🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

:smh: why that boy drizzy kill that beat like that :smh: i spun the snippets repeatedly to the point that i damn near know his whole verse. Goes without saying but it sounds infinite times better mastered .

I'm ******* with Drake's part of this. **** was hard.

And Random but this is a prime example of the business behind some of these features that Drake does for people.

Like for instance, people may ask (Not people in this thread just in general) why the record was put out on OVO Sound if it's not a Drake record, and that it kind of looks like it's stealing sauce.

But really, there's no other option for a guy like blocboy to get a Drake feature. IIRC it cost like 500,000 grand or close to that for a Drake feature. He may waive it sometimes, but he can't waive it on an artist like Blocboy JB. The only way then, for Drake to get a feature like this off is to put it out through OVO Sound, where he's allotted a certain number of verses that he can give per year, courtesy of his label. (this was one of the stipulations in the forming of OVO Sound)

When you see records like Tuesday (Even though eventually signed Makonned) and that record with Dave being put out on the OVO Sound label, it's actually helping the artist in a way. This is also one of the reasons why you don't see Drake on many OVO Sound projects.

Thought I'd just pass that tidbit of info into this thread.

Might be the weakest video dude has been apart of :lol:

Couple hot takes:

-Video is kinda basic. But I think that was kinda the look they were going for.

-Drake parts are wayyy better

-This might be one of the few times it would have sounded better if yelling Drake made an appearance. Edit: on a couple more listens, his flow might be cool.

-I like the beat but I dunno, something about it seems off, like I wish it were more "aggressive" and a tad bit sped up, it that makes sense.

Still love this track. Finna wake my neighbors up with this **** tomorrow.

Last edited:
Look Alive :pimp:
giphy.gif

IY0xGL4.gif

TBCChU.gif

Basic hood look was DEFINITELY what Drake was going for. Almost in an ironic and odly authentic way.

I can’t fully explain it right now....but Drake fully understands marketing at a really high level. His versatility and keen eye for “what works” might be his biggest strength. Dude knows who he is. How he’s viewed. How to laugh at himself. How to fit in, or fit out. When and where to blend. What to say and how to say it depending on the audience.

He might be the most savvy in the game.

Look Alive :pimp:
giphy.gif

This gif is :smokin . Can be used in so many situations

-When you playing monopoly with your lil sister and she lands on Boardwalk...... and you own it,.......and got a hotel on that joint.

-When you Baby and the label just sent over Wayne's bonus

-When you a waiter and catch Nawghtyhare slipping, because he didn't realize gratuity was mandatory before he ordered. :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom