🦅 THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES THREAD 🦅 | Training Camp underway

My only beef with drafting a QB is we'd basically be back in the Wentz situation. If Hurts does well and starts like 4-2 then struggles a bit and the team is 4-5, the media and fans will call for us to start the rookie and it'll be a circus again
If we draft a QB, we either most likely sit him for a year or at least the first few games. Or def trade hurts. He’s young, cheap (2nd round deal) and lots of teams need a QB. He’s easily worth a 3rd imo

My only beef with drafting a QB is we'd basically be back in the Wentz situation. If Hurts does well and starts like 4-2 then struggles a bit and the team is 4-5, the media and fans will call for us to start the rookie and it'll be a circus again

I mean media cant get worse.. and it only really gets to wentz situation if hurts wins super bowl

Sure we’ll get shh for couple days because we’ll get shh no matter what

but we’ll have cash and picks to support guys in 2022

But again, my biggest issue with wentz he’s in year 5 and hi mechanics went to shhh

like that‘s something we were working on and focused on from drafting him

if they go with trey lance, for example, they gotta make sure the guy is actually goong take coaching

If we draft a QB, we either most likely sit him for a year or at least the first few games. Or def trade hurts. He’s young, cheap (2nd round deal) and lots of teams need a QB. He’s easily worth a 3rd imo

I mean realistically, we’d have 2 QBs on rookie deals.. so less than 10 mill.. if we went this route

I like Lance but I’m good on him at 6. We trade back a few and grab him? Sure. Could probably end up with Lance and a WR.

Fields and Wilson only for me.

dude is a more polished kaep and athletic as hell plus young.. I legit wouldn’t mind

let him sit behind hurts

we going get shh anyways.. but depends on if dude will take coaching

cause again to go back to wentz, since we would hear it a shh ton.. we fixed stuff with wentz and then thar shh broke again when dude is in year 5 and 28

I mean realistically, we’d have 2 QBs on rookie deals.. so less than 10 mill.. if we went this route

dude is a more polished kaep and athletic as hell plus young.. I legit wouldn’t mind

let him sit behind hurts

we going get shh anyways.. but depends on if dude will take coaching

cause again to go back to wentz, since we would hear it a shh ton.. we fixed stuff with wentz and then thar shh broke again when dude is in year 5 and 28
Honestly, out of the three realistic options I like Wilson the best. Dudes a gun slinger. Herbert, mahomes, Murray vibes

Honestly, out of the three realistic options I like Wilson the best. Dudes a gun slinger. Herbert, mahomes, Murray vibes

I like all 3.. I just don’t want to move up for any

i like Wilson the best but he had a shoulder injury and he might be the least equipped to deal with philly in a surface level

I like all 3.. I just don’t want to move up for any

i like Wilson the best but he had a shoulder injury and he might be the least equipped to deal with philly in a surface level
Good point. I 100% don’t wanna move up. If anything, move back for Lance if it ends up being him. And of course this is only if Chase is gone and they really convince themselves OUT of Pitts

Good point. I 100% don’t wanna move up. If anything, move back for Lance if it ends up being him. And of course this is only if Chase is gone and they really convince themselves OUT of Pitts

i mean we could take lance and then go WR in the 2nd or move back in the 1st with our 2nd and those 3rds

without a combine guys like toney or Moore are likely to drop.. maybe waddle too

but with lance he’s a great athlete, good arm and doesnt have a terrible motion of mechanic.. plus young

But with lance and Wilson I would be worried about the phillyness of it all

cause we would bench the guy to save them, like we intended to do with wentz with Sammy sleeves

but us taking a QB would be a major talking point..

even though I assume even if we’re bad, we won’t be 1st or 2Nd or even top 10 pick bad.. I mean we still beat the saints and were competitive with playoff or almost playoff teams at the end

Yeah he's def got the intangibles. My only gripe with him is that he's only had one season starting under his belt. He would for sure be a developmental piece and that's not necessarily a bad thing

That's what I'm saying man. We could be bad in 2022 but 1) It's shaping up to be a weak QB class in 2022 (by now, we would really have an eye for whos in the pipeline) and 2) I don't think we get a pick higher than 6 for a long time

Yeah he's def got the intangibles. My only gripe with him is that he's only had one season starting under his belt. He would for sure be a developmental piece and that's not necessarily a bad thing

That's what I'm saying man. We could be bad in 2022 but 1) It's shaping up to be a weak QB class in 2022 (by now, we would really have an eye for whos in the pipeline) and 2) I don't think we get a pick higher than 6 for a long time

yup.. if the guy is there at 6, it would make a ton of sense

any of the 3 guys.. and then load up around them

while I worry about howie.. that’s why I’m glad we brought college guys in

our QB coach watched toney and pitts up close and was in the SEC.. also knows hurts

I'm convinced not even half of this **** would be said if it didn't involve Philadelphia sports.

This is ridiculous man :lol:

people make literal careers off of talking shh about philly sports teams

well the sports people care about

shhh don’t even make sense.. like I just remembered some dumb shh bomani said and I like bomani and think he’s super smart

but dude was like we knew we wanted to hire sirianni, like he was getting the job no matter what

completely ignoring that we easily interviewed way more candidates than any other team.. and I couldn’t even think of who else Jacksonville interviewed, for example

but dudes eager as hell to talk shh about philly sports, even if the shh don’t even make sense

cause youll have shows that will talk about the lack of attention the Tampa bay assistants got.. then ignore that we were the only team to interview any of em

Back
Top Bottom