🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

:rofl: :rofl:

TBCChU.gif

I'm ****ing with Drake's part of this. **** was hard.

And Random but this is a prime example of the business behind some of these features that Drake does for people.

Like for instance, people may ask (Not people in this thread just in general) why the record was put out on OVO Sound if it's not a Drake record, and that it kind of looks like it's stealing sauce.

But really, there's no other option for a guy like blocboy to get a Drake feature. IIRC it cost like 500,000 grand or close to that for a Drake feature. He may waive it sometimes, but he can't waive it on an artist like Blocboy JB. The only way then, for Drake to get a feature like this off is to put it out through OVO Sound, where he's allotted a certain number of verses that he can give per year, courtesy of his label. (this was one of the stipulations in the forming of OVO Sound)

When you see records like Tuesday (Even though eventually signed Makonned) and that record with Dave being put out on the OVO Sound label, it's actually helping the artist in a way. This is also one of the reasons why you don't see Drake on many OVO Sound projects.

Thought I'd just pass that tidbit of info into this thread.

so this means drake gets a larger portion of pub/royalties? whats the difference between it coming out on OVO and it coning out on (for example) “blocboy entertainment” or whatever

Basic hood look was DEFINITELY what Drake was going for. Almost in an ironic and odly authentic way.

I can’t fully explain it right now....but Drake fully understands marketing at a really high level. His versatility and keen eye for “what works” might be his biggest strength. Dude knows who he is. How he’s viewed. How to laugh at himself. How to fit in, or fit out. When and where to blend. What to say and how to say it depending on the audience.

He might be the most savvy in the game.

he finna do that memphis album next he about to show JT how to go pop and go back to your roots without it looking forced stay woke.

They won’t be expecting **** when Capo go to slide/ Cuz I told em that we put that that **** behind us but I lied

Drake was sliding on this **** can’t eem lie

i hate when *****s do this and they only do it when its drake

same **** with the YG song

nobody says **** when people like French do it in Loyal or Hov who does/did it alot

Nah bro dudes have historically called Hov out for that hence the “I’m not a biter I’m a writer” line

As for French I don’t think _’s even care what he be saying on tracks lol , ironically the BIG lines he used have also been used by Jay :lol:

This is what i imagine ballerific looks like in the club when an artist he hates comes on but he can’t help but jam out so it becomes a struggle with his own body :lol:

I don’t dance to songs I don’t like, mad funny. I’ll stand there still while other people dance. I’ll dance to songs I like by artists I don’t like. Good music is good music, sorry your boy makes Kidz Bop and Nickelodeon music now.

Drake has a fire verse drop and dudes get weird and start hating on Kendrick out the blue this is why people are annoyed by some drake fans

That’s some strange ****.

Nah, goes both ways. When damn came out ppl started ****ting on drake and more life, there was even a photoshop of the more life cover with his dad eyes open wide saying “DAMN!” :lol:

It’s all warranted :pimp: the two fan bases will never get along.

Kendrick fans hate drake cuz Kendrick been riding in the back seat his whole career. If drake didn’t exist Kendrick woulda BEEN the #1 guy

I need a full album of these type of bangerz from Drake. No simp songs. I’m talking 4 AM in Toronto type.

Lol drake got it rough...I rock w this trap banger stuff, but I need that introspective 2am night time driving music... he gotta provide on both ends

Back
Top Bottom