🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

It's feelin' like rap changed, it was a time it was rugged
Back when if a ***** reached it was for the weapon
Nowadays ****** reach just to sell they record

The irony of Drake saying this :lol: Too strong

Last edited:
Kendrick is great at rapping, but a lot of people want him to be smarter than he is. And I really think him trying to live up to that is going to hinder him sooner than later.

Drake and Kendrick have about the same level of depth on the subjects they choose to rap about, honestly—both are barely scratching the surface and lack some nuance. It's just the categorization of Drake rapping about what seem to be trivial matters that result in people thinking Kendrick is deeper or smarter.

That said, I'd rather listen to Drake because it's more honest and personal music. I don't like hearing broad/overarching music as much as I enjoy hearing pointed, personal music about the human condition. And...you know...it sounds better.

Kendrick is great at rapping, but a lot of people want him to be smarter than he is. And I really think him trying to live up to that is going to hinder him sooner than later.

Drake and Kendrick have about the same level of depth on the subjects they choose to rap about, honestly—both are barely scratching the surface and lack some nuance. It's just the categorization of Drake rapping about what seem to be trivial matters that result in people thinking Kendrick is deeper or smarter.

That said, I'd rather listen to Drake because it's more honest and personal music. I don't like hearing broad/overarching music as much as I enjoy hearing pointed, personal music about the human condition. And...you know...it sounds better.
[emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]

[emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]

Yeah idk if i could say it any better repped my man.

When i think about times i listen to drake....pre-gaming with friends before the bar jamming "know yourself"....in the car windows down music up....the gym.....cooking dinner dancing through the kitchen to passionfruit

When i listen to kendrick....like some times when im driving to work....the kendrick voice antics annoy me...and hurt my ears.

and not saying i don't like kendrick....but drakes music is way more listenable to me. And when i want to think about music and really contemplate lyrical gymnastics....i listen to Aesop Rock, Sage Francis, Atmosphsere, Old Eyedea, POS....etc (a bunch of underground rap hell even Lupe Fiasco is "deeper")

Last edited:
Lol says generalizations are corny then proceeds to make a generalization
laugh.gif
Some generalizations are mired in fact.

Sorry.

If your cornball shoes fit, lace em up playboi. 

I'm going to go put on a dashiki and read The Isis Papers. Am I being fake deep?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom