🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

You noticed dudes smooth deflected Kendricks Taylor Swift song too right :lol:

Yes a rapper who's an actual Piru would make Hood Politics and The Blacker the Berry for just white folks :rolleyes

was he a piru or did he have homies who did what they did and he was just the lil ***** who tagged along

everyone in the hood isnt necessarily a street *****

either way i dont care if he was suge knight he knows what to do to get grammys and white nerdy publication critical acclaim which is what dude up there meant by "critic bait"
You will be surprised that most of the music he makes is based off LA vibes and culture.

Yet dudes have an issue when Drake does the same thing with Toronto

Da hypocrisy
Not sure what you trying to say there, but I got no beef with what Drake does with the Toronto scene. I just don't see how Drake is better than Kendrick at rap.

Read this thread for a week and see how many people have a problem with Drake using Toronto slang because he is "trying to sound Jamaican"
Eh I mean he did sound weird with the Jamaican accent on More Life, but I still liked some of the songs. /shrug
Haters gon hate?

Yes a rapper who's an actual Piru would make Hood Politics and The Blacker the Berry for just white folks :rolleyes

was he a piru or did he have homies who did what they did and he was just the lil ***** who tagged along

everyone in the hood isnt necessarily a street *****

either way i dont care if he was suge knight he knows what to do to get grammys and white nerdy publication critical acclaim which is what dude up there meant by "critic bait"
You will be surprised that most of the music he makes is based off LA vibes and culture.

Yet dudes have an issue when Drake does the same thing with Toronto

Da hypocrisy
Not sure what you trying to say there, but I got no beef with what Drake does with the Toronto scene. I just don't see how Drake is better than Kendrick at rap.

IMO.......

I would say Kendrick is a better rapper/lyricist too.

Drake makes more entertaining music that spans outside of just rap.

But anyone (not saying you) are deluding themselves if they think the two are do not operate in the same commercial highway. There are tons of overlap in the fanbases. It seems like the people that don't like both feel the need to go at each other constantly.

-Next regarding the pro black stuff, I don't much much weight on it either way. I don't rely on rap for social commentary, there are enough books and essays to read, but it is refreshing to hear it and it is relevant to the world Kendrick saw growing up. On the other hand like I warn all brothers, you gotta realize you are being marketed too as well. When K.Dot like every other artist is trying to crave out a niche for himself. So in some ways Kendrick social commentary operates in the same way Drake's Caribbean melodies do, to differentiate himself from the competition.

They in the same lane just driving different cars. I don't see why there must be constant bickering between the fans. I would love if the two made music together again.

Last edited:
You noticed dudes smooth deflected Kendricks Taylor Swift song too right :lol:
I responded back. All you said is that I moved the goalpost. :lol:

I mean if thats his reasoning cool

But you see how that would get crucified if Drake did it

We just all got different standards for every artist in hip hop

Ain't no way Kendrick dropping a One Dance (though if he did, his fans would tell people "it has layers, deep meaning, it was for xyz)

and people gotta stop expecting a GKMC from Drake when it's clear he's a R&B ***** who raps decently :lol:

IMO.......

But anyone (not saying you) are deluding themselves if they think the two are do not operate in the same commercial highway. There are tons of overlap in the fanbases.

Next regarding the pro black stuff, I don't much much weight on it either way. One way it is refreshing to hear it and it is relevant to the world Kendrick saw growing up. On the other hand like I warn all brothers, you gotta realize you are being marketed too as well. When K.Dot like every other artist is trying to crave out a niche for himself. So in some ways Kendrick social commentary operates in the same way Drake's Caribbean melodies do, to differentiate himself from the competition.

They in the same lane just driving different cars. I don't see why there must be constant bickering between the fans. I would love if the two made music together again.

Too bad Aubrey caught feelings after Control. And I think is an oversimplification to say Kendrick's music is in the social commentary lane. The vast majority of GKMC was just about him growing up in Compton and his personal experience. It was easy to consume and not on some elevated tip at all.

Last edited:
internet thug internet thug

Droppin jewels and nonsense at the same damn time :lol:

Well I'll be. Color me impressed/perplexed

:lol:

On the other hand like I warn all brothers, you gotta realize you are being marketed too as well.

^

jimmy iovine would be nowhere near the picture if it was all smiles afro picks and ashy fists

everyone in the entertainment industry is fulfilling a gimmick or character to varying degrees

Last edited:
IMO.......

But anyone (not saying you) are deluding themselves if they think the two are do not operate in the same commercial highway. There are tons of overlap in the fanbases.

Next regarding the pro black stuff, I don't much much weight on it either way. One way it is refreshing to hear it and it is relevant to the world Kendrick saw growing up. On the other hand like I warn all brothers, you gotta realize you are being marketed too as well. When K.Dot like every other artist is trying to crave out a niche for himself. So in some ways Kendrick social commentary operates in the same way Drake's Caribbean melodies do, to differentiate himself from the competition.

Too bad Aubrey caught feelings after Control. And I think is an oversimplification to say Kendrick's music is in the social commentary lane. The vast majority of GKMC was just about him growing up in Compton and his personal experience. It was easy to consume and not on some elevated tip at all.

I did not say it was just that, I did not box him in like that.

I said it acts as a way for him to differentiate himself.

-They both act like *******. Both of them.

Drake has a point in saying that it is sucka **** to throw dudes under the bus for attention, yet dap them up backstage.

Both fools have been engaging in the subliminal nonsense for years now. **** or get off the bowl

Last edited:
you belive he caught a body?

Control is the most "legendary" song that no one can recite a single line from. :lol: :smh:

other than the part where he calls people out.

Like I said, Drake is a great pop artist, Kendrick is still a better rapper than him.

Funny how Meek let Drake destroy him though, especially since Meek is of a battle rapper pedigree :lol: :smh:

Drake is more prolific than Nelly
Kendrick got more hits than Nas

Can't really compare

[emoji]129300[/emoji]Another taylor and kdot song

Back
Top Bottom