depending on who is were.. and we get contributors to replace other guys

and then after moving on from certain other guys we know we have a crap ton of picks in '24 draft

Last time we went defense the 1st 3 picks we won the SB

5LFZ4A6PTBDCZAR277KKTHFLM4.jpg

Zero
by defense heavy.. i assumed first 2-3 picks would be defense

soo maybe draft 2 CBs in the 1st, with the plan we have our 2 new outside CBs for '24 season

or we go CB and DE or DT depending on who is were.. and we get contributors to replace other guys

and then after moving on from certain other guys we know we have a crap ton of picks in '24 draft
zero chance we draft two DBs in the first :lol: you know this by now

you know it will be CB and lineman with the first two picks, assuming we keep them

Howie is thinking long term. We have that Devonte deal looming in the near future and if dude keeps putting up 1200+ yards he's gonna get paid.

zero chance we draft two DBs in the first :lol: you know this by now

you know it will be CB and lineman with the first two picks, assuming we keep them

i mean, i wouldnt exactly put it past us if that's how the draft goes.. i know we value the position.. but im kinda glad we have learned, hopefully, the hard way not to force things

i assume we wait til 2nd or 3rd for RB

but i wouldnt be surprised if we went DT and/or DE or tackle since we have to prepare to replace lane eventually

i think they would prefer to go CB.. and then go CB again next draft.. essentially replace CB2 this draft, then let that guy move to CB1 when we draft CB2

i mean, i wouldnt exactly put it past us if that's how the draft goes.. i know we value the position.. but im kinda glad we have learned, hopefully, the hard way not to force things

i assume we wait til 2nd or 3rd for RB

but i wouldnt be surprised if we went DT and/or DE or tackle since we have to prepare to replace lane eventually

i think they would prefer to go CB.. and then go CB again next draft.. essentially replace CB2 this draft, then let that guy move to CB1 when we draft CB2
We value the position but have spent next to no high level draft capital on it besides Sid. And I don’t see that changing now with drafting two in the first two rounds :lol:

We’re suddenly thin at DT again. And we gotta get Issacs replacement. Almost guaranteed we go at least 1-2 linemen in the first two rounds

Agreed on tackle. If Paris Johnson is there, take him.

We value the position but have spent next to no high level draft capital on it besides Sid. And I don’t see that changing now with drafting two in the first two rounds :lol:

We’re suddenly thin at DT again. And we gotta get Issacs replacement. Almost guaranteed we go at least 1-2 linemen in the first two rounds

Agreed on tackle. If Paris Johnson is there, take him.

i assume kelce is back and jurgens steps into starting at guard..

with DT i think we try to find another hargrave, but we're comfortable with milton and davis.. but we look for a guy who could take advantage of the attention other guys get, like ive seen dude from the cardinals suggested elsewhere

but i know we're not drafting RB, LB or S in the 1st.. we know we wont be drafting QB or WR

and then it depends on how things shake in the draft.. which could end up being CB/CB, just looking at the strength of the draft

if we NEEDED a DE, i would definitely say that's the route we were going at 10

but we're 3 solid at that position.. so i assume we only go DE at 10 in specific circumstances.. and it would only be certain dudes, same for 30

obviously whatever is happening with jalen carter impacts what we do at 10.. but i'd hope we dont go kancey at 10, but wouldnt mind at 30.. dont want parts of any of the clemson dudes

if we NEEDED a DE, i would definitely say that's the route we were going at 10

but we're 3 solid at that position.. so i assume we only go DE at 10 in specific circumstances.. and it would only be certain dudes, same for 30

obviously whatever is happening with jalen carter impacts what we do at 10.. but i'd hope we dont go kancey at 10, but wouldnt mind at 30.. dont want parts of any of the clemson dudes
If a guy like Myles Murphy drops, they grab him. Like you said, 3 solid at the position. But Howie has zero issue investing in the line, even if it’s just a rotational role at first. The line can get very thin, very fast. I don’t think Howie wants to scramble to get a Linval Joseph or Suh if something happens. Build the depth now to develop for the future.

I’d love for the eagles to double dip on CB on this draft tho , but I agree we trade back out of 30 grab a D-line , possibly Charbonnet & a WR3 , we also need a backup TE behind Goeddert ! Lol damn we have a lot of holes .

Not holes per say but we do need more people at the skill positions

but i think howie/team has learned not to force things and play to your strengths

get the BAP.. which is why i think it could be 2 CBs, because draft might just shake that way

but i dont think they would pass on the DE from texas tech.. or depending on where things are, jalen carter.. not sure how we would view nolan smith and where we would rate him

i think we would value calijah kancey but not sure we would have him at 10

I don’t blame slay at all.. him being 32 is key for everyone involved

we want him here next year, we need his cap hit for next year spread over 2 years

but this his last chance at solid guaranteed money for like a 3 year deal

and as I’ve said, I assume CB1 is the focus at 10 unless jalen carter drops because of legal issues

Back
Top Bottom